1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a roleplaying campaign.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by StormbringerGT, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Dux_

Dux_ Warlord

Well, I'll go greedy dwarves then, Khazad would be fine if Balseraphs are taken.

2. chuckgilla138

chuckgilla138 Chieftain

Amurites
    Valledia the Even

3. westamastaflash

westamastaflash Lord Commander

I'd be interested in this. I'm -5 GMT, can only play evenings (does pitboss work with FFH)?

Might i suggest classical start, to get things moving with the story a bit quicker?

I'd enjoy playing as the Crusading Bannor. Decius, if possible. Sabathiel, if taken.

4. Methuselah

Methuselah King

THE STAGE
    Erebus
    Large - Huge Depending on player amount
    Epic Speed
    Half Experience (no superheroes in the blink of an eye)
    Noble Diffilculty
    Lots of Wild Animals
    Raging Barbarians (Unless popularily voted no)

I would like to suggest compact enforced *or* not allowed to switch to Basium/Hyborem

5. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Chieftain

I was thinking along those lines to, as that creates more food for story telling, but in the end I think each civ will get a few specfici civ specific wonders and the rest will be up for grabs. I'll update the roster later tonight.

6. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Chieftain

Good call you can summon them, but they must be controlled by the AI.

7. mimic

mimic Magic Box

Aye, if a player tries to take over Hyborem or Basium it always goes OOS.

8. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

because i said id go amurites first i bags Dain the Caswallawn ;)

9. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Chieftain

Sweet I've always wanted to play with the magic civ, the AI does it all wrong.

10. Morni

Morni Warlord

I see you've given me Balseraphs, but Dux wants to play Balseraphs as well.
    As I posted, I'm fine with any non-barbarian civ, whichever suits the game better, so perhaps he can play Balseraphs instead of me.

11. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Chieftain

Okay we have quite an ensemble here. It also seems like everyone is of like mind which will makes things great. We still got a few people deciding which civ they want to be, we are pretty light in the good department, if need be I will change.

12. chuckgilla138

chuckgilla138 Chieftain

I'm playing Elohim Einon Logos to get a feel for him/them. I would be more than happy to switch to ensure a balanced atmosphere. I also didn't see that someone had chosen the Amurites already. No biggie here..still down.

13. Dux_

Dux_ Warlord

Well, if I'm Balseraphs, can I be Keelyn? Insane but not that insane is more fun than just crazy insane :)

14. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

So how does MP work? What software do I need? Configs?

I'm a little clueless right now.... and I'd like to get up to speed before we try this, so's I'm not the moron holding everything up! :rolleyes:

15. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

As far as the need for good civs goes, I could be persuaded to change as well if needed.... I can dig me some good dwarves! :lol:

Then again.... with the right offer.... the Hippus would happily crash themselves against clowns and vampires.... but only with the right offer :scan:

16. jacomanring

jacomanring Chieftain

I would do happily Calabim or (since Mimic does as well :) ) Ilians

...By the way, could you explain to me, what exactly do you mean by "roleplaying"? I mean, I know the meaning of it I just want to understand how "deep" it should be. (I'm sorry I'm not english, It's quite hard to explain some things...)

17. Morni

Morni Warlord

I think I'd like to go with the Svartalfar, unless we're too full on evils. If so, I could also go for Malakim if need more good, or perhaps Kuriotates, as I dread the idea of playing Malakim on Erebus (hello desert :rolleyes:)

I take it as meaning that you try to play "in character" your civ, in accordance to the games lore, for example, the Elohim aren't likely to adopt Ashen Veil and then declare war on everyone, while Sheam wouldn't adopt The Order to fight the Infernals.

18. phoulishwan

phoulishwan Warlord

I'd be interested in giving the Malakim a shot for this, would be a real challenge on the Erebus map...'course just a few floodplains makes it doable. I would have prefered Decius as I'm not a fan of the adaptive trait, but I see a few people already have claimed Decius so Varn it is. I'm EST timezone and have next week off, so my play times are pretty much whenever, except for when I'm sleeping ;p

19. westamastaflash

westamastaflash Lord Commander

If someone already has Decius as the Calabim leader, I'll take Sabathiel instead. Unless the Calabim wants to be Flauros...

20. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Chieftain

Alright we are almost set to go!

Keep in mind this is a campaign. This is not a game. This will take multiple play sessions to get through!

Though some of these guidlines may seem limiting, they are setting the stage. Remember this game is not about power builds, not about mixing good religions with evil civs to get some uber benefit from it. There are still plenty of wonders and heroes that any Civ will be able to build. This is to set a lore friendly stage. If you want a particular wonder that a civ gets you will have to find some means of accquiring the city it is built in...

Alright here are my suggestions for Who should found what religion and Wonders please leave feedback and what you think for any and all for this.

Ashen Veil - Sheaim
    Council of Esus - Unassigned (evil and sneaky)
    Empyrean - Elohim, Malakim
    Fellowship of Leaves - Ljosalfar
    Octopus Overlords - Lanun, Balseraphs or other insane, cult like civs
    Order - Bannor
    Runes of Kilmorph - Khazad or Luchuirp

These are just my suggestions for who should found the religion. So just because Sheaim found Ashen Veil doesnt mean that the Calabim can't take it up afterwords.

Alright here are the wonders, this is pretty much lore based and "what made sense" its not complete and its not very balanced at all because of that but I'm going to need some help for this one!

Amurites - Catacomb Libralus, The Great Library, Crown of Akharien
    Balseraphs - Theatre of Dreams, Sylivens Perfect Lyre, The Eyes and Ears Network
    Bannor - Hall of Kings, Code of Junil, Mecurian Gate
    Calabim - Pillar of Chains, Soul Forge
    Clan of Embers -
    Doviello - Bone Palace
    Elohim - Dies Diei, Aquae Sucellus, Shrine of Sirona
    Grigori -
    Hippus - Guild of the Nine, Ride of the Nine Kings
    Illians - Mokka's Cauldrom
    Infernal -
    Khazad - Mines of Gal-Dur, Tablets of Bambur, Guild of Hammers
    Kurioates -
    Lanun - Heron Throne, The Great Lighthouse
    Ljosalfar - Song of Autumn
    Luchuirp - Guild of Hammers, Tablets of Bambur, Mines of Gal-Dur
    Malakim -
    Mecurians -
    Sheaim - INfernal Grimoire, Prophecy of Ragnarok, Stigmata of the Unborn, Celestial Compass
    Sidar -
    Svartalfar -

so far unassaigned - City of a Thousand Slums, Form of the Titan, Nox Noctis, Pact of the Nilhorn, Temple of Temporance, The Necronomicon, The Nexus, Tower of Complacency, Tower of Eyes

Remember! These are not for power builds! Pretty much through out anyway youve played previous games out the window! Think of how real world "wonders" work. United states has things like the Statue of Liberty and the Sears Tower. France has the Leaning Tower, Rome has the Colossium, etc. Same here. These nations all should have wonders that are theirs.

The Bannor and Sheaim are the stars of this little game. Should someone choose to play them we need a very good player and a very good roleplayer. They are the Major powers.

Anyway, please feel free post and help sort this out so we can get this going!

I also updated the first post again.