Make the ai more agressive

Is there something stronger that a Human Player can do that the AI cannot?
mmmno, it doesn´t.

Look into settings for the Human Player vs the AI.
What do you mean? do you say something in the editor? Some setting for the behavoir in human vs ia was really useful, but i dont know where to find something like that in the editor (neither vanilla nor quintillus editor)

IF you mean that Others can play this Scenario in Multiplayer with no problems concerning the AI, then that indicates setting issues.
No, what I was asking is if any of the modders on the forum (civinator, El Justo, etc.) had a similar problem when setting the AI behavior in their scenarios.

Last edited:
Is there something stronger that a Human Player can do that the AI cannot?
Yes, Lethal "Shoot" on the Map.

Look into settings for the Human Player vs the AI.
I mean, look at what you set for the AI and Human Player in the Editor to see if you have set something that makes the Human Player Stronger than the AI.

I do not know what settings others have set for their Games but it is not really necessary to know because you can compare your settings for the AI and Human Players to see IF it is different enough to cause your problem in Multiplayer.

Good Luck finding your "Needle in a Hey Stack" here because there can be any number of things causing your problem... so begin by at least looking at the settings you have set for the AI and Human Player.
Look at other Multiplayer Scenarios that work well and compare...etc...

Thanks for your patience Vuldacon, i really appreciate your willingness to help in this case.
One last thing:
There is no different settings between the 5 nations, they can all be played by both the human and AI player. There is no one nation that the human player is supposed to use over another. That is why I do not understand what you mean when you say that I compare the settings for the AI and Human Players. Each civ has its own UU and buildings, differentiated by the type of government that allows them. In the editor, i assigned each player (player 1, player 2, etc.) one of the 5 nations and one of the government systems, to differentiate which buildings they can build and which they cannot. When I want to play with Germany and my friend chooses the U.K., the other 3 nations are played by the AI, which has the same settings that the human player would have if he had chosen that nation. I don't know if I can explain myself correctly.
what i say is that no matter which combination of civs we play, the ai has a different behavoir when we both are in the game that she has when one of us leave the game. If i understand correctly the editor, there is only one tab (difficulty levels) that specifically change the settings to the ia player, and i setted up this correctly, thats why the singleplayer game is really challenging.
Again thanks to you and i wait for your answer if there is something else you can add.

haladwin... There are things a Human can do that the AI cannot in the Normal Editor. Example, In EFZI 2 Elite I use Lethal Shooting = Bombardment for MANY Foot Units and the AI does not use Lethal Bombardment on the Map. THAT is extremely powerful because the Human Player can just Kill by shooting the Enemy and not be hurt where the AI will directly attack and be Hurt or Killed.

I do not know the settings you use so I was just speculating possibilities.

Multiplayer may be programed for the AI to behave differently when there are more than one Human Player... Perhaps someone else that plays Multiplayer can be more helpful for you concerning the AI in the situation you are experiencing.

personally, I would try making the AI Much Stronger both in number of Units and their Strengths to see if that helps. IF so, you can experiment with the best settings for the AI.

Great. I get it now. Thats could be a posibility. All the fighters, bombers and naval units in my scenario has lethal land and sea bombardment. On the other hand, its is true
for both sp and mp, so there's no way that's the case. Anyway, thanks a lot to you

haladwin... IF you cannot get an answer from anyone, experiment with extreme settings so if it changes the AI, you will then know how to adjust the Game.

The One problem I can think of is that in Multiplayer, there can be players playing different CIVs and different numbers of players.
... perhaps set only a certain number of playable CIVs for the Human Players and the remaining Civs as AI. Then when you find the answer for adjusting the AI, you can adjust the AI Civs.

I'll chip in here on the most recent point. I'll apologise in advance as I'm unaware of any specific mods, but I think I may know the answer to why the AI is more passive against in a multiplayer game than in a single player game. War weariness is disabled in multiplayer for some reason.

In vanilla settings, this means the AI has a lot less reason to shift out of Democracy or Republic in multiplayer, so it is more likely to avoid the incredibly high unit numbers of say Fascism that invariably lead to the AI getting itself stuck in a more militaristic government (for cheap unit support).

Whereas in single player, War Weariness pushes the AI out of Democracy or Republic and sends it into a cycle of staying in militaristic governments with more unit support.

The only solution I ever found was to nerf Democracy and Republic in multiplayer and buff the more militaristic governments. Primarily around unit support, but also around corruption. It is a very delicate balance and I ended up including two new government types (one medieval, one modern) that bridged the gap between the militaristic govts and those govts with the trade bonus. I did this by creating two governments with the trade bonus and better unit support than Rep & Dem, but with key failings in terms of xenophobia, corruption and whatever the setting was that limits culture growth in captured cities.

This creates a route for the AI to de-escalate its military out of the militaristic govt unit support trap, albeit a route that it rarely chooses to take. In reality the main benefit is that when a militaristic govt attacks a Rep or Dem, the Rep or Dem will usually have a revolution to one of my halfway house new govt types and may therefore manage to avoid entering the militaristic govt unit support trap itself and, once peace resumes, may revert to Rep or Dem.

If you felt this was the problem then to compliment the above I would suggest:

i) making anarchy for the AI longer but with less corruption (so they can still operate adequately during the likely higher number of revolutions caused by the above changes).

ii) increasing difficulty levels specifically for when the mod is played in multiplayer (preferably nothing to do with unit support as that would knock all of your governments out of kilter and the AI will end up almost always favouring one above all others). Cost factor is the easiest one to change. For example, make it -1 for all difficulty levels in multiplayer compared to single player. This will result on the AI, on average, having more units and feeling more confident (and therefore aggressive in terms of diplomacy and government type) relative to the humans in multiplayer than in single player. This will offset the pacifity caused by there being no war weariness.

Actually, you may even just want to try ii) above first if all you want is comparable aggression between single and multiplayer and you aren't bothered about the AI favouring less militaristic government types. It is a 5 minute job to change it and you may notice results that are to your liking.

Top Bottom