Looking for a roleplaying campaign.

Everyone should be on patch Q.
We'll start tommorow at GMT 6PM so you work out what your timezone is to that(if it's -6 you should join at 12) then join the Erebus chat room and we'll go from there.
Edit- Diamondeye your 1 hour ahead of me so you should join at 5PM.

I'm sorry if I threadjack a bit, but I think "roleplayers" could be interested in a never ending story as descibed here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=287079 and happening here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=287763
There's one or two slots for those who would like to roleplay a nation in a forum game.

I saw these and they look pretty cool.... also a little imposing for someone with no MP experience and little creative writing experience.... it's a goal though ;)

I hope we can get this started.... be a nice first step for me....

Who has Hamachi experience and can give a few pointers after I d/l it?

Anyone?

It's very easy to use just install it and join the channel Erebusgame.

It's full.

Need to make a new network or something, specifically for this game.

So it is hereby decided that The game will be played per Hamachi, channel FFHRP, with Patch .043Q?

And Everyone meets up at Erebus chat room Saturday 24th 6 pm GMT?

So it is hereby decided that The game will be played per Hamachi, channel FFHRP, with Patch .043Q?

And Everyone meets up at Erebus chat room Saturday 24th 6 pm GMT?

Yeah, that's the plan.

A new forum for FFH MP games would really kick ass, I bet this thread is confusing now since we've mostly scrapped all the info in the first post.

OK.... so how does Hamachi help run a game? It's more than just a chat server?

Sorry... but I don't want to hold everything up at gametime....

OK.... so how does Hamachi help run a game? It's more than just a chat server?

Sorry... but I don't want to hold everything up at gametime....

It basically creates a virtual network connection between every person on the network, allowing us to play a lan game for example.

So as long as we are all connected through Hamachi... we can play thru the "LAN" option in the FfH interface?

Guess that'll work then.... :crossing fingers:

So as long as we are all connected through Hamachi... we can play thru the "LAN" option in the FfH interface?

Guess that'll work then.... :crossing fingers:

Yeah, in theory.

Making sure everyone is running patch Q is more of a priority. :p

So how many do we think are still in?

I'm in.... just for the record

5 so far which is enough but more people is always better, hamachi will work fine but only if everybody is running unmodded FFH2 on patch Q.

the time does seem a little off for most people so how about we make it GMT 6PM?

Yes, I agree! I'm studying for an exam I have to do on the 2nd of Feb, so I prefer no to play in the afternoon (I live in GMT +1)...

The start time is usually an optimists guess anyway. A game of 6 people will probably have 15 minutes of tech support as people suddenly remember they've installed one of the mods that clashes with MP, or have forgotten todays patch (guilty of that).

If you're unfamiliar with hamachi please come to #erebus on IRC early so we can check you're working please.

OK.... I'm unmodded.... patched to "Q" on logged on to Hamachi....

Now what! :lol:

Top Bottom