LotR10: Scouting Sid

Wow, 7 tech steals from speaker and like 5 from Arathorn – and you must have planted some spys too (we had none on my turns). That has to be some kind of record.

OK, I am man enough to admit when I was wrong. The bomber strat worked out to perfection and was flawlessly carried out by Aragorn and Speaker. Great plan guys :worship: - but of course it was more than just the bombers it was a great military campaign.

Once again the inability of the AI to handle the modern era is exposed, especially with regard to the military, which is why hanging tough is such an asset in Civ.

It was a fun game from the start; I always enjoy being way behind. Reminds me of when I first started playing and the tech pace was so horrendous.

Finally, thanks to Arathorn for setting it up and to the whole team for... well, for being a great team. :love: :D

Amazing indeed, a legendary saga! This one ranks right up there with, if not beyond, RBE2 and the Defiant Nationalists. Congratulations to you all; I'm wishing I'd been a part, though I did get to toss in a helpful suggestion, on the timing of capturing Uskudar. :D

'Tis true that the gpt bug ultimately led to the victory, with the AIs providing gold by city captures and tech sales to fuel the tech steal engine. Any victory on Sid is a good one, though. :goodjob:

And yes, I think you guys proved that lethal air bombardment might be too powerful. I like the solution someone proposed in the post-release forum: regular bombers shouldn't have it, but stealth bombers and jet fighters should. That would give the AI time to build at least some flak for defense.

This is a phenominal accomplishment! A game that ranks up with the best of all time! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Great game!! Goes to show the greatest advantages over the AI, creativity and optimism. Where there's a will, there's a way!
:goodjob:

Nice job! I really enjoyed reading that! :goodjob:

Wow. Winning although being a lots of techs behind...
Congratulations, Guys.

It was nice to read, you should publish it as a book...

I have some n00b questions:

What exactly is this "sid" thing? A hidden difficulty setting?

Why do your borders look different?

Why does your game look more... err... colourful than mine... and the irrigation is different.

Originally posted by Arathorn
What fun!!!! I'm still just giddy about this.
I had a long car ride back to school to think about this one, and I can only echo Arathorn's sentiments. This is a game to savor for a long time. I went back and re-read the entire thread and wow, it looked really bleak back there. :goodjob: to the entire team. This is truly one for the ages.

Thanks to all the lurkers for their support and their congratulations.

Originally posted by Veky
What exactly is this "sid" thing? A hidden difficulty setting?
Sid is a new level of difficulty added to the Civilization 3: Conquests (C3C) expansion pack.

Why do your borders look different?
Look here.

Why does your game look more... err... colourful than mine?
Well, let's just say that extreme circumstances call for extreme measures. :)

:lol:
Awsome, just awsome. How many players (and I should probably include myself here) wouldn't give up before year 0?

Truely inspired. It was one long read, but I enjoyed all of it. Here's a :goodjob: for your efforts :)

Originally posted by Gothmog
OK, I am man enough to admit when I was wrong. The bomber strat worked out to perfection and was flawlessly carried out by Aragorn and Speaker. Great plan guys :worship:
You weren't wrong, you were just less informed. Pre-C3C I never used Bombers heavily in my attack plans, but when the game came out, I played a Regent game to test out all the new features and found the new Bombers to be one of the most powerful weapons. With this being your introduction to them, I suspect I can guess what you will recommend for future Modern attack plans. :)

Thanks for replying and good work.

Now I know why it's called Civilization Fanatics forum. :D

[dance]Congra-ma-freaking-lations![dance]
Great job guys. I enjoyed reading this SG:goodjob:

wow and i mean WOW. I need to show my friends this man. Now we have a goal and some heros to look up to. :D

Thanks guys, I just wasted 4 hours at work reading all that!:lol:

I think the part that had me laughing the most was towards the beginning when the final Civ declared war (the dogpile) and the current player posted the smiley with the help sign...LOL

Great job! Now all I want is for 5:00pm to get here (one more hour!) so I can go home and try to polish up my skills on Emperor (I'm fairly new)!

Awesome Game! :D You guys showed sid who's boss ;) . And so many successful steals, did someone say 'Gweeto'? :lol:

Edit: I'm getting my spy's mixed up :crazyeye: I really meant Mr. Pindleton...I think.

Top Bottom