1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a roleplaying campaign.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by StormbringerGT, Jan 14, 2009.

1. chuckgilla138

chuckgilla138 Chieftain

6 central sounds good to me. If anyone wants to laid down a few tips for the elohim Id be happy.

2. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

great library and crown of Akharien definately needs to be amurite only. celestial compas is sheim, aquae secullus needs elohim, eyes and ears can be anyone who has Esus religeon i think, 1000 slums ahould be first in best dressed, form of the titan should be hippus, or bannor? mokkas caulron is illian, nox is obviously Esus holy city (sidar most sensibly) Nilhorn should be any barbarian civ, Sirona = Elhoim, Sylviens lyre = belseraph, temple of temporance = Elhoim, bannor, mercurians, malakim. nexus = sheim or other evil player, infernals perhaps. compacency should be any OO civ. Eyes should be Perpentach Only.

also Belseraphs should be aloud to compete to found OO (insanity anyone?)

3. Neomega

Neomega Deity

great library is Sandolphans wonder of choice.

4. jacomanring

jacomanring Chieftain

I would keep Octopus O'lord unassigned...

I mean it's true, Lanun are watermen and OO is pretty stick to water too...but OO has a lot to do also with magic, death and so, things that are not necessarily lanun's prerogative...

In fact, I think OO should be limited to be found by a neutral or evil civ in general rather than assigning a specific civ...

5. mimic

mimic Magic Box

I will happily play Flauros for those who want to play Decius, so when is the date/time for the start of this game? The sooner we get it out there we the sooner we can find an agreeable time for everyone.

6. Methuselah

Methuselah King

I'd rather OO be only allowed to Lanun/Balseraph founding. Let CoE be the unassigned one.

7. Morni

Morni Warlord

The Empyrean is really a Malakim thing, even though it fits well with the Elohim ideals as well.

8. Dux_

Dux_ Warlord

Shouldn't Guild of Hammers be unassigned?

Also, are we playing simultaneous turns, pitboss, or how?

& the city of a thousand slums should also be unassigned. The empire with the biggest hammer production should be able to build it.

9. phoulishwan

phoulishwan Warlord

I'm not trying to rewrite the rules or anything but I personally think with so many folks playing, I think Religions should be open providing they do not change your alignment. So Good civs could go with FoL, RoK, Order or Empyrean. Neutral Civs anything but Veil. Evil civs FoL, OO, Veil or Esus. With the Caveat that if you found it, you must be actively trying to spread it to your neighbors at all times, so if you've got open borders it's your responsibility to send a disciple to your neighbors, providing their alignment allows for your religion...that and if you found 1 you can't found a second. The more important question is what happens when you get 2 religions in your empire? Go with the flow and spread it some more, allow it but no further active spreading or send your Priests in to Inquisition the offending cities? I would suggest sticking with my original idea if it's a religion that would change you're alignment then you must cleanse it otherwise it's ok to keep, possibly spread it further but I'm not sure on that one. I suppose I say this as playing the Malakim, the supposedly most religious fanatical oriented civ in the game, and I'm left with no option to found a religion, it leaves me somewhat disappointed :cry:

For Wonders there is already a favorite wonder for every leader, I compiled that list of what wonders the various Leaders favor:

Valledia/Dain > Crown of Akharien
    Keelyn > Syliven's Lyre
    Perpentach > Theatre of Dreams
    Sabathiel/Capria > Aquae Sucellus
    Alexis/Faeryl > Soul Forge
    Flauros > Pillar of Chains
    Jonas/Sheelba > Dragon's Horde
    Charadon/Mahala/Beeri/Decius > Form of the Titan
    Ethne > Shrine of Sirona
    Einion/Cardith/Arendel/Basium > Temple of Temporance
    Grigori > Hall of Kings
    Tasunke > Guild of Nine
    Rohanna > Ride of the Nine Kings
    Auric > Bone Palace
    Hyborem > Infernal Grimoire
    Arturus/Kandros/Garrim > Guild of Hammers
    Falamar/Hannah > Great Lighthouse
    Amelanchier/Varn > Tower of Eyes
    Thessa > Catacomb Libralus
    Tebryn/Os-Gabella > Prophecy of Ragnarok
    Sandalphon > The Great Library

If one civ gets multiple's via different leader preferences then those remain the domain of that civ, so Balseraph's would get Theatre of Dreams & Syliven's providing there's only one Balseraph player, so I guess my exmple is a bad one, seeing as we've got 2 potential Balseraph's players :) If multiple civs like it then it's a competition between those civs, so say you're Beeri you're competing against both Doviello's and Decius for Form of the Titan (this is an odd one though, Form should be excluded from Civ's defaulting into the competition via multiple leaders for this one). Whatever is left can be assigned or open to all, depending on the nature of the wonder.

These are just my thoughts on it though, I'll go with the flow. Although I do think keeping religions open based on alignments is the way to go, if you get beat to it it's not to big a deal with the free disciple, you lose out on the holy city but it creates conflict, aside from simple good vs evil.

10. phoulishwan

phoulishwan Warlord

I'd like to do Decius, but I'll stick with Varn, I never really gave adaptive a fair shake.

11. Methuselah

Methuselah King

I like your idea about assigning the wonders via leader preference.

The problem I see with the religions is this:

Someone could found a religion (let's say AV), and then refuse to spread it until they've built the heroes from it. Possible solution would be to not allow the religious heroes or something.

12. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

Wouldn't it be more interesting to just play and see what happens rather than all dance to a pre-written script?

13. Neomega

Neomega Deity

Its a little silly to be assigning wonders religions etc. Lets just play it out. If someone starts being ********, we can all declare war on them.

I think overall, we get the idea. This isn't to win, its to have fun. That means, being a vassal of someone else can still be fun. That means try and play true to form. Don't be a douche and try to hog all the wonders and religions. I will assume most people are OK at the game anyways, so hopefully the competition will be good enough to be sure that people get some things they want, but maybe not others.

My first game, I had no clue what was going on, so I didn't quite roleplay well... and other civs kept beating me to wonders I was trying to build. It is pretty much guaranteed most of us will be be-lining for the wonders/religion most suitable to our civs anyways, so if you try and steal it, you are greatly risking turning a bunch of hammers to useless gold. But there has to be some competition, and if some people are assured of something, they might put it off as long as possible as they try to snatch up the unclaimed wonders.

I will not reveal my hand (how Sidar would it be to reveal secrets?), but I know how I want to proceed in my techs and wonder building, and, of course, it will be in role.

14. Methuselah

Methuselah King

True, but permission to drop you if you start using the exploit? :p

15. Neomega

Neomega Deity

that's in 20 minutes....

also, everybody should be on patch... p?

16. Methuselah

Methuselah King

Yeah, unless Q is released by the time this is started.

17. Neomega

Neomega Deity

If we are serious, we should pm cell #'s and emails, or this will never work.

18. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

Would the Erebus chatroom be useful?

19. Neomega

Neomega Deity

I went there, but no-one from here was there.

20. Methuselah

Methuselah King

So, any plans on when we're going to get this started?