[Map] Huge Earth

Yes, click on the multiplayer button, then set to private, then click on "Join" to select a slot.

View attachment 606257

Thanks, now I play one game with me starting in India - I will play on Empire difficulty do play role-playing a bit... (so take Asian cultures)
I still learn the game...

It will be interesting to see how AI colonises...

@Elhoim have you tried larger map sizes in game ?

I now the editor load up to 203x106 (larger start to show graphical glitches with base terrain not loading on the northern hexes), but before I start working on a Giant Earth (180x94), I'd like to know if you are aware of limitations for sizes > Huge.

@Elhoim have you tried larger map sizes in game ?

I now the editor load up to 203x106 (larger start to show graphical glitches with base terrain not loading on the northern hexes), but before I start working on a Giant Earth (180x94), I'd like to know if you are aware of limitations for sizes > Huge.

No, never tried it, and TBH the game visuals break quite a bit already on large maps with lots of districts. Maybe try a quick map for testing?

thanks, I'll do some testing then

Here is a map of my game as in turn 137 (of 300)

upload_2021-8-24_16-21-49.png

Nice AI Mongolia... (Nation difficulty)
I play as Medieval Khmer in India...

/I started a new in Nation diff. level, Empire was too much for me as newbie/

@Elhoim, very nice job! This definitely satisfies my craving. I know you're still working on the Huge Earth map, but I have a request. Have you thought about a Huge Europe map, with just Europe, N Africa and the middle east? Specifically, I would love to have for example 3 territories in Italy, 3 in Greece, etc.

I literally have over 1000 hrs spent on the YnAMP - Play Europe Again map in Civ6, so I would pay cash money to get a similiarly enormous map for Humankind. Just sayin!

@Elhoim, very nice job! This definitely satisfies my craving. I know you're still working on the Huge Earth map, but I have a request. Have you thought about a Huge Europe map, with just Europe, N Africa and the middle east? Specifically, I would love to have for example 3 territories in Italy, 3 in Greece, etc.

I literally have over 1000 hrs spent on the YnAMP - Play Europe Again map in Civ6, so I would pay cash money to get a similiarly enormous map for Humankind. Just sayin!

I might work on it at some point (or maybe Gedemon will!).

OK, I have my first HK game finished - on this Earth map - Metropolis difficulty, normal (300) speed.
Well, only one AI got to the last era with zero stars completed and won the game with ca. 6000 fame - I, well, got to mid-industrial... and finished 4th in fame (4800)...
I was doing techs at 5-7 turns rate...

I played as "Makeda" starting location at the NIle river - went Egyptian - A. Persian - Umay. - Umay. - Persian line

I think I have to learn the game - will go one level higher - so AI perhaps gets to the last era - and I will try...
EDIT: I will play slow (450) turns - as to fit more to the big map
EDIT2: I play with latest Beta build - is that matter on gameplay...?

Last edited:
Elhoim, I cannot enter with ship into the North American West Coast coastal area reaching there from the East (Pacific Ocean):
"Path is outside of the game area"

Then I went a bit south, reached ca. Californian "San Diego" and independent people - and their land I can enter - so there I can go up north along the coast, but not into ocean outside of their land area...

Yeah, there's a weird bug in which a territory becomes impossible to enter. It should have been to south and north pole "lines" the ones which get that status, but they don't. I'll try to fix it for the next version, but I fear it will crop up somewhere else.

Yeah, there's a weird bug in which a territory becomes impossible to enter. It should have been to south and north pole "lines" the ones which get that status, but they don't. I'll try to fix it for the next version, but I fear it will crop up somewhere else.
SeelingCat reported that with my the first version of the Giant Earth, and it appeared it was the territory with the last index. I added a new small ocean territory bordering the south pole line so it get the last index, and it unlocked the one that was previously locked.

SeelingCat reported that with my the first version of the Giant Earth, and it appeared it was the territory with the last index. I added a new small ocean territory bordering the south pole line so it get the last index, and it unlocked the one that was previously locked.

In my case it happens almost randomly, I had one last night in another map that wasn't the last index...

I finished my second game...

On Nation level - I finished 4th, with better fame: 6542 - Got into late Industrial era in techs, into Contemporary Era with zero stars
AI Beowulf won with 8715 fame, Cont. Era 3 stars...

One Ai had much more science than the rest and me - I think Wainong Sari was kind of near the end of the tree (?)
AI had not much military alive at the end - there were 3-4 AI wars in the game, not against me...
As money/turn, Arjuna had 1000/turn at the end... that was way more than the average lot
My industry was best, but not really high with ca. 2500 (6 cities), Ai had about 2000 as general

AI did well with colonization... got to all continents (I had North America, except Alaska)

Next I will go one level further up, same starting position, 450 turns - I still have to be better...

Top Bottom