1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Map Script] Full of resources

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Map Scripts' started by Sto, Jan 2, 2006.

1. dommain

dommain Warlord

I am still not able to work with toroidal option with lakes. Its similar issue I had with Three kingdoms mod that I could not figure out. Sometimes it works, some times it does not.

Spoiler :
    def recognizeMOD() :
    global is_BtS_FFH2
    global is_BtS_FF
    global is_BtS_ROM

is_BtS_FFH2 = False
    if BtS and "Fall from Heaven 2" in modName : is_BtS_FFH2 = True

is_BtS_FFH2 = False
    if BtS and "Rise from Erebus" in modName : is_BtS_FF = True

is_BtS_FF = False
    if BtS and "Fall Further" in modName : is_BtS_FF = True

2. Sto

Sto Should i code today ...

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]is_BtS_FFH2[/COLOR] = False
    if BtS and "Rise from Erebus" in modName : [COLOR="Red"]is_BtS_FF[/COLOR] = True

You should have the same value. You have to replace the test for FfH2 or the one with FF (I guess the MOD don't use the animal civ like in FF so use the FfH2 one). Because you can't have 3 tests, you have to replace the FfH2 sentence or the FF sentence ... if not, the value will be reseted after being taken in count.

I don't know what you mean about the toroidal option of lakes ? what happen ? may you post the logs when you get the error please so i can figure what happened (like described in the first post of the thread).

Tcho !

edit : here the code

Spoiler :
    Code:
    def recognizeMOD() :
    global is_BtS_FFH2
    global is_BtS_FF
    global is_BtS_ROM

is_BtS_FFH2 = False
    if BtS and "Rise from Erebus" in modName : is_BtS_FFH2 = True

is_BtS_FF = False
    if BtS and "Fall Further" in modName : is_BtS_FF = True

3. dommain

dommain Warlord

When I select the option, no error happens. Half the time the north and south edges never connect.

4. Sto

Ok that's forced in the script by Sirian because of Soren wich didn't whant to have land at pole with lakes (don't know the reason).

Try the attachement where I removed remove water at poles for wrapY. Tell me if you ecounter a problem ... You have to copy the script and replace recognizeMOD() also (I've not understood if the MOD used the FF animal civ or not).

Tcho !

Attached Files:

5. exodustpa

exodustpa Chieftain

This map script does not seem to work with Total War mod for me, everytime i even try to select the map script i get a CTD immediately. Is this an error with my computer only or a compability issue with the Mod.

6. Sto

If you don't have any problem without the MOD. So this is a problem of compatibility with the MOD, language or a bug from the script enlighted by this MOD.

I will not been able to check that until I get back my copy of civIV. So Would you check if there is an error in "MapGenerationDbg.txt" located in "your documents/my games/civIV full of resources". Just look for "error" with notepad just after the crash (the file is overwritten on initialization).

Tcho !

Edit, sry you should look in "MenuDbg.txt" and not "MapGenerationDbg.txt".

7. exodustpa

exodustpa Chieftain

I didnt find any error in the file u asked me to look in. I attached a copy of it so you could take a look at it.

Attached Files:

8. Sto

Thank you for the logs ... There is a problem when reading xml. So I need to test that myself and I don't know when that will be possible sry. Perhaps the next week

Tcho !

9. dommain

dommain Warlord

If you could remove the water, could you pick how much water to be at the pole? Like to have 5 squares with ocean in the center line? I wanted the map to be like a box and that is the closest map script.

RIFE uses the animals and then some. It has at least a dozen more animals and each can have its own burrow.

10. MasterYodaFin

MasterYodaFin Chieftain

Attached Files:

11. Sto

the generation of Full of Resources with a big size of map take a long time. And while the generation you can't stop civIV and the status of the game is not responding. This is how civIV is made and not full of resources cause. There shouldn't be an endless loop with it. If the script crash, you go back to desktop (and this is the other log needed for generation ^^)

For the biggest size in RoM the script get more than 20 min to generate depending on the options chosen. The status bar won't refresh in this case so you will have always 20% done showned.

Tcho !

12. MasterYodaFin

MasterYodaFin Chieftain

K, thanks! I'll let it roll long enough next time.. ^^

13. gutenstagl

gutenstagl Chieftain

I've been having a problem where I set the value for tundra and ice at sparse, and when I generate the map the entire world is covered with tundra and ice. I'd like to not have to set it to remove these terrains completely...perhaps I am doing something wrong? I've using it with Rise of Mankind if that makes a difference.

14. Sto

Yes RoM is probably the source of the error in my script. Either if there is a bug in the script or a change in the terrain generation of RoM. would you post the map generation debug when you get the bug so i can check where in the script there is a problem please ?

Tcho!

15. Jabarto

Jabarto Emperor

I'm having a weird issue when using FOR with my personal mod. When I set up the map and go to select my leader/civ, after I make a selection, the dropdown menu turns grey and I can' select it again. The first time this happened I tried to start the game anyway, but when I clicked on "Start game", nothing happened. I tried to go back to the main menu, and nothing happened with that, either.

My mod isn't public yet, but here are the logs you need. The mod in question is called "JabMod" and is based off of REVDCM, if that matters.

16. Sto

thank you for the logs ... There is a problem probably with REVDCM since i don't think you have touch replay info or player activation. I try to recognize the current MOD by creating a dummy replay info of the active player -1 (the only way i've found to recognize the mod before game init). But there is a bug, so the active player is probably set to -1 and not reset to 1 (or any player in MP). I will reinstall civ4 soon and check that all. And at least make so there is not a bug with your MOD since there is no special impl for it.

Tcho !

Edit : you can try to launch FoR by commenting lines 12244 to 12272 (all the test that begin with "if not isPbemOrHseat :") if you want. The script will skip the mod recognization with the dummy replay info and try to recognize it only by xml.

17. bakshi

bakshi Prince

I just downloaded this script and was wondering how do I get it to work? So far I have tried and it seems I keep getting standard map resources.

18. Sto

If you get the screen when you select the script, have you change the resources settings ?
    By default the script generate a map close to default ones.

If you don't get the screen when you select the script, please post the logs like specified in the first post.

Tcho !

19. bakshi

bakshi Prince

Yes I got the screen and changed the resource thing to 150 happy 120 strat and like 170 food.

What numbers should I set those at to get a nice map with at least every city has about the same numbers as a capital on a normal map.

20. Sto

the numbers you have changed are the resources proportions. This is explained in the help button. That change the distribution of resources and not the quatity.

You have to choose first if you want to skip normal placement and add some res or replace all. Then you can add res by 3 way (or a combination of them):
    _ set a % of tiles filled with res.
    _ multiply some amount of existing res.
    _ place some extra res in different zones.

If you just want a little more res ... just set a percentage of tiles filled with res about 10% and play with it until you get what you want.

Tcho !