[MOD] MagisterModmod

These inclusions sounds amazing, especially the touch on minor characters like Tamesis and Velgyr.

But i also agree on the impossibility or illogical implementations of students like Jenkin or Laroth. If there is any info on how Badb is trapped within his blizzard, maybe an Ice Affinity Channeling IV caster could becalm it and extract him, but i know only the very basics of Kezef (linked to the death of the Grigi plains animals) and nothing of Mikel.

What do you think about these reskins as the art work for the resurrected Imprimatur Council members?

On the top left is Barbatos in front of the Broken Sepulchur. Those are unchanged.

Next to him is Wode (a recolored Sidar Archmage) in front of Wode's Oak.

Next to him is Carnivaen (recolored Lanun Ranger) in front of the arch that I am still currently using as Carnivaen's Cavern, but I think I'll change that.

Next is Velgyr (Initial I was playing around with Luchuirp Mage and Archmage reskins, but then I found a compatible nif in Orbis or MoM that kept the goggles but added a fedora that I helps him stand apart with an appropriately autistic and socially inept sense of style) in front of his Clockwork City (The Public Transit art, complete with animations of the moving trains are moving around the track)

Next is Gastrius (a recoloring of the Wizard Illusion art) in front of the Cave of the Ancestors

The top right is Asmoday (a Profane plus the mask I used for Sarabride) in front of the Grave of Asmoday.

On the bottom left is Trenton Majosi in front of the Aifon Isle.

Next to him is Herve (a reskinned Svartalfar Druid) in front of Herve's Mausoleum.

Next to him is Tamesis (reskinned Malakim Immortal) in front of the Spire of the Sun.

Next to him ins Majen (reskinned Ljosalfar Adept) in front of Majen's Workshop.

On the bottom right is Soqed Hozi (reskinned Elohim adept) in front of the Temple of Atonement.

Attachments

• imprimatur0000.JPG
    imprimatur0000.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Wow, these are pretty impressive. They look very distinct from one another and fitting, although i must confess i am not terribly fond of the sidar archmage/Wode. I would maybe suggest a simple grey coloring if possible.

I've had an issue with the All Unique Features option, as it doesn't seem to spawn all features (i've specifically not seen Ring of Carcer and Grave of Asmoday, but i may be missing more). If this is an issue you've heard of, could this similarly affect these new features?

Wow, these are pretty impressive. They look very distinct from one another and fitting, although i must confess i am not terribly fond of the sidar archmage/Wode. I would maybe suggest a simple grey coloring if possible.

I've had an issue with the All Unique Features option, as it doesn't seem to spawn all features (i've specifically not seen Ring of Carcer and Grave of Asmoday, but i may be missing more). If this is an issue you've heard of, could this similarly affect these new features?

I did not like that Wode much either. (It looked better in Nifscope than in the that screen shot but was still not terribly impressive)
However, I was more disappointed in Trenton and especially Asmoday.

I made some replacements for those three this morning.

The new version of Wode is just an Eater of Dreams that was completely desaturated to get rid of all traces of color. (The red stripe in the image is the player's identifying color and will depend on the unit's owner.) I got to thinking that since Kael described him as "king of insects," and since Wode's Oak spawns Baby Spiders, that having extra limbs made of shadows would work well.

Trenton is a reskin of the Bannor Warrior which was colorized to a bluish teal tone, partially desaturated, had his clothes inverted and linear inverted, his hair further desaturated and brightened, and the whites of his eyes touched up so they wouldn't match his skin tone after being colorized. I also copied an image of shark gills onto his neck, but scaling them down and colorizing them to not clash with the skin tone obscured the details so much that it was probably not worth the effort.

Asmoday is my favorite of today's new models. He is a reskin of the Sheaim Mage with the colors rotated, darkened, and desaturated slightly plus a demon mask (the same image as Mask of the Coven of the Black Candle used for Sarabride) superimposed over his face. I'm not quite sure whether I like the hair covering part of his face/mask. I could probably remove it easily by switching to the nif file I use for Daneg the Faithful (which I based on a unit from another modmod but they obviously based on the Sheaim mage that they made bald). I may keep it just to make it easier for colorblind players to tell the two heroes apart.

