1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Luxuries

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Portent, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Portent

Portent Chieftain

I'm playing on continents, and the last two games i've played I haven't had the full 15 different luxury resources on the map. Just finished a game that had no pearls, and if I remember correctly the other map had no spice.

Please excuse me for not searching thoroughly through the forums, but is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for your replies.

2. ewade244

ewade244 Chieftain

I don't know enough about the code of the game to tell you what's going on, but if you're running a large map and aren't seeing all the resources, that's an odd problem I haven't heard much about outside of certain mods.

Perhaps you should post a save to the bugs forum...

3. Smote

Smote Emperor

Yeah, what is your map size?

I frequently only see about 6 luxuries on duel maps for instance.

4. elthrasher

elthrasher Revcaster

I've seen standard maps that only have 13 or 14 luxuries. I played a standard Pangaea last week that had only two aluminum deposits (that I could find anyway).

5. serikas

serikas Chieftain

I tried random map generation in worldbuilder, and not all luxuries showed up. Fractal, large.