MAJOR EDITOR HELP... Not Newbie question I assure you

Bane Star

World Creator
So, I'm Tech editing, and the Tech tree wont allow you to nominate a Era 1 tech as a requirement for an Era 2 Tech...or any Era 1,2,3 for any Era 2,3,4 (obviously not backwards)

REASON to Need this: -(ignore this if you want)

In Era 2 I have 3 Major Areas of Study, The Iron age as a general Rule is to follow on to Era 3, But The Religion Age, which semi starts in Era 2 is Not required to go to Era 3, But when you get to Era 3, The next set of Religious Tech SHOULD require the previous religious Tech... and the Same follows for The 4 Lines of Research in Era 3, Warcraft, Magic, Religion and Nature. If anyone Makes it to the Forth Era via the Central Non affiliated Techs, Then In the forth Era are the same 4 lines of research, but As it stands the Fourth Era Techs CANNOT(as per Game code) require the 3rd Era techs as a pre-requisite, Yet I Must have this pre-requisite, otherwise there is no point to studying the prior Era techs since you could start them all at 4th Era and skip all the Early 3rd Era techs... SHEEESSH...

OK, TEST ATTEMPTS TO FIX:
I made ERA1 Tech, ERA0 Tech and ERA2 Tech,
Since ERA2 cannot have ERA1 as a requirement, I made ERA0 as a requirement, But ERA0 cannot have ERA1 as a requirement!!!!!

So I made ERA1 a No Era tech, Then Made ERA0 now require ERA1, then for some (hopefully they dont change this) fault. I could make ERA1 an era 1 Tech.... But when I ran it It crashes

SO... The question is: Does anyone else know of another or better or easier way to ALLOW a tech from a later Era REQUIRE a tech from an Earlier Era (incase my attempt crashes the game....

p.s. I am running PTW 1.21...

The only thing I can think of next is editing the BIX file, which I dont know how to do yet.... Gramphos??

Last Note: EDITOR WISH: ALLOW ALL TECHS the requirement of BUILDINGS, RESOURCES and ANY TECH regardless of ERA... PLEASE FIRAXIS, ATARI, SID... For CONQUESTS I BEG YOU PLEASE....

Sorry, AFAIK only Era=None techs can be requirements for techs in any other era.

Note that Era=None techs can never be researched or traded, so they must be assigned as a starting tech for a Civ.

-- Which means that, if you do make up an Era=None tech called "A" and (1) make "A" a prerequisite for a tech "B" and (2) only give tech "A" to some Civs, then you should make tech "B" optional for era advancement -- unless you don't want some Civs progressing into whatever that next era is.

-Oz

So I tested it out once I got rid of the Errors, and Your Right Ozy, While the tech tree reads correctly, I cannot research the 'hidden' tech... ARRGH...

So ANYONE have any clue on what to do?

Top Bottom