I also decided to update Barbatos, desaturating his robes and making him larger in order to distinguish him from an ordinary Lich.

Edit: It turns out that the hair was not missing on the Danag model, just erased in the dss file. I went ahead and moved the hair covering half of Asmoday's mask, made his eyes glow green, desaturated his shoulder armor, and darkened the end of his staff. I kept a copy n case you think Asmoday looks better with hair though.

I realized I had made a save of the game where each of the Imprimatur Council members were standing in front of their unique features, so I took another screenshot of them in the same positions with the updated art.

Attachments

• Trenton,Wode, Asmoday, and Barbatos0000.JPG
    Trenton,Wode, Asmoday, and Barbatos0000.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 113
  • imprimatur0001.JPG
    imprimatur0001.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
The Eater of Dreams model for shadow tendrils or spider limbs fit Wode so much better. The Trenton one too; the previous one had the skin colour nailed down too but i like the switch from the static purple/blue outfit.

While i didn't have any issues with Asmoday (i thought he looked distinct enough, though admittedly probably not when running Ashen Veil and mixing him into your army), this new model is amazing. I prefer the hairless version imo, looks more intimidating when the whole mask is made visible.

On a related note, the new Impratur students are all found as slaughs, but how does one acquire Barbatos? Is he the result of a lair exploration, and will he join the explorer? I haven't seen him in one of my games for a very long time, but i also haven't spawned near the Broken Sepulcher so i don't know if i might've just missed him.

Last edited:
Good day gentlemen,

I'm somewhat new to this mod, which I find really amazing. The work done is impressive.

I just have a few questions:

- Acheron, the red dragon, seems extremely shy, and never appears, whatever the configuration of the game. Maybe it is wanted? Do we have another way to get the "cult of the dragon" religion (excluding the Kuriotates)?

- Sidar are really fun to play, I wanted to try summoning Gyra through the Mercurian gate and a shade, but it didn't do anything (luckely, I got her with the Bradeline well). I got the same result in another game using the world editor.

- The Chainbreakers ability to provoke a revolt in slave cities, can be cast ad voluntatem in the same turn (I don't think this is intended)

- The Matronae religion is the cause of multiple Crash to Desktop.

- I am not sure of the strategy of the Calabim's "blinded brothers" unit. they seem pretty useless (maybe this is intended, accordingly to the lore).

- Speaking of lore, one word : Awesome (the 21 gods and their precepts is pure gold). However, it seems to have evolved for some time and I am missing some information (mainly the events taking place after the campaign, Auric threatening to become God of death ? , the age of invention, ...). What sources can you advise me to catch up?

Once again, thank you for this titanic work that I will follow very closely. I wish you good luck.

- Acheron, the red dragon, seems extremely shy, and never appears, whatever the configuration of the game. Maybe it is wanted? Do we have another way to get the "cult of the dragon" religion (excluding the Kuriotates)?

While i haven't seen Acheron either in a long while (though i seem to recall him appearing more frequently if Barbarian World and other similar barbarian options are enabled), he is the original source of the cult. Kuriotates or Sheiam can build their Wyrmhold once they've reached the appropriate tech, thereby founding it, and Kuriotates can steal the holy site with their world spell.

Another way for any civ to get it is to conduct the Stir From Slumber ritual. This allows you to build a Wyrmhold in the holy city, and get dragons that you have the prerequisites for. I can't remember if Stir From Slumber automatically makes the ritual city the holy city (if it hasn't been founded yet), but it will at least give you fanatics with which to spread the faith.

- Sidar are really fun to play, I wanted to try summoning Gyra through the Mercurian gate and a shade, but it didn't do anything (luckely, I got her with the Bradeline well). I got the same result in another game using the world editor.
I had the same issue with attempting to summon Gyra, playing as Amurites. I had the gate, a shade (gained via a lucky lair event) but casting the spell did nothing. It did not matter whether i had founded the Matronae first or not or if i had another archangel already (tried before and after both cases).

- I am not sure of the strategy of the Calabim's "blinded brothers" unit. they seem pretty useless (maybe this is intended, accordingly to the lore).

