Making the game longer...

Dawood

Chieftain
Hi

I am wondering if there is any mod that causes research to go muuuuuuuuch slower.... as it is now it feels like you discover some new weapon and then you have to use it quick as hell before it is outdated...:(
I would need a mod that simply slows down research, and makes the years go slower so I can get a chans to repeat, or even improve history. Now you don't have a chance to rise and fall before year 500 AD as the romans, you might finish the real world conquest of the roman empire with tanks. And there can't be any prolonged medieval fighting. The celts and the english should bicker for hundreds of years with swordsmen and archers, but now they have to resort to rifles and tanks within a short time. Empires should rise and fall, but there is no time for that, since you reach the spaceage before you have the chance... :cry:

If there is no such mod would someone be interested in making one, or atleast give me some hints on how to do it myself!

Thanks!

you don't need a mod for that, just change the TECH rate in the editor... that's what I do.

I'm pretty sure I remember the max number of turns is 1000, where it is now 540. So your game could only be twice as long as it is now. Although you could just not worry about the end of the game, when it comes just click play more, I'm not sure if it will let you play past 1000 at all though.

I think he just wants to slow down techs....

my recomendation would be that you up the tech prices and slow the tech rate :)

GL and let me know how it works out :)

Yeah, but the problem would be you'd need to make the game longer, unless you never wanted to be able to reach the modern techs. I would like to do the same thing as him, make each era about 1000 turns, so you'd have a long period of time with each unit.

I went into the editor and made all the techs occur in sequence. Tech 4 requires Tech 3 which requires Tech 2 which requires Tech 1 etc etc. I did this to better control the development of technology as it relates to units. I really never cared about the concept of the effects of researching a "branch" of technology, plus it negates the effects of AI trading for the most part. If you make all the techs sequential, then it's easy to control rate of tech development by manipulating the minimum and maximum Research Time values in the editor.

You can make the game longer by number of turns in the Scenario editor.

Top Bottom