LK78 - Korea - Slow cooked deity

Well, I lost my report, but here are the biggies. Russia declared war on the Hitties, Hitties area already losing ground, they've dropped into Fascism. We buy Gunpowder from Sumeria, and we have Saltpeter. Also, out military is up to 10 knights.

they've dropped into Fascism.
:eek: Every time I see tech news it gets worse. :eek:

Russia declared war on the Hitties, Hitties area already losing ground
Is this going to end with Russian domination?

=====================

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Microbe
Greebley
Kaiser_Berger
Meldor (currently playing)

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

Lee,
I will be taking a trip starting this saturday. The dates are in my Sig. This will effect both LK76, and LK78.

For the game, we can either ally with the Hittites to go after the Russians, or take advantage of the attack to grab some poorly defended cities. I would do one or the other though. Allowing Russia to kill the Hitties and not getting any land ourselves is the worst option.

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Microbe
Greebley (vacation Nov 20th to Nov 30th)
Kaiser_Berger

1350 AD (0)
Since the deal for iron is up next turn, I swap Pongyang to a Knight and Namp'o to a settler.
(I) The Germans and Russians ally against the Hittites.

1355 AD (1)
It now costs 14gpt and wines to get iron from Russia. Move the knights and bows up to the border.
(I)We build another knight.

1360 AD (2)
The only thing we can get for an alliance is WM but we pay 1gpt. I take it to get the full picture. Everything moves up to Ulsan.
(I)It is officially a dogpile as Russia brings in Greece.

1365 AD (3)
Ok, our 13 Knights, 4 Longbows, 2 Elite Horses, 1 sword and 4 Trebs are ready. The Trebs go 2-4 showing at least 3 vet rifles in the city. The first Knight gets hit with a cannon and retreats doing no damage. The second knight gets pinged by a cannon and dies doing no damage. The third knight gets pinged by a longbow and dies doing no damage, but promotes the top rifle. The fourth Knight does to 2hp of damage before retreating. The fifth knight redlines a hurt rifle before dying. The sixth knight redlines but kills the 3 hp rifle it faced. The seventh knight dies, doing no damage to the 3hp elite. The eighth, ninth and tenth knight manage to die, taking 1 hp off of the elite before the eleventh knight finally kills it. The 12th knight kills the remaining redlined rifle and leaves a longbow on top. Our first elite horseman retreats taking 1hp off of the LB but the second elite horseman finishes him off. Unfortunately, we don't have the tech for cannon and I watch them be destroyed. We do get 23g and 4 slaves. There had better be a good resource under that city! We fortify to heal and await re-enforcements.
(I) The RnG loves me again, as the Hittites attack us with 3 rifles our trebs hit everyone and then our knights held, promoting one to elite. Heck, if I could have only had the city attack us!

1370 AD (4)
Not much, as we are healing. I move some spears onto the hill were I will found the city. This also lets us see the lay of the land. It is nice that we can see some rails.
(I)No attacks.

1375 AD (5)
Still healing.
(I)No attacks, Hittites down to three cities.

1380 AD (6)
Last healing turn.
(I) Again, a knight is redlined, but holds off a rifle.

1385 AD (7)
We found the city of Paegam and it starts on some walls. All units advance on Hattushua and the dyes. Hitties are down to two cities.
(I) The Russians land 2 Longbows and a Cossack in front of us.

1390 AD (8)
We sidestep the Russians and hope they soften the city up for us.
(I)The Cossack goes for the capital and the longbow move to pillage. Sumeria and Greece ally against the Germans. Sumeria finishes Smith's.

1395 AD (9)
The trebs go 1 for 4. Since the Russians didn't warm them up, I decide to wait a turn as 3 more knights and an elite horse will arrive.
(I)We watch Russia attacking the capital.

1400 AD (10)
It is now or never. We lose 4 knights and have multiple retreats, but we kill the 3 rifles and 1 Longbow in the city. We get 398g but no slaves as we raze it. The settler moves up and can settle next turn, depending on where you want to place the city. This city will give us dyes and will most likely be the last we can do until we get Cav.

Signed up:
LKendter (currently playing)
Microbe (on deck)
Kaiser_Berger
Meldor

BTW, I built an extra settler just in case we want to squeeze in two cities before the capital falls. We could squeeze one in a maybe grab extra room. If not, it can be merged back in somewhere to jumpstart production.

Sounds like a successful little war.