It's unfortunately not listed on their civ page, but there is a spell called Pacify (that can be found on its own in the civilopedia). Only Blind Brothers can use it, and it has 3 effects: It quells unhappiness and revolt in an owned city, removes Enraged, Burning Blood & Rebellious, and finally adds (can be resisted) Pacified to all units within range.
I haven't tried them in a game yet, but they could be used to accompany an army of bloodpets, moroi and brujah and allow you more control over them. The Pacified effect (which only affects living creatures) also gives a negative affinity for spirit (devastating to the Elohim) and strips many morale effects (Valor, Courage, etc).

- Speaking of lore, one word : Awesome (the 21 gods and their precepts is pure gold). However, it seems to have evolved for some time and I am missing some information (mainly the events taking place after the campaign, Auric threatening to become God of death ? , the age of invention, ...). What sources can you advise me to catch up?
Much of this is spread out over forum posts, reddit and the civilopedia i am afraid. I would highly advise you to join the fallfromheaven subreddit, where Kael, MC and other knowledgeable individuals occasionally post insightful things. Kael notably posted a character entry of minor and major character althroughout a month, and there are summaries and indepth discussions.

While i haven't seen Acheron either in a long while (though i seem to recall him appearing more frequently if Barbarian World and other similar barbarian options are enabled), he is the original source of the cult. Kuriotates or Sheiam can build their Wyrmhold once they've reached the appropriate tech, thereby founding it, and Kuriotates can steal the holy site with their world spell.

Another way for any civ to get it is to conduct the Stir From Slumber ritual. This allows you to build a Wyrmhold in the holy city, and get dragons that you have the prerequisites for. I can't remember if Stir From Slumber automatically makes the ritual city the holy city (if it hasn't been founded yet), but it will at least give you fanatics with which to spread the faith.

If I get it right, for Acheron to show, a barbarian city must build the whirmhold of Acheron, then build Acheron himself ?

It's unfortunately not listed on their civ page, but there is a spell called Pacify (that can be found on its own in the civilopedia). Only Blind Brothers can use it, and it has 3 effects: It quells unhappiness and revolt in an owned city, removes Enraged, Burning Blood & Rebellious, and finally adds (can be resisted) Pacified to all units within range.
I haven't tried them in a game yet, but they could be used to accompany an army of bloodpets, moroi and brujah and allow you more control over them. The Pacified effect (which only affects living creatures) also gives a negative affinity for spirit (devastating to the Elohim) and strips many morale effects (Valor, Courage, etc).

My bad, I should have played Calabim before talking, I'll give them a try next time.

Much of this is spread out over forum posts, reddit and the civilopedia i am afraid. I would highly advise you to join the fallfromheaven subreddit, where Kael, MC and other knowledgeable individuals occasionally post insightful things. Kael notably posted a character entry of minor and major character althroughout a month, and there are summaries and indepth discussions.

Well, I'll be patient. Thank you for your reply.

Good day gentlemen,

I'm somewhat new to this mod, which I find really amazing. The work done is impressive.

I just have a few questions:

The Cult of the Dragon may be spread by constructing any Wyrmhold or by the Stir from Slumber ritual. The first city to which it spreads becomes the Holy City, but the Kuriotate World Spell may also move the holy city to the caster's tile.

Most of the Wyrmholds can only be constructed after Stir from Slumber, in a city with the Cult of the Dragon already present, if the city has a source of the mana type associated with a particular dragon species. Those restrictions does not apply to the Sheaim's unique Abashi's Wyrmhold, the Kuriotate's unique Eurabatres' Wyrmhold, or the Barbarian's unique Acheron's Wyrmhold. (Well, the Kuriotates and Sheiam still need Creation and Dimensional mana for their unique Wyrmholds, but their palaces supply those. The Eurabatres and Abashi Wyrmholds are also unique in not removing the Divine promotions from priests and causing problems for your state religion.)

If I get it right, for Acheron to show, a barbarian city must build the whirmhold of Acheron, then build Acheron himself ?
Acheron is the only dragon who can be trained before Stir from Slumber and without his Wyrmhold. The game should automatically place his Wyrmhold in his city, and spread Cult of the Dragon there, whenever he is trained. Acheron can be trained by the Barbarian State in one of their cities as soon as they know Mysticism, so it should happen earlier in Classical Start games than Ancient Start games and of course with the Barbarian world option active.

