LOTR-styled Scenario for FFH

Deon

Lt. of Mordor
Hey there! I just wanted to tell you that I've made a standard map for LOTR (since Huge is too long to play and some PC cannot handle it; also I like small place for more battles).

Here's the thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8714560#post8714560

I plan to release modular civilizations and use them in this scenario. However I need a few people who are good at Middle Earth history to correct anachronisms and suggest interesting things for currently empty places.

Hm. That might be difficult, considering how much you would have to change to make it really work. There are a lot of incompatibilities between LotR and FFH (say, much of the magic system - magic in Tolkien's world has very restricted use).

Though, if you need any help, feel free to ask or poke around our discussions.

Well, for now it's just a scenario with FFH civs. But I will gradually change it.

Anyway, ver. 107 is up. I've started to make civs. Lots of work ahead :).
Latest changes:
- Moria and Isengard are barbarian.
- Clan (Orcs) settled in Carn Dum, on the north, in Angmar. Terrain is now suitable for a city there.
- Free People get Annuminas and Fornost.
- There's a Shelob lair.
- There's a "held" balrog in Moria. It's now possible to bypass Mines of Moria.
- Isengard now is a city, it has a black tower. Isengard is moved to the west, now it's possible to bypass it.
- Rohan has lost "Helm's deep" fortress, now Helm's Deep is a terrain landmark, and Rohan gained a Hornburg city in that valley.
- Rohan, Easterlings and Hobbits are now separate civs (modular), no unique art yet. Civs are not changed too much yet.
- New Unique Buildings for hobbits, new palace for hobbits, new resource for hobbits (pipe-weed).
- Other minor tweaks to the map.
- No worldspells.
Spoiler :

Your work would be a very usefull. Till yet it looks very promising. Please go on!
And maybe it will be compatible to my modest map.

I am a BIG lotr nerd and will definitely be dling this and trying to help with feedback. I've been checking this forum from time to time hoping to find work on the ARDA mod and I'm excited to see even this much! The tools are all there, and I'd love to help in whatever way I can. Thanks for getting something going, hopefully we can build up some steam on this. I'll have a good amount of spare time over the holidays as well.

I want to say two things: good and bad.

1) Bad one (two): I will slow down the scenario development for a day or two because I had a grudge with my wife which is really nasty. Also I have a few disciplines to pass in university in the beginning of this week.
2) Good news: I've got my hands on the lost Chuggi's Rohan unit pack which is almost complete for all FFH units.

Also I saw Isengard orks in Downloads, I am not sure are they working (dl) or not, but I wil ltry it soon.

Too bad Dragonia DL link disappeared, it had a lot of good models.

The isengard uruk-Pikeman is working fine. I find them in the Dragonia-Mod. It could be the base for other arms.

The map is kinda skewed, some features are much larger, like the sea of Rhun, and others much smaller, like Mirkwood. Also, I'm unsure why you would allow a pass through the mountains at rivendell, esp if there is going to be anything like the ring quest? Or are you not thinking of putting in a quest of that kind. I could scan images from my atlas of middle earth if you are interested in working the map over at all, but maybe you made those changes for gameplay reasons of which I am not aware.

1) Sea of Rhun may be made smaller, but I wanted 2 Easterling towns on opposite shores and give them some space.

2) Pass near Rivendell was inspired by the route the Hobbit and dwarves took, through the High Pass (from Rivendell dale to old fort). It's there mainly for strategic reasons: as I told before, I want this mod to be enjoyable in terms of gameplay. And Misty mountains need some passes for units to cross. And this pass is still protected by Rivendell, so that's ok.

Top Bottom