What percentage of the land is Russia up to? Are they getting close to domination? Not sure what we can do if they are though. If we declare war we would probably get them past domination ourselves. I guess we hope we can build up enough cavs to be able to declare war and not lose cities before they get a cultural or domination victory.

A single strong civ is the most dangerous situation. Don't think there was anything we could have done to avoid it though.

1400 AD
I use up our spare cash to upgrade some military as it is really pathetic.

I shift our units closer to the Hittites capitol. If the Russians almost take the city, I want a chance at taking it.

1405 AD
(IT) Russia wants to sell us dyes again. Since we will connect a permanent source next turn I tell her no.

I hate when you don't even get a turn to fix happiness. Seoul riots before I can even connect our dyes. :mad:

1410 AD
Manp'o is formed and we have our own source of dyes.

I need the Hittites to survive one more turn, as we are in position to attack.
(IT) I watch the Russians kill conscripts. The Hittites are running out of units.

1415 AD
I begin the assault on Hattusas. Our buckets totally whiff. I lost 2 longbows, and kill 2 conscripts with the other longbows. I lost 2 knights and kill 3 riflemen. I am down to a swordsman who kills a 1 hp rifleman. My next attack is to lose an elite horseman vs. longbow. The final horseman kills a longbow to leave a 2 hp longbow standing. :mad: :wallbash:

We fail to capture Zeus and the spice because of a blasted longbow that survives. :mad:
(IT) Russia destroyed the Hittites. :cry:

1420 AD
(IT) We get really bad news as Russia declares on Sumeria. I fear a Russian domination win.

==========================

Summary:
Well I fouled up big time on the timing to attack the city. One more turn and it probably would have been ours.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe (currently playing)
Greebley (on deck)
Kaiser_Berger
Meldor

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/LK78-1450AD.zip

Ouch on missing Hattarus. It had several wonders, though I don't remember if any other than Zeus would still be useful. Knowing when to attack is very hard (and often impossible, IMO).

We have gotten no breaks in this game. Now Moscow is no longer on the edge of Russia territory so the option to grab the GLib to reach tech parity is very much harder.

I will not have time to play this game after Microbe plays. Friday, I have to get ready for my trip.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe (currently playing) Overdue for got it - heading toward skip
Kaiser_Berger (on deck)
Meldor

preturn: Seoul is starving because it's working on mountain instead of hill. Fix that. Switch Cheju to hill so Cathedral completes in 22 turns instead of 38.

IBT lose iron from Russia.

1460AD: I do not renew iron deal. I buy ivory from Germany with Wines+4gpt+11g.

We still can't lower lux but get some happy faces. More importantly Russia wouldn't be able to demand our wines.

1470AD: Sumeria has been eliminated from the mainland and only have a city overseas.

I sign MA with Russia and get Chemistry by WM+61gpt.
Chemistry to Germany for Education+12gpt+30g. We won't get GL before Sumeria is eliminated, and the remaining AIs are stupid, so GL wouldn't benefit us anymore.
Chemistry+18gpt+208g gives us Banking from Greece.
Banking+22gpt gives us Astronomy from Germany.

Set to Metallurgy due in 33 turns.

I start universities everywhere, and shut off research for now. We are still making 88gpt.

1475AD: IBT Russia wants MPP and I decline. Greece and Sumeria embargo vs us.

1490AD: Sumeria is destroyed.

1495AD: we complete two universities. With our gpt back we can get Metallurgy in 20 turns.

Germany gets Navigation.

1500AD: Another university completes and shortens metallurgy by 2 turns.

Summary: got 4 techs and waiting to see what Russia is up to next.

If we can get Metallurgy it would be big. We haven't had a GA yet. A few Hwacha's would really help our position.

-----------------------------

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Kaiser_Berger (currently playing)
Meldor (on deck)

Russia is at 58% territory and 61% population. We are on the verge of losing. They may win simply from growth. My prediction is we lose if we don't start a war we can win with 40 turns. If Russia takes out Germany the game is lost.

I don't know what to do at this point, as we simply don't have the strength to fight Russia. It looks like the 70s will be the worst decade for the LK series with 2 losses. :(

Not much to report. We're 7 turns from Metallurgy. Russia has infantry. They have over 60% in both pop and land area. If they sneeze hard we're through.

Not much to report. We're 7 turns from Metallurgy. Russia has infantry.
The fat lady is on stage.

==============

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Microbe
Kaiser_Berger

I can only say one word - Hwach'a.
We may have an outside shot with a GA. We need to build a Hwach'a SoD.

Top Bottom