I just noticed that I had it set up so that the Barbarians can only train Acheron in a city with Fire mana though. It is harder for the Barbarians to get access to mana than other civs. They don;t have a palace to provide any, and if I recall correctly lacking a palace also prevents sharing any resources between cities. They can still get Fire mana in city near the Pyre of the Seraphic or Ring of Carcer if they build a road or are on a river, but need to research Knowledge of the Ether to connect it. They would further need to research Elementalism before building a Fire Node on an unimproved Fire or Raw Mana resource. In vanilla FfH2 they cannot build arcane units. I do let them train Shamans, but they don't tend to do so very often. Requiring Fire mana may thus be too high a barrier.

Acheron's Wyrmhold is the only Wyrmhold that still provides a source of the appropriate mana instead of requiring the city already have access to that mana. That should make it easier for the Barbarian State to train Acheron in a city where they have already built his Wyrmhold, but the Wyrmhold still costs four times as mcuh as Acheron himself.

For some reason I had the Disciples of Acheron and Sons of the Inferno set to require the default Furnace Dragon Wyrmhold instead of the Acheron version. I just fixed that

I'm going to play around with changing Acheron's Fire mana prereq to a Fire mana Production Bonus, and changing the cost of Acherons Wyrmhold to -1 so it is only added to the city when Acheron is trained rather than potentially being built in a far away city. That might make Acheron appear more often.

I may also play around with the alternate approach of making Acheron's Wrymhold much cheaper and requiring it before Acheron can be trained. That might result in the religion being founded sooner and in Disciples of Acheron or even Sons of the Inferno showing up sooner than Acheron the Furnace Dragon himself. The player would be able to try to capture the CotD holy city and prevent Acheron's entry into the world this way.

I remember finding and fixing a bug in that spell, but cannot recall whether that was before or just after the last release. I'm guessing after. I just know it works now on my end.
- The Chainbreakers ability to provoke a revolt in slave cities, can be cast ad voluntatem in the same turn (I don't think this is intended)
It was like that for testing purposes and I forgot to change it until you mentioned it.
- The Matronae religion is the cause of multiple Crash to Desktop.
Can you explain this better? What is causing the crash? The religion being founded by one of the Archanges' abilities with their Masks? The Bane Divine Ritual? Spreading to a city? sing a spell like Kill Clerics?

The only promotions it actually removes are Enraged, Rebellious, and Burning Blood, but it does make the unit unable to gain Valor, Courage, Morale, and Irabundus as well as those.

Nothrazim neglected to mention one of the most important parts of the Pacified Promotion: it makes a unit DefensiveOnly,thus potentially rendering entire enemy armies unable to attack you. Be careful when you use it though, since it applies to friend and foe alike; any of your own units within range who don't resist the spell will also be incapable of attacking your enemies.

The Pacify Spell has the same Python effect of Unyielding Order, setting the Revolution Index, Occupation Timer, and Hurry Anger timers to 0. It does not end all unhappiness, only that caused by sacrificing population to hurry production (or from Vampires Feasting, which uses the same counter). Unhappiness resulting from buildings, resources, overpopulation, war weariness, etc., all remain untouched (and if you have a Governor's Manor or Pillar of Chains will continue to supplement the city's productive capacity). The spell does not have an associated building to maintain these effects. (At one point I had it adding a building much like Unyielding Order which also granted Pacified to units in the city, but the game then made it impossible to use outside of cities and I didn't feel like having two completely separate spells.) One Blinded Brother can put down a revolt or the resistance in a captured city (without needing to be sacrificed for culture like ordinary adepts) but may need to do so again a few turns later.

Note that the Adventurer, the Aeron's Chosen, and most importantly the Vampire promotion all make a unit immune to the Pacified promotion.

Canonically the Blind Brothers are heretics/schismatics from the Brotherhood of Wardens who (like Pelain the Suffering rather than Sirona herself) preach Absolute Strict Pacifism. They do not permit any sort of self defense, which is why they have zero strength, but it would be too powerful to let them prevent enemy units from even fighting defensively.

