1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Making Giant Death Robots OP for fun?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by The Fuzzician, Dec 16, 2019.

1. black213

black213 Emperor

I think an option for the advanced setup to disable GDRs and XCOMs would be a good addition.

Basilius likes this.
  2. vyyt

vyyt Deity

There is a modmod for it. It's on Steam. If anyone interested, I can look it up and post a name when I am on my computer.

I personally also remove the cruise missiles on top of GDR and XCOM. But I think I also moved the modern tanks a bit further in the tech tree and made them stronger if I remember well.

black213 likes this.
  3. black213

black213 Emperor

It's good that a mod for it exists but there would be no harm in adding it as a game settings option.

vyyt likes this.
  4. Basilius

Basilius Chieftain

I agree with black213 and a few other posters. Having the option to disable GDR & XCOM would be welcome. Breaks immersion.

In terms of military tech, it's starting to really show that civ 5 came out in 2011; drone and missile strikes have become important weapons in conflict. Removing the supply cost of guided missiles was a step in the right direction. That naval enhancement mod (forget the name) is another. I would make two further suggestions:

1.) An end of tech tree upgrade to Jet Fighters' ability to bomb units.
    2.) An end of tech tree upgrade to guided missiles' damage.

These are simple changes that help bring Civ in line with 2020.

vyyt, Kim Dong Un and Randomized like this.
  5. phantomaxl1207

phantomaxl1207 King

The new GDR's are pretty fun, they have 200 HP and hit hard on the offense with the Ranged attack. They still need to not be stopped by Rivers though.

6. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

I've been recently contemplating the creation of a certain "civ" that's main power spike would come alongside a unique ICBM...

7. Omen of Peace

Omen of Peace Prince

DIsabling XCOM & GDR is too niche to make it a UI option, I'd think.
    Or did you mean an option for which you edit a SQL file?
    It might already be possible to disable them via SQL edits... but we'd need someone from the code people or a modder to tell you how.