1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[VidLP] MadDjinn's Deity LP - Kongo Mvemba

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by MadDjinn, Oct 27, 2016.

1. The Carp

The Carp Chieftain

To bad you have to hold on to that series until they fix that bug.
    Was really fun to watch.

Btw, @MadDjinn what's the conclusion on the whole "locking down district cost" ?
    I might have missed it if you already confirmed it in the videos but is the cost locked to what it was when you put a district down ?

2. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

it does seem to lock the district costs, though I haven't specifically kept track of that -- mostly because when you go back to produce the district, if you put no production into it, you don't see a production number. I am wondering if it would need 1 turn of production into the district to count.

edit:

and I may or may not leave this on hold. Despite it being a massive math bug, it doesn't mean they are likely to fix it any time soon.

3. The Carp

The Carp Chieftain

I see... I'll do some testing on my own and report back.
    If that's the case it doesn't seem very balanced or logical.
    Kinda force you to place district as soon as you settle.
    Although you might argue that it means you have to clear some forest/jungle and waste the harvest resources.

Yeah, I'm really hoping Firaxis will be doing a better job this time around with the post launch patches.

4. ddd123

ddd123 Chieftain

Its a bug, no doctor ever prescribed you to use it...
    You are not forced at all to abuse this bug, considering that in half the forum you all criticize the AI so weak, so bad, so unbalanced, but then you abuse every bug you find out...

5. The Carp

The Carp Chieftain

Woah!
    Calm down there buddy

6. Edam82

Edam82 Chieftain

Great to have you back doing LPs MadDjinn!

Seems like the math is correct in upper left corner of your main interface, ie not in the great works screen. Definitely giving you multiplicative bonuses on that screen.
    Could be wrong, but I thought your per turn faith increased normally during game play. I had this bug too on a recent cultural victory game with Kongo and without ever spending my faith points I had 7800 or so at game end in about 1850-1900 with a culture victory... I was not lucky enough to get Kandy near my start location!

7. manu-fan

manu-fan Chieftain

Ummmm still only 10 episodes? I think I watched the last one over a week ago.

8. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Only ten until the patch to fix the Kongo reliquaries bug is fixed

9. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

Yeah, seems like it's worth waiting to see if a patch will fix the reliquaries math problem or not.

10. The Carp

The Carp Chieftain

Nothing in the patch note about the Kongo bug.
    I guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer

11. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

Yup, they did not fix the reliquaries bug, so it's now a choice of "broken gameplay" to finish the lp or just abandon as a future patch that may fix the bug could end up breaking the save.

12. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Just like a Morton's fork. Both are unfavourable choices that lead to the same conclusion (the LP isn't fun and I will have to abandon it).

It would just be best to abandon the LP and cultural victories are among the easiest victory types anyways (and are often unintentionally achieved).