Although The Blind Brothers help the triumph of evil by teaching good men to do nothing to resist it, they are themselves still considered Good-Aligned and cannot become Vampires.
Those events are mostly from posts that Kael has made on Reddit during the past year or two, especially from his Character reveals last October.
https://www.reddit.com/r/fallfromheaven/comments/d8gj2u/october_character_reveal/

Ah, thank you for clarifying the mechanics. I originally typed out that it could be used to prevent attacks, but when closely examining the Pacify spell i found it doesn't mention being able to do that.

I like the suggested Acheron changes, since as mentioned i have not seen him in a game for some time. I remember running into the Sons of the Inferno a long time ago and being terrified of how difficult it was to prevent them from spawning, since Acheron was squatting some thirty tiles from my capital. It made for a very enjoyable game.

If Acheron is defeated, the city he was created in leaves the Dragon's Hoard (or left, last time i checked). Would it now also leave behind a Furnace Wyrmhold?

Can you explain this better? What is causing the crash? The religion being founded by one of the Archanges' abilities with their Masks? The Bane Divine Ritual? Spreading to a city? sing a spell like Kill Clerics?

Sorry, I'll try to be more clear. From my experience, it crashed once when I founded the religion with the Archanges' abilities with their Masks, I reloaded my game, the next try was a good one. The same problem happened when I convert a city, sometimes it crash, I reload and no crash.
It also crash when I try to build a matronae wonder (the Dock of Dreams, if I can recall), this one always crash when I ask my city to built it.

Ah, thank you for clarifying the mechanics. I originally typed out that it could be used to prevent attacks, but when closely examining the Pacify spell i found it doesn't mention being able to do that.

I like the suggested Acheron changes, since as mentioned i have not seen him in a game for some time. I remember running into the Sons of the Inferno a long time ago and being terrified of how difficult it was to prevent them from spawning, since Acheron was squatting some thirty tiles from my capital. It made for a very enjoyable game.

If Acheron is defeated, the city he was created in leaves the Dragon's Hoard (or left, last time i checked). Would it now also leave behind a Furnace Wyrmhold?
Which option are you saying that you like? The one where Acheron's Wyrmhold becomes cheap and Sons of the Inferno and Disciples of Acheron may appear before Acheron is there to defend the city, or the one where Acheron can be built more easily and his Wyrmhold only appears with him?

Yes, capturing the city with Acheron's Wyrmhold does let you keep his Wyrmhold. I was thinking it might revert to a normal Furnace Wyrmhold, but in a quick test did not.
What surprised me in the test was that killing Acheron still provided Dragon's Hoard. I thought I had already change it to fit the lore that Furnace Dragons collect nothing and only a Vault Wyrm would have a Hoard. I changed that just now.

I also just noticed this code inin CvGameUtils.py
Code:
   def AI_chooseProduction(self,argsList):
       pCity = argsList[0]
       ePlayer = pCity.getOwner()
       pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer)
       pPlot = pCity.plot()

## AI catches for buildings and projects that have python-only effects
       if not pPlayer.isHuman():

if pPlayer.isBarbarian():
               if not gc.getGame().isOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_NO_ACHERON):
                   if pCity.canTrain(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ACHERON'), True, False):

if pPlayer.getNumCities() == 0:

pCity.pushOrder(OrderTypes.ORDER_TRAIN, gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ACHERON'), -1, False, False, False, False)
                           return 1

pBones = cf.findImprovement(gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_DRAGON_BONES'))
                       if pBones != -1:
                           if pCity == CyMap().findCity(pBones.getX(), pBones.getY(), ePlayer, TeamTypes.NO_TEAM, True, False, TeamTypes.NO_TEAM, DirectionTypes.NO_DIRECTION, pPlayer.getCity(-1)):

pCity.pushOrder(OrderTypes.ORDER_TRAIN, gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ACHERON'), -1, False, False, False, False)
                               return 1

This is a problem.
The conditional if pPlayer.getNumCities() == 0: is always false, as if the city it is checking and potentialy pushing to train Acheron exists then pPlayer.getNumCities() must be at least 1. I supect the code was meant to use 1 instead of 0.

