Lots of customization questions.

star15389

Prince
I've been playing this mod for a long time, sadly only on Vanilla, and I've been trying to edit a few things, specifically:

I've been trying to change the starting units for Rome, Arabia, and Mongolia. I've found the part of the Python where it looks like this would be done, a file called RiseandFall.py. The lines typically look like this:

utils.makeUnit(con.iPraetorian, iCiv, tPlot, 4)

It's obvious enough that the four at the end tells the computer how many units to give the Romans, but whenever I change that number it makes the game start out saying I've been defeated. Changing it back and loading again doesn't fix it; I have to delete the whole mod and re-download! :mad: Is there another file hidden away in the DDS that makes this unchangeable somehow?

I have no idea how to do this, but how would I make it so Arabia starts off with some Great Merchants and/or the Masjid al-Haram already built in Makkah (or with a Great Prophet to build it)? I figure if we give the AI some more gpt it might actually consider conquering something without worrying about killing its economy.

How do the dynamic resources work? I've figured out that the file is Resources.py, but I can't make it make new ones. I'd like to add silks that would appear around 1200 in northern Italy and 1500 around Lyon to represent the creation of silk industries in those places (and help France's happiness, hopefully enough to convince Napoleon to actually get rid of Hereditary Rule before 1900 and get enough research from Representation to not still be decades away from Industrialism when the German tanks start pouring across the border), a rice that would appear in South Carolina around 1650 to represent their rice plantations, a dye in Georgia to represent indigo cultivation towards the end of the 18th century, and a silk around New Orleans in 1800 to replace the cotton that isn't in Vanilla.

Strange, I've modified some values in that RiseAndPall.py file, and it all works fine for me. Then again, I use BTS.

What are you using to edit the files. I have heard that Notepad gives a lot of problems. I use TextPad (google it) and never had any problems. If you make an error changing the code the game would give error message in PythonErr2.log (in my games/bts/logs) and don't execute the function. As result of this, no units get created and if you have no units you loose.

dds are just graphics files, they would have no effect on the gameplay (just graphics).

There are things that are unmodable unless you change the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file in assets, you need C++ for that. Starting units, however, can be changed in python.

I used to get that problem. For me, the issue was trying to load a game while I had a file open in notepad or excel. Be sure you close out your editing programs.

I've never had any issues with using Notepad, aside from that.

To give Arabia stating GP you just have to add the lines in the riseandfall.py file. I think you can find the unit names in cont.py or somethign like that.

Same idea with the resources AFAIK, thought I don't recall that I've ever added anything. Just changed some locations.

I can only imagine your issues are either improper format, wrong names, or maybe you're editing program. Format is easy enough to follow, and the names are all in one of the files, so double check that stuff, and like I said, be sure yo close out your editing program. Good luck.

Top Bottom