MAF/CTD now each turn

I am sorry that i can't be of more help Sparth, when starting the mod i went to civilopedia/civilizations (without loading the save, straight from main menu) and there are 3 civs listed on top, clicking on each would result in an error and an exit to desktop. Also i always play with viewports on, i never disabled it. I dont think the problem is in content, its in the archaic architecture of civ4. :/

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 55
Those three missing civs indicate something wrong in the XML.

Interesting... I noticed that the American civ (unless it was just renamed) is missing from that list - if it is somehow one of the civs blanked out that would completely explain the problem we're having with missing art "". It would make this NOT a code problem but more of an art reference problem which is what reading the code in process is trying to say - the only thing was I couldn't figure out anything wrong in the xml of the American civ nor of the art.

but the gigantic I used here proved too much, and the civs multiply faster than they get eradicated with the options I'm using. The issue is compounded by the fact that in my previous game, where I didn't have barb civ on, the gigantic map was handled fine. So I thought it could work...

There are a number of posts in this forum about map sizes from the modders. They suggest the max number of civs to use for each map size. They also indicate whether you should use Barb civs or not and if you should use the Rev mod. I can not remember in which threads they were - but a forum search should find them.

I have a folder on another partition dedicated to the svn version of c2c and no, i did not touch nor rename any civ nor xml file, here are the rest of civs screenshotedin in civilopedia.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 52
There are a number of posts in this forum about map sizes from the modders. They suggest the max number of civs to use for each map size. They also indicate whether you should use Barb civs or not and if you should use the Rev mod. I can not remember in which threads they were - but a forum search should find them.

Yes, but since the game requirement vary so wildly, the "safe" recommendations are often very restricting (standard map, 7 civs ?), and I have a very high end computer so it's not always clear what settings should apply to what. Anyway, I'm not even sure why maps larger than gigantic are available since these looks like the upper limit, even without barbarian civs. The problem is that it's always very tentative, and you will in the end find out if your game can be completed or not only by actually playing it.

in the end, this is quite a personal feeling but I would have liked very much to finish my present game, even if I already have a clear advantage, and some very frustrating bugs already pollute it significantly (properties overflowing everywhere again).
I don't feel like going through the starting slog of city number limit and impossible conquest again, and given the number of MAF/CTD complains on the forum, I suspect no one actually know for sure what a given computer can handle in this version - probably significantly less than in the previous one.

A suggestion on MAFs due to many civs:

maybe make an option using same graphics for all civs (european or whatever)?
I have recently played Archeage mmo for a few weeks and they had option characters using same armor for massive pvp (your raid/faction blue, enemy red). That worked when 50x50 pvp was going on.

A suggestion on MAFs due to many civs:

Try using this program:

- CleanMem: You can program every few minutes to clear the ram memory used by unnecessary processes, and clean and recover accumulated remnants of ram.

Just google 'CleanMem' - I started using it 2 months ago and have had only 1 MAF since.

Try using this program:

- CleanMem: You can program every few minutes to clear the ram memory used by unnecessary processes, and clean and recover accumulated remnants of ram.

Just google 'CleanMem' - I started using it 2 months ago and have had only 1 MAF since.

Thanks, i will try that when at home. But i have 8 gigs RAM and only 50% of it have been used by civ and civ doesnt even use anything close to 3 gigs ... constant MAFs begin at late medieval/early reneissance when most of map opens, enable viewports helps.

problem not in USED memory but in virtual.

standart map with 16 civs use 2.4 - 3 gb in virtual space and if it cant allocate more - will be MAF
your OS 32 or 64 bit?
if 32 you made 3gb switch?

Thanks, i will try that when at home. But i have 8 gigs RAM and only 50% of it have been used by civ and civ doesnt even use anything close to 3 gigs ... constant MAFs begin at late medieval/early Renaissance when most of map opens, enable viewports helps.

If you get a CTD, there should be a minidump.

Top Bottom