I think the other option for pushing Acheron's production originally checked for 'IMPROVEMENT_DRAGON_BONES_ACHERON. It made sense for him to awaken closest to the site of his bones. Now that no dragon bones are unique features and many different dragon bones may appear with different mana types, making Acheron appear only in the city closest to a random dragon's bones is silly.

The code should probably be simplified to this:
Code:
   def AI_chooseProduction(self,argsList):
       pCity = argsList[0]
       ePlayer = pCity.getOwner()
       pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer)
       pPlot = pCity.plot()

## AI catches for buildings and projects that have python-only effects
       if not pPlayer.isHuman():

if pPlayer.isBarbarian():
               if not gc.getGame().isOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_NO_ACHERON):
                   if pCity.canTrain(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ACHERON'), True, False):

return 1
I have not tested it, but that alone should be enough to make Acheron's early entry to the game fairly common.

Sorry, i thought you meant that you had the Acheron cheap idea first, then swapped it for the sons and disciples. I meant that one; i prefer the concept of the Sons and Disciples appearing as essentially hostile madmen, heralding the imminent return of Acheron. I don't know how long it takes the AI to build him under normal circumstances, so can't comment on if Acheron's own cost should be tweaked or not.

In the lore blurb for Acheron it is mentioned that the orcs and goblins are piling their treasures before him as the legend is reborn, but i suppose this might be considered outdated by now by the more up-to-date knowledge we have regarding the dragon types.

Huh, i wonder how long he's had that bug preventing him from spawning correctly. I suppose the last time i saw him was when his bones were implemented as a unique feature in that case. Good to hear the issue has (hopefully) been resolved.

Sorry, I'll try to be more clear. From my experience, it crashed once when I founded the religion with the Archanges' abilities with their Masks, I reloaded my game, the next try was a good one. The same problem happened when I convert a city, sometimes it crash, I reload and no crash.
It also crash when I try to build a matronae wonder (the Dock of Dreams, if I can recall), this one always crash when I ask my city to built it.

I have yet to experience any crashes that seem to relate to the Matronae, at least that i can detect. In both games i've tried i could create the religion via Brigid with a Mask, and was able to later build the Docks and Fane.

Kael just made another post referencing diseases in Erebus (on reddit but outside the FfH2 subreddit )

Kael on Reddit said:
Elven Pox makes the victim unable to use magic. It also makes them highly resistant to other mages spells.

Gallowscurse doesn’t negatively impact the victim, but when the victim dies they are raised as an undead.

Deathphage is a very deadly and contagious disease that kills most of its victims over a few horrible weeks. But those that survive are forever immune to it and are actually healthier for having gone through it.
This conflicts slightly with previous posts:
...Outside of that everything sounds awesome. A few fun things that may help you:

1. There is a curse in FfH called the Deathphage that causes them to to raised as a demon when they die. Victims of the Deathphage exhibit no symptoms (it doesn't hurt them while they are alive) except a high resistance to death magic.

2. There is a disease called the Gallowcurse that slowly kills its victim over several weeks. Most die from it, but those that survive are forever immune to it and actually more vital than they were before contracting the disease.

3. I mention both because I don't have my notes handy and I might be getting the names backwards.

4. If you haven't read it check out Ethne's character story here on the forum, she goes back a long way and it may give you some interesting ideas for her character. Ethne was raised rich, and overcome by the suffering she came to find in the world. I can't really imagine her being BFF's with Talia (at least in my imagining of the two characters), but she might realize that Talia is is a tortured soul and want to help her.

5. Have fun!
I have 7 diseases somewhere. Let’s see if I can recall:

1. Deathphage as above.

2. Gallowcurse as above.

3. Elven Pox makes the victim magically inert. Keeping them from being able to use magic. It is spread by magical contact, so a mind made attempting to read the mind of a victim would contract the pox and lose the ability to use magic. This has the side effect of making the victim mostly magic immune since the pox will kill all magic that touches them.

4. Curse of Camulos causes berserker rage. It is spread through shared pain. The rage grows as the victim causes pain. The only way to recover is to go a long period of time without causing pain or violence of any sort.

