Looks like Civ 6 is done: Kevin called April "final game update"

I think that online multiplayer with mods really saves the day,

I agree.
I enjoy playing Civ VI MP nowadays...at least when not playing Pangea + Standard Rules. :cringe:

I disagree with the HUMANKIND skeptics though.
The fact that the game has earned its own band of fanatics speaks volumes for it. Personally, I am so looking forward to its release in under 2 weeks. :D

Back OT: From Take Two's financial conference call Firaxis is expected to release a "new franchise". Specifically this means NOT A NEW CIV. (Cos that wouldn't be a new franchise) -> 2K will announce a “new franchise” this month, and it’s probably from the Civilization devs | PCGamesN

Civ VI is done. *mic drop*

Civ VI is done. *mic drop*
You say that like it's not months old news at this point. :lol: Personally I didn't expect another spinoff between Civ6 and Civ7, but it does fit the usual pattern and it makes sense they wouldn't revive Beyond Earth after it received such a lukewarm reception.

I disagree with the HUMANKIND skeptics though.
The fact that the game has earned its own band of fanatics speaks volumes for it. Personally, I am so looking forward to its release in under 2 weeks. :D
The HK fanatics, who TBH are really more "Civ6 hate fanatics" for the most part, have chilled me a little on the HK community, but I'm also very much looking forward to HK's release.

Where are all these fanatics? The HK board here is dead, the official G2G forum is dead, Twitter is just a bunch of soundtrack recording videos... Where's the hype all gone to? It's so weird.

What we know:

- "several new Firaxis titles" announced this year
- New franchise announced August
- Marvel-Xcom game in developement

So if several is 2-3 new games, and new franchise is probably MarvelXcom, I predict that game announced this month.

In Autumn I bet a CIV VII announcement. Would fit well with the Civilization 30yrs anniversary.

A teaser with just the words:
VII. 2022.

Would be very cool.

What we know:

- "several new Firaxis titles" announced this year
- New franchise announced August
- Marvel-Xcom game in developement

So if several is 2-3 new games, and new franchise is probably MarvelXcom, I predict that game announced this month.

In Autumn I bet a CIV VII announcement. Would fit well with the Civilization 30yrs anniversary.

A teaser with just the words:
VII. 2022.

Would be very cool.

The Marvel-Xcom game sounds really exciting to me. Will we get to play as one of the Avengers? How cool would that be to have a turn based xcom game where you get to play as Iron Man, Thor, Captain America etc...!

But I am also hoping for a civ7 announcement. That would be great. I always love when a new civ game is announced because of the months of excitement discussing screenshots, learning about the new game concepts etc...

If that does happen, I hope they bring back the X-men (cyclops, wolverine, psylocke, etc.) Spider man also a good marvel character. IMHO

There’s no way Civ VII will be announced this fall, full stop.
I wouldn't be so sure. It's clear they've been working on whatever comes next for a year or two now, and it's very fashionable to announce games five years before they're ready these days, usually by dropping a thirty second teaser trailer of vague imagery, saying "coming soon," and then going radio silent for four years. :mischief:

I think Firaxis will announce its Plans (Civ VII/ CivVI SpinOff, another DLC/Pack) when they release the Final BugFix Patch for Civ VI. Perhaps September/October.

I wouldnt expect Civ7 announcement until earlies next year E3 ... and also I am really scared we could see flying dragoons or zombies or some sci-fi ******* ...
Just normal next Civ game wont come until at least end of 2022, if you ask me.

Moderator Action: Edited to help post conform to site rules concerning appropriate language. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is the word 'buyers' in quotation marks? I bought the NFP but I'm not actually a buyer? Did you imply that people who pirated the NFP have financed the development of Civ 7? I'm utterly confused : D

Because I am not sure if anyone who purchased the pass is actually a buyer, as the content of the pass and its quality is debatable. But it does not matter anyways. It's done, for better or worse.

(I was lucky enough that someone gifted me the pass as a token of appreciation for modding... I would have never "bought" the damn thing).

Because I am not sure if anyone who purchased the pass is actually a buyer, as the content of the pass and its quality is debatable. But it does not matter anyways. It's done, for better or worse.

(I was lucky enough that someone gifted me the pass as a token of appreciation for modding... I would have never "bought" the damn thing).

I understand what you mean, but I guess we have fundamentally different ways of using quotation marks and understanding words : P To me a buyer is someone who used money or a service and got something in return, regardless of how they then claim the worth is. Otherwise I could never return a product I deem unworthy, because I haven't technically bought it :' D

I am still not dissatisfied with the NFP, but I definitely played the game less during and after, just because I sank so many hours in and the bugs and unbalance are still too present for my liking. Happy someone gifted it to you, and probably well-deserved since modding saved this game (from launch day on) for me.

Still can't believe they might never update this game anymore and are content with the state it's currently in.

I understand what you mean, but I guess we have fundamentally different ways of using quotation marks and understanding words : P To me a buyer is someone who used money or a service and got something in return, regardless of how they then claim the worth is. Otherwise I could never return a product I deem unworthy, because I haven't technically bought it :' D

I am still not dissatisfied with the NFP, but I definitely played the game less during and after, just because I sank so many hours in and the bugs and unbalance are still too present for my liking. Happy someone gifted it to you, and probably well-deserved since modding saved this game (from launch day on) for me.

Still can't believe they might never update this game anymore and are content with the state it's currently in.

Play a game or two with R&F and GS turned off. I was shocked at how much more I enjoyed the game, and now my initial favorable impression of this game makes sense to me.

The base game with some mods to fix some of the dumber issues and the laughable UI had excellent potential.

Base Game plus the mod that lets you stack one of each class of units and gives them +1 movement, a mod to improve the AI, a mod to improve the UI, and the equivelant of a Bethesda “unofficial patch” to fix the bugs would be the equivelant of Vox Populi or whatever

Too bad I’m on console

Top Bottom