many questions...

dragonfly522

Chieftain
Hi,
I know that I have a lot of questions. I don't expect an answer from all of them from one person.

1) Will the game let me know when I have connected a city after the first one? I thought that I connected all of my cities but I have yet to hear that they are connected. Going on about roads, should I connect all of my mines to the core of my city (not just the capital but regarding all of my cities)? If so, what is the benefit of that? Don't I get production points from the mine regardless, even if the game doesn't tell me to connect it with a road?

2) What is the benefit of building bridges?

3) I am very confused about the whole danger of population growth. What do my cities need to stop the population growth? My guess is to work the city with only the circles that make a "stagnation" growth status. Am I correct? I have been making farms like crazy to keep my cities fed. I shouldn't have to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help, it is much appreciated and needed!

Hi,
I know that I have a lot of questions. I don't expect an answer from all of them from one person.

1) Will the game let me know when I have connected a city after the first one? I thought that I connected all of my cities but I have yet to hear that they are connected. Going on about roads, should I connect all of my mines to the core of my city (not just the capital but regarding all of my cities)? If so, what is the benefit of that? Don't I get production points from the mine regardless, even if the game doesn't tell me to connect it with a road?

2) What is the benefit of building bridges?

3) I am very confused about the whole danger of population growth. What do my cities need to stop the population growth? My guess is to work the city with only the circles that make a "stagnation" growth status. Am I correct? I have been making farms like crazy to keep my cities fed. I shouldn't have to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help, it is much appreciated and needed!

1. Cities will show a trade symbol ( 3 arrows looking similar to a recycle symbol) when they are getting trade bonuses, aka connected, with your capital. Connecting mines will do nothing for you, except cost you money, don't do it.

2. Bridges are built automatically over rivers when building a road after engineering( I think?) has been discovered. This will allow you to not get the movement penalty from crossing a river, which is all the rest of your movement.

3. The only danger of too much population is if you unhappiness gets too high. As long as you can support the happiness requirements of your civilization,there is no reason to not let it grow. More population = more science and more squares worked.

1. You will get a pop up when you've connected a city and formed a trade route.

2. In the city management screens, you can select avoid growth. The city governor will then do exactly what was mentioned; work tiles that get as close to stagnation as possible.

Thanks guys! One problem that I have had regarding connecting cities is that I build roads to connect the cities but I must have missed a road connection somewhere and I still haven't been able to connect more than one of my 6 cities.

Thanks guys! One problem that I have had regarding connecting cities is that I build roads to connect the cities but I must have missed a road connection somewhere and I still haven't been able to connect more than one of my 6 cities.

Easiest way to do this if you are having trouble is to put a worker in a city, and then use the worker command that builds multiple roads and click on the other city. He will do the rest.

If your capital is on a coast, build a Harbor there.
Build a Harbor in all coastal cities, and you won't need roads.
If the capital isn't on the coast, build the shortest road to a coastal city.

thx Yzman, I checked it out and I already had every city connected. :)

Does that answer your road question? If you reload a game, it will not show the connection until the start of your next turn. Also, if it "looks" like there is a road, it may not be completed. Mouse over the tile and it should say "road". If it does not, you need to complete it. When an "enemy" unit comes in range of a worker, the worker will stop "working" and you will have the option to move it. Sometimes, it may look like the work is done, and you do move it, but the work really is not done.

Top Bottom