5. Rotting Flesh. Transferred from Rotting Wolves (who seem to have adapted to the disease) and Rotting Trolls (whose regeneration protects them). Highly contagious, and though it isn’t normally lethal it will spread through a village quickly and leave all the people weak and unable to defend themselves from the wolf or troll attack.

6. Brittle Bones. Much as the name suggests it makes the victim frail, often needing splints or to be locked inside specially constructed armor to survive.
Gah, I can’t recall the 7th. Hopefully that helps.
This isnt even a Fall from Heaven thread, lol.

Checking out my notes now. I have them as:

• Brittle Bones- This makes the victim more fragile.
  • Curse of Camulos- This create an overwhelming rage in the victim, often leading them into attacking others, which spread the disease.
  • Deathphage- This is the disease that raises the victim as an undead when they die, but has not effect on them when they are alive.
  • Elven Pox- This blocks all spellcasting and makes the victim resistant to spells.
  • Gallowblight- This is the one that is deadly and very contagious. It kills most but those it doesn't kill are made stronger by it.
  • Rotting Flesh- Spread through blood/saliva, most commonly in combat, causes permanent rot in the victim, certain breeds of wolves and trolls have become infected with it
  • Stolen Breath- Exhausts the victim

I'm thinking the way he described them most recently makes the most sense. I had implemented Deathphage as a promotion which causes even good units to return as Infernal Manes, but I just now changed it to instead cause severely negative healing, deal the unit death damage every turn, spread faster than a normal disease or plague, but also have a chance to randomly grant Immune to Disease, March, and fully heal a unit that recovers from the illness .

I also just implemented Gallowscurse to raise units as undead much like Mokka's Cauldron, but as barbarians. I might change it to let them be raised under the control of a dearby Death Affinity unit, but checking for those might be inefficient.

I also just implemented Elven Pox as a promotion granting a high iscast change and chance of resisting magic. I don't think it is possible to let it spread through resisting XML-only spells, but I just replaced every instance of pUnit.isResisted(pCaster, eSpell) with effectResisted(pUnit, pCaster, eSpell) which I defined as such:
Code:
def effectResisted(pUnit, pCaster, eSpell):
   spell = gc.getSpellInfo(eSpell)
   if not spell.isAbility():
       if pUnit.isHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_ELVENPOX')):
           pCaster.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_ELVENPOX'), True)

return True

if pCaster.getUnitType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_NULLSTONE_GOLEM'):
           pUnit.cast(iSpell)
           return True
       if pUnit.getReligion() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('RELIGION_CHILDREN_OF_THE_ONE'):
           if pCaster.getUnitCombatType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCOMBAT_DISCIPLE') or pCaster.getUnitCombatType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_DIVINE'):
               return True
   return pUnit.isResisted(pCaster, eSpell)

This should let Elven Pox spread through failed attempts to cast any spell effecting the units in python. It should also let spells rebound on units that try to attack Nullstone Golems, and make all Children of the One units always resist Divine magic.

I have not yet tested any of these changed though, so I cannot promise they will work well or make it into the next release.

Last edited:
I have to commend you by the way for the implementations of the minor religions. I've been playing a game as Svartalfar, using the Council (invisibility + hidden nationality Assassins & Agents using Disrupt) to overthrow my neighbors, and been able to really support my nation by getting the Occis, Stewards and Fellowship spread to my cities. I find myself aiming for different wonders and minor faiths in my games that makes for incredibly fun synergy between civs, religions and mana types.

I also decided to update Barbatos, desaturating his robes and making him larger in order to distinguish him from an ordinary Lich.
What about his mask ? He wearing it could be something more visual to differ him from other lich's.
The new version of Wode is just an Eater of Dreams
The model is nice and fits well on his description, but I think an elvish appearance would make him even better. It's possible to give him an elven head ? Alazkan's head would fit well on him.

Also, if you're interested in some model changes, Orbis have some models that could be placed in some buildings of the game that have same model of another, like the palisade (wall model) and the Infernal Palace (tower of mastery). It have some good ones to units like the shadow, who have a great engineer wearing a cloak as model.

