luxury resources through trade routes (probably undoable)

Seileach

Chieftain
i never liked how luxury resources were traded through diplomacy, it feels off to me.

on the other hand, i really like how Civ6 trade routes work, and how, at certain points of the game, you have to settle for less lucrative routes because you really need some other resource (namely, commiting trade routes from island cities to other cities you own so you can boost their production).

the way i see it, trade routes would be a much more sensible way to handle luxury resources: you make a trade route to a city with a certain luxury resource, your city gets that luxury resource. simple.

i would introduce some nuances, of course. luxuries from your own empire, and from allied city-states, would disperse as they already do in vanilla, without need of internal trade routes and with the same limit of 4 cities affected. luxuries from other civs would affect only 3 cities: one of them would have to be the trading city, the other two would be divided as vanilla already does, but there would be no limit to the number of times you could import the same luxury resource (except, of course, that if all your cities already have access to that luxury, further copies will have no impact).

i am aware, of course, that this is probably not doable :D just a thought

Top Bottom