Loyalty to specific civs.

I think the only civs I've repeated are Korea and Ethiopia. Ethiopia because I wanted to try a one city with them, which was a blast. Had to defend against multiple invasions, since, as I recall, my neighbors were the Huns and Songhai. One by the skin of my teeth with a pre-BNW culture victory. Literally had a line of forts and citadels, manned with artillery and Mehal sefari by the end and was constantly at war, but somehow pulled through.

The first time I did Korea I didn't fully grasp their UA, so I wanted to give it another shot doing it "right".

My regulars: England, Ottomans, China, Iroquois, Maya. I just like them, not necessarily aiming for easy victories. Though admittedly Maya does feel like playing a difficulty level down.

519 hours in and every single one of my games I've played as England.

Initially it was just a patriotic/home comfort thing but I'm now so attached it's hard to let go. I also love England's UA and Longbowmen and the fact that they aren't geared towards a specific VC.

For BNW, i LOVE Brazil. Before, it was Aztecs. Why? Cultural victory is always my favorite, i like having a tall, well defended empire and watch huge armies try to take me over as I laugh and collect culture or golden ages. I especially love Brazil because of the great synergy- Carnival is CRAZY for culture victory. Its fun to go tall and cultural but get to do some fighting too.

Honorable mention: Maya. Early religion and science, plus free GP is pretty great

519 hours in and every single one of my games I've played as England.

Initially it was just a patriotic/home comfort thing but I'm now so attached it's hard to let go. I also love England's UA and Longbowmen and the fact that they aren't geared towards a specific VC.

Wow! You, my friend are worse than me! I thought I had a bad Theo fix.

Still, I totally understand.

Ethiopia is probably my most used in total, but they've fallen out of favour. These days, my favourite is once again India, with Byzantium second, Brazil third, Venice fourth and Persia fifth.

My favourite are the Huns. I build a powerful capital and conquer a few neighbours early on, and after that it's smooth sailing.

I haven't played all civs either but that's more about the fact that I dislike a lot of them for one reason or another rather than being attached to the rest

I finally bought the Korea DLC yesterday, and wow. I strongly suspect it's going to be my favourite civ until Civ VI comes.

I have my favorites, and I certainly ignore certain civs out of disinterest historically and gameplay-wise. Generally, I stick to China, Arabia, and the Inca, which suits an empire builder like myself.

Now that BNW has changed certain gameplay features, I expect to play England and France more, and I really appreciate the new play styles of Morocco and the Shoshone.

I would LOVE to play Denmark and Japan more if the developers revamped them into more well-rounded civs. Both are economically strong in reality (without the help of warmongering, I might add), and perhaps a trade route-based UA for both is in order (Denmark made mad money controlling trade access to the Baltic, and Japan is a trade machine). India with a religion buff would be great too.

I've played most of pre-BNW civs, except Austria. Can't get through a game with her. Boring. Will try all the civs in BNW at least once. But mostly played Babylon, and then Korea. I have a thing for spaceships, I prefer to win through science. But I'm quickly becoming a fan of the Shoshone. The UU ability to pick ruins bonus wears out quickly with a few pathfinders, But the quick land grab is awesome. Pathfinders are the second coolest UU in the game I think. A warrior strength scout that upgrades to a CB. I may try an early domination game with that.

Carthage was totally my go-to civ in G+K, and might retake that title soon enough. I love water-based maps and Carthage is just a well-rounded beast in that arena. But while getting used to BNW I keep going back to Portugal on the sea maps and Assyria on the now-increasingly-fun land maps.

England is my favorite civ. Its a good allround civ with possibly the best and most useful UU (longbowmen) in the entire game. The ship of the line and the music is good as well. Simply a civ very hard to let go of. Before England i liked Babylon a lot because of its UU and the scientists.

I would wish that Germany or Japan, innovation and hitech powerhouses not to mention their wealth through trade and industry, had their IRL capabilities and achievments better reflected in the game. Same thing with Russia. Then perhaps it would be one of them. But alas...

In civ 4 my favorite civ was the Dutch btw.

I've been hooked on Siam, Russia, China, Persia and Ethiopia off the top of my head. In BNW I already played Morocco and Poland several times each. I like to try out everyone though, and I've completed games with most civs in the game.

I typically pick random leader unless I want to try out one of the newer ones or civs that I haven't played yet. The random number generator seems to like picking some of the same civs over and over again, so I occasionally play as the same civ multiple times because of that.

In particular, the RNG likes to have me play as Greece, India, China, Byzantium, and Maya. I can't recall many civs that I've personally chosen more than once to play as or that I'm really attached to. I'll have to choose them myself at some point because random select is becoming more predictable.

I used to play a lot as the Inca or the Dutch, but since BNW I've been playing a lot as France.

Top Bottom