What about his mask ? He wearing it could be something more visual to differ him from other lich's.

The model is nice and fits well on his description, but I think an elvish appearance would make him even better. It's possible to give him an elven head ? Alazkan's head would fit well on him.

Also, if you're interested in some model changes, Orbis have some models that could be placed in some buildings of the game that have same model of another, like the palisade (wall model) and the Infernal Palace (tower of mastery). It have some good ones to units like the shadow, who have a great engineer wearing a cloak as model.
Barbatos's mask is said to appear as darkness. When I try to cut and paste the black shape I placed over Gyra's face to form her mask, it looks terrible over Barbatos's skull. When I make the texture for the skull completely black it looks almost as bad. It looks alright if I just adjust the brightness level down though.

I remember thinking for years that Wode was an Elf, the sort who would find himself at home among the Svartalfar, but when I referred to him as an Elf on Reddit once Kael corrected me and said his notes showed Wode was always a Human from Patria. When I double checked the pedia I found no reference to his race, although Herve and Majen were both identified as Elves.

I wish I knew how to borrow pieces (heads, staves, etc) from one model and use them in others. I know it can be done, and clearly was done in other models, but suspect it may need other software for that. Removing existing blocks is easy, but my many times to copy a block from one .nif file to another have always failed.

I've already used some models from Orbis. I don't really care much about building models being unique as you cannot that easily see most of them in a crowded city anyway, but I did go through them looking for Unique Feature art. I believe I found Velgyr's model in Orbis.

I cannot say I'm a big fan of Orbis's art for the Shadow unit.

Would it be possible to adjust the spawn rate of the krakens from Maenalus? I've found my coastline ravaged by krakens in my games since it began spawning, and they're strong enough that you need to invest in a real navy to protect any resources.

Would it be possible to adjust the spawn rate of the krakens from Maenalus? I've found my coastline ravaged by krakens in my games since it began spawning, and they're strong enough that you need to invest in a real navy to protect any resources.
The simple answer is unfortunately "No." Lairs spawning units is handled in the DLL and I don't think there is a way to adjust it.

I could however add a bit of python code under def onUnitCreated(self, argsList): like this
Code:
       elif iUnit == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_KRAKEN'):
           if unit.isBarbarian() and pPlot.getImprovementType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_AIFON_ISLE'):
               unit.setDuration(2)

That should prevent the Krakens from the Maenalus from living long enough to disrupt trade and destroy ships and improvements worldwide, why still keeping the region around the Aifon Isle itself quite dangerous.

I could also copy some of the reqSubmerge code to make it so that a Kraken spawned on the Maenalus when under an UNdertow player's control is given to that player immediately rathe than waiting for it to try to submerge.
Code:
       elif iUnit == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_KRAKEN'):
           if unit.isBarbarian():
               if pPlot.getImprovementType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_AIFON_ISLE'):
                   unit.setDuration(2)

if pPlot.isOwned():
                       iPlayerP = pPlot.getOwner()
                       if iPlayerP != iPlayer:
                           pPlayerP = gc.getPlayer(iPlayerP)
                           if pPlayerP.getStateReligion() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('RELIGION_OCTOPUS_OVERLORDS'):
                               iDuration = 1 + cf.getNumBonusEffective(iPlayerP, gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_MANA_MIND'), -1) + cf.getNumBonusEffective(iPlayerP, gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_MANA_WATER'), -1)
                               newUnit = pPlayerP.initUnit(iUnit, iX, iY, UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
                               newUnit.convert(unit)
                               newUnit.setDuration(iDuration)

That sounds like it might alleviate the frustration. In most of my games, Maenalus has been far enough away that it has been irrelevant in terms of control, except for the krakens spawning. 2 or so turns of duration sounds like it would be a welcome improvement.

Edit: On an unrelated topic, i recently completed Stir From Slumber and built a bunch of Wyrmholds in my holy city. I built like 12 of them using Fanatics, but now i can't build any more, even despite meeting the prerequisites for several more. Is there a hidden cap to them? I can build other wonders just fine, but no more Wyrmholds (gotta catch 'em all)

Last edited:
Top Bottom