Lost Interface After Patch

DeathFlame

Chieftain
Since I installed the 1.52 patch today, I no longer have an interface!

Nothing at the bottom, right, left or top. Game works, just I can't see anything but map and units.

Double clicking on the city zooms in, but brings nothing up.

I can go into the advisors, but that's it. No interface.

What do I do? (Tried ctrl i and alt I, nothing there either)

If you patched over the top of an existing installation, try deinstalling Civ IV and reinstalling, along with V1.52. Clashes have occured with previous installations when patched over the top of an existing one.

While you are at it, delete Windows / Temp Files & delete Browser temp files (long shot but existing cache files might be getting in the way)

EDIT: When deinstalling, manually check that the folders My Documents/Mygames/civ Iv and the main Civ IV folder in Program Files have been deleted

Regards
Zy

I too lost my interface after the patch. Even when reinstalling the game and than applying the patch.

During installation though I got this match which I "ignored":

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier’s Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe doesn’t match the file in the setup’s .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

Anyone else had this error and knew how to solve it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

DMW said:
I too lost my interface after the patch. Even when reinstalling the game and than applying the patch.

During installation though I got this match which I "ignored":

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier’s Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe doesn’t match the file in the setup’s .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

Anyone else had this error and knew how to solve it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I did get the same message. I tapped retry (the bar progressed) and repeated several times. but I think I hit ignore at the end. and it finished installing the patch. Unfortnately I'm still in the same boat... no interface.

Where did you all download the patch from. Maybe that one is corrupt. Has anyone installed the new patch and has it working properly. if so where did you down load it from. Also those of you with problems, did you have any mods, or UNOFFICIAL patches running with CIv IV? Actually where you running any back ground internet security software when you were down loading....let us know please!!

georgedv said:
Where did you all download the patch from. Maybe that one is corrupt. Has anyone installed the new patch and has it working properly. if so where did you down load it from. Also those of you with problems, did you have any mods, or UNOFFICIAL patches running with CIv IV? Actually where you running any back ground internet security software when you were down loading....let us know please!!

I downloaded it from the mirror download site listed here:

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/patch/

There are several mirrors there. I dl'd from the Civfanatics mirror.

I have checked with tech support. They suggested doing a reinstall and using the in game update option.

This is my progress: I have uninstalled Civ 4 in windows. And I have reinstalled. I'm currently dl'ing via the in game. I'll update when I'm finished.

EDIT: I had NO mods of any kind or dl'd scenerios. The 1.09 patch WAS NOT downloaded via the in game update. I do not remember where I downloaded the 1.09 patch, but it was either from a link listed on Civfanatics (NOT in a forum) or from Firaxis.

Try installing the patch from the Take2 Germany site that is listed on the front page of Civfanatics. That worked for me. I no longer got the CRC error, and now I have an interface.

Was everything just fine before you installed the patch?

No probs running CIV IV at all?

Everything was perfect before installing the patch.

Here's my progress.
I dl'd the 152 patch in the game as suggested by customer support. None of the aforementioned update changes took place when I got ready to begin a new game. I exited the game and restarted. Again, none of the new options were contained. The patch dl'ed in game specifically stated it was 152.

I went to the official site to download it to my desktop. Its downloading now.

The official site is http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/downloads.htm

My progress.. downloaded from the german link as suggested. So far, (patch underway) I did not recieve the message i did the first time I tried to patch, with the unmatching file or whatever...

How did you obtain CIV IV?

Bought it at the store or downloaded it over the internet?

I bought it at the store.

I downloaded the update from the take 2 site (via the internet, not the game) And everything is fine. I have interface.

The civfanatics patch is corrupt.

Sorry about that. It could be a problem with our file server, or the FTP program I use to upload is problematic.

Anyway, I will remove the CFC download link for the patch for now. We plan to replace the current file server with a new server by the end of the year.

Top Bottom