1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Make your own CIV movies!!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Tutorials, Reference, & Guides' started by polyphemus, Jun 21, 2005.

1. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange King

In the process of moding, I seem to have lost the intro movie for Conquests. It does not play when I load up the game and I wonder if that is at all related to why the game crashes when I try the mod. Or is it a coincidence or what? Not that I usually watch the movie and miss it, just curious.

2. polyphemus

polyphemus join the long blue line

I am uploaded the original movie file for you so that you wouldn't have to install the whole game again. I am not sure it that is why the game crashes. It should just skip over it...does the game freeze at that exact point in time?

3. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange King

I haven't downloaded your thingy yet, but just thought I would ask about the opening movie not showing. I thought I may have done something to prevent it from loading. It is not like the program has learnt that I skip past is every time.

When I load my mod, it crashes, but I have worked out that the something in the units I have added is doing it. I think. :crazyeye:

4. polyphemus

polyphemus join the long blue line

5. monster_val

monster_val Chieftain

this may the tool that i've desperately needed - i'll post again with a review - thanks for this thread - Monster

6. D551

D551 Warlord

SICK!!!!! that looks tight

7. Thrust123

Thrust123 Prince

Thanks for the tutorial which I will read soon. I don't guess that one can make civilization specific victory or intro movies ?

Well guess for the intro movies I need not ask because if I play a solo scenario as a human player all I have to do is use the movie I make for that human player. But the victory movie is the real question, as another civilization would be the winner....

8. Louis46

Louis46 Chieftain

When I converted my video using RAD video tools, and then replaced the conquests bik file in the conquests movie folder, the normal intro played anyway. Afterwards I also tried replacing the movie files in the main game movie folder but it still didn't work and I was hoping somebody could tell me why.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020