St Paul's Bay
Bandiagara
Goundam
Dire
Manantali
Bourem

Military Leaders: Sundiata, Sulayman, Uli, Sakura, Mari-Jata
Scientic Leaders: Modibo Muhammad, al-Hajj

yeah pol pot was the dictator of cambodia. he killed around a quarter of cambodias population and practicaly left there bones and bodies lying in the streets.

hello,

unfortunately not so incredible, especially because the political outcome of the Killing- Field - Terror from the Khmer Rouge (Maoistic Organization that ruled Cambodia during the reign of Pol Pot) was even more horrible.

When the Khmer Rouge turned Cambodia into a slaughterhouse the Vietnamese took the chance to invade and conquer Cambodia in the late 70s. That was the same time when the Russians occupied Afghanistan.

No Western Nato Civilization stopped the Vietnamese, because they always argued that they safe the Cambodian people from the Khmer-Terror. (that was of course a fake argument, but Western Population and Western Media is quite easily to cheat when it is about such human right cases)
Only a Chinese Invasion in North Vietnam stopped the Vietcong from advancing even further to Laos and Thailand following the retreating Khmer forces.
For around ten years the Vietnamese inofficially surpressed and exploited Cambodia and even today Cambodia is still one of the poorest nations of South East Asia (The regions that prospered most in the last 30 years)

You may compare this case with the actual situation of East-Kongo that gets exploited by Ruanda and the Ruandian Army is actually financed by Western Social Developement Funds Money that never reach the initended receiver.

Somehow we Westerners should just stop to base our foreign politics on human rights and social aid. We just get to easily manipulated in this way.
(in this way you may mention the perfect PR that was used by the Albanian Paramilitary Forces in Serbian Kosovo 1999) The Albanians were the aggressors but thanks to their good marketing they were picturized as the victims in the puplic opinion. Only one year later (when the Nato cutted out Kosovo from Serbia and placed forces there), you may find reports in the foreign ministries that claim that the Nato this time supported the "bad" guys.

Rod said:
unfortunately not so incredible, especially because the political outcome of the Killing- Field - Terror from the Khmer Rouge (Maoistic Organization that ruled Cambodia during the reign of Pol Pot) was even more horrible.
Just in case I was being vague, when I wrote "incredible!", I was refering to the Mansa Musa leaderhead. I was in no way condoning--or even referring to--Pol Pot or the Khmer Rouge. Sorry for any confusion.

Somebody is confused here, thats for sure. So, I'll spell it out even clearer than plotinus.

MALI = ISLAMIC WEST AFRICAN EMPIRE
NOTHING TO DO WITH THE KHMER ROGUE
NOTHING TO DO WITH VIETNAM
NOTHING TO DO WITH SOUTHEAST ASIA

Goodness Gracious.

Oh, this guy is bloody awesome, espically in the industrial era. His headpiece... I want one. I want two.

My only complaint is that in the modern era he looks like a regular dude. I, personally, would've made him a general or something. But, then again, that was probably something better suited for the preview thread. The head is done now, so the point is moot.

Reglardless of that, this may be in GATTM2, if I decide to add the Mali.

Great job, Shirou!

hello,

I just had some time and then I stumpled over the "incredible!" .. thats the whole story folks :), but I am quite aware that Pol Pot and Mali dont share very much similarities .. even when it is always interesting in which strange direction our minds going to think when they start from Mansa Mula in Mali :)

Hey Shiro -

I spotted a couple of problems with the LH. Luckily they shouldn't take you a moment to fix. The Modern age has some transparency problems - I think you've used too bright a white for a few spots. And with the Industrial age, the second flic is actually a duplicate of the first, rather than its reverse. This leads to odd effects!

Top Bottom