Loading a map made with the World builder

Niptium

Warlord
How to? (EDIT)

Easy. Save the map with the Worldbuilder, not even as a mod or scenario, a simple map.

When you set up a game, choose the map in the map type box (instead of Pangea, terra, continents, etc.)

Seriously? I have to download that beast to get the map I spent an hour on to be playable?

Yeesh.

yes, I did precisely that to create and test an earth map I'm working on atm.

Seriously? I have to download that beast to get the map I spent an hour on to be playable?

Yeesh.
I made a map, what you do is save it to My Games, Civilization 5, Maps, and then start up the game, go to Mods, Set up game, and then find the map in the map list. No downloading or enabling required.

Aha! Thank you for your patient answer!

And when I loaded the map I got a comical answer to how poorly I did... why are there settlers from all the minor states around me? haha, boy, it's late and I'm an idiot...

Thanks again.

Even easier. I saved that map with the Worldbuilder, not even as a mod or scenario, a simple map. When I set up a game, I chose my map in the map type box (instead of Pangea, terra, continents, etc.)

I have a problem with this:

I created a simple terra map (128x80) in the WB, I just wanted it to have "snaky" continents and many islands that make ships more useful for my next game.

I did nothing else than check if I like the overall shape of the world, save it (no standard given, so I simply put it on the desktop) and choose it for my next single player game (12civs, 28 CS).

And then it repeatedly crashed while loading.

1) Is the save location important?
2) Do I have to assign starting positions?
3) Might the number of civs/CS be too high?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: The save location was the standard maps folder anyway, although I didn't specify it! The map shows up when I want to create a custom game, just to clarify this!

How to? (EDIT)

Easy. Save the map with the Worldbuilder, not even as a mod or scenario, a simple map.

When you set up a game, choose the map in the map type box (instead of Pangea, terra, continents, etc.)

Thanks - nice one. ;)

How to? (EDIT)

Ok, this worked fine. Except, in the map I built, I specifically assigned Player 1 a starting position, and yet when I open the map in Civ V, I'm not at that starting position. Am I missing something?

I have been attempting to get my map scenario working for days now. It always CTDs during loading.

I can get the map itself running, with random start points. Which is not what I want.

I do go through MODS > SINGLE PLAYER > SET UP GAME. All required mods are enabled; the combination of mods works fine in a regular game. Whenever I click on the 'Load Scenario' button, instead of the single playable civ in the mod showing up top, it shows "Random Civilization".

I have tried using ModBuddy to save as a Map Pack, but that didn't help.

Several threads have referenced this problem, but it has never been answered.

Top Bottom