• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Map "pings"? (BtS)

Goodgimp

Warlord
Since installing BtS, I've noticed that when I "ping" a map location in multiplayer to my allies, they can no longer see it. If they're viewing the same location on the screen, they see the big blue burst effect, but they get no notification that i'm pinging, and no little icon they can click on to go to the ping. Did this change in some way, and if so, how can I currently ping map locations to other players?

Another question... is there some kind of strategic overlay somewhere, where you can draw/mark things on the map?

Thanks!

Another question... is there some kind of strategic overlay somewhere, where you can draw/mark things on the map?

The same as with Civ4 and Warlords: go to globe view and select the second button above the minimap IIRC. You got a list of options for marking/deleting marks on the map.

Since installing BtS, I've noticed that when I "ping" a map location in multiplayer to my allies, they can no longer see it. If they're viewing the same location on the screen, they see the big blue burst effect, but they get no notification that i'm pinging, and no little icon they can click on to go to the ping. Did this change in some way, and if so, how can I currently ping map locations to other players?
My question exactly. ;) Thanks for posting.

Well, now there's some interference with the patrolling command for ships. If you try to ping with a ship active it get's the patrolling order. :sad:

Top Bottom