Map layout, Terrain types, and features (For Map Script)

It would limit the habitable parts of a map alot, since terrae make up a large portion of the map. Not to mention it isn't very real-life. ;)

:hmm:

Well, let me know what I need to do Geo. I haven't messed with citysets much lately and this lunar set wasn't really designed to be a cityset originally.

Do these have basements that need to be extended or no basements at all?

Testing the mapscripts functionalities a bit. Need to recheck the intended stuff in it again before I can give usefull feedback.

On the graphics themself: Maria -and polar terrain is of course perfect. And the polar terrain appears on the spots where I asked it to: surrounded by mountain/terrae terrain. IMO, the "stubbed" look of the terrae terrain is nice, but it gives problems with the cityset buildings as they exist now. The hightdifference is too pronounced for the buildings size so either the terrain must be made more like a hill or we use bigger looking buildings which have a "basement" part as recommended by the cityset creators.
Personally, I'm in favour of the latter because the first-era cities will look more "digged" in the landscape then.

The craters and ejecta, well, I hope they're only filler terrain. :mischief: In any case I feel there's too little ejecta but since 2 features can't be on top of one another I guess their use is limited.
The rilles snake around just fine on the map, but I still wonder if the blue bottom is a result of my poor graphics card or a bug in their creation? Matthewv?
The domes look basically good, but I would "flatten" them a bit like a regular hill so they occupy the whole tile.

Btw, Matthewv, what sort of experiments were you doing with the resources? I noticed a whole bunch of new graphics but appearantly not used yet?

Yes, all crater, dome and ejecta, and rille artwork are fillers. All the features need to be "flattened" IMO to about half their current hight and proper textures made. I would also like to make the crater models more random looking (more like forests in vanilla civ)

The blue bottom rilles can easily be fixed with BtS. I could also fix it now but I would have to find the art file the is causing the blue bottoms (they appear fine on my computer).

I have done nothing with resourses yet.

How much building artwork has been done? If we already have a significant amount of buildings, don't bother adding basements. we'll just modify the terrea hight maps in order to get get the buildings to display nicely.

Top Bottom