Looking for a reasonably priced VPN

Tommy Vercetti

The Don
I am in the market for a fast and reasonably priced VPN. Preferably under 60 a year that won't affect my speed too much. Any recommendations? Maybe use a promo code?

Have been researching this myself. I have found no easy, obvious answer.

Have been reading the various options on PC Magazine's site and at CNET's site.

Have not chosen one yet, but am working on it. Thinking about Surfshark... :dunno:

I wonder if it makes sense to build one's own VPN via AWS, Azure, or similar cloud-hosted self-managed VPN server? I'm mulling this one, myself. And if one does, then presumably one could share it out to family and friends, too.

I wonder if it makes sense to build one's own VPN via AWS, Azure, or similar cloud-hosted self-managed VPN server? I'm mulling this one, myself. And if one does, then presumably one could share it out to family and friends, too.

I used a friend's AWS VPN for a while. It worked reasonably well.

Regarding the OP, don't subscribe to any VPN that is heavily advertised. So no NordVPN.

I use MalwareBytes Privacy, and it isn't too terrible as far as performance goes. Streaming works well, and that is sort of my acid test for things like that.

IIRC the cost is about $40 CDN per year.

Why is this your advice?
The cheapness causes unreliability, and them recouping costs some way else. And the popularity causes slowness, because there's no way they can offer good speeds to everyone.

Also, if you rely on a VPN for access to services, the popular VPN farms are the first ones blocked.

Mullvad, I ve been using it for a year or so. Its cheap reliable and I find them trustworthy.

You can try it for a month and see if the speed is good enough for you. The only time I worry about speed is if I am online gaming, and I dont do that right now, so I haven't paid too much attention other to it.

Top Bottom