Mac - Win multiplayer

lindsay40k

Emperor
Windows users need to delete their .dll files to connect to Mac users. Could we please have instructions on this added to one of the stickies?

Also: we have both deleted our .dll files and installed 3.19, we can't see each other in LAN lobby (works with regular BTS and simple mods) nor direct connect to IP when running HR.

Last edited:
Windows users need to delete their .dll files to connect to Mac users. Could we please have instructions on this added to one of the stickies?

I'll put a dedicated compatibility section up at some point. I'm still working out some of the nuances.

Also: we have both deleted our .dll files and installed 3.19, we can't see each other in LAN lobby (works with regular BTS and simple mods) nor direct connect to IP when running HR.

I've never been able to get LAN lobbies to work in Mac CIv4, with or without HR. I don't know why. Direct IP connections should work though. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Hmm, with both our machines - MBPR & Win PC - on the same wifi router, we can get LAN to work on BTS and fairly basic mods. Direct IP worked for us on an older HR version but we've not had it work in a few years.

Top Bottom