[Map Script] Full of resources

Yes RoM is probably the source of the error in my script. Either if there is a bug in the script or a change in the terrain generation of RoM. would you post the map generation debug when you get the bug so i can check where in the script there is a problem please ?

Tcho!

OK, doesn't look like the OP has posted the debug. I'm having the same problem that he was having (setting Tundra to 'sparse' and getting a LOT of tundra). Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get a 'map generation debug' to post. Could you (or someone) tell me how to do this, or point me to directions?

Also, I don't really understand the help files. (Probably more a problem with me than with the files!) I am getting hardly *any* horses on the map. How do I increase the appearance of specific resources (or even specific categories of resources)?

Again, like the OP, I am using RoM.

OK, doesn't look like the OP has posted the debug. I'm having the same problem that he was having (setting Tundra to 'sparse' and getting a LOT of tundra). Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get a 'map generation debug' to post. Could you (or someone) tell me how to do this, or point me to directions?

Also, I don't really understand the help files. (Probably more a problem with me than with the files!) I am getting hardly *any* horses on the map. How do I increase the appearance of specific resources (or even specific categories of resources)?

Again, like the OP, I am using RoM.

How to report a bug :

- please post a zip of "MapGenerationDbg.txt" and "MenuDbg.txt" located in "My documents\My Games\CivilizationIV Full of Resources" with the description of what happened. These 2 debug files are a great help to determinate a bug if I can't reproduce it.

This will give some infos to check what happened. Anyway i will reinstall civ this weekend and check that (and all). That' probably a recent change made in RoM i don't handle.

To generate more resources you have the choices in the resources tab :

_ generate default ones or not (just some little changes or redo all). if you choose to replace all res, you have to select %age of tiles you want some res.
_ multiply some res : select horse and put *3 for an example. but if horses are really scarse that's perhaps better to place one for each player.
_ add some starting res : select the res or type you want to add, the number and the zone you want to place them. (a resource is added if it can be placed for all players in this case)

Tcho !

This will give some infos to check what happened. Anyway i will reinstall civ this weekend and check that (and all). That' probably a recent change made in RoM i don't handle.

OK, here's the file. I generated it using ROM/AND, and set the Tundra to 'traces,' and it seems that tundra appears on most of the map. Also, I couldn't find any horses, if there were any.

To generate more resources you have the choices in the resources tab :

OK, I'm not whatchacall the sharpest knife in the drawer ... so, how do I set it so that a reasonable number of people (say, about half of us) get access to horses in the general vicinity of their start location?

Attachments

• CivilizationIV Full of Resources.7z
    23.6 KB · Views: 146
OK, I'm not whatchacall the sharpest knife in the drawer ... so, how do I set it so that a reasonable number of people (say, about half of us) get access to horses in the general vicinity of their start location?

the generation of resources depend a lot on the map and terrain so there is no magic settings. The starting location add res for all players so the best to have more horse but not too many is too multiply the number of horse ... and make some little tests on a small map.

You are running the version 3.00 of the script -> you should update it. The version of the script updated for RoM is 3.08. Anyway i don't see RoM in the list of mods so that should not work also. I will check that monday. But you can try that ^^.

Tcho !

You are running the version 3.00 of the script -> you should update it. The version of the script updated for RoM is 3.08. Anyway i don't see RoM in the list of mods so that should not work also. I will check that monday. But you can try that ^^.

I *think* I got the latest version of FoR and tried it again. Log files attached. Same problem, way too much tundra even though I set it to 'traces' (only), no horses that I can see.

Attachments

• CivilizationIV Full of Resources.7z
    15.5 KB · Views: 141
I *think* I got the latest version of FoR and tried it again. Log files attached. Same problem, way too much tundra even though I set it to 'traces' (only), no horses that I can see.

There is not the version in the logs and it seems you don't play a mod. What should I do with these logs ?

You have to run the mod with the settings that cause problems and send them after generation.

Tcho !

Edit : I've checked some maps whis RoM and Traces for setting for Tundra. I've got no problem.

I'm having a weird issue when using FOR with my personal mod. When I set up the map and go to select my leader/civ, after I make a selection, the dropdown menu turns grey and I can' select it again. The first time this happened I tried to start the game anyway, but when I clicked on "Start game", nothing happened. I tried to go back to the main menu, and nothing happened with that, either.

My mod isn't public yet, but here are the logs you need. The mod in question is called "JabMod" and is based off of REVDCM, if that matters.

I've checked REVDCM and I get no problem. So if you want me to check if there is a problem or adapt it you have to give a version of your MOD. Or warn me when it is released.

Tcho !

I didnt find any error in the file u asked me to look in. I attached a copy of it so you could take a look at it.

Total WAR mod have changed the way to generate resources and this is not simple to change. I need to redo all resource generation and this is far from easy.

Tcho !

version 3.11 :

- a change to recognize BtS for some steam version.
- removed the water at poles for lakes.
- include the most popular FfH mods to get the FfH tab.
- Fix a bug with starting locations for MODs with multiple barbarian civilizations.

Tcho !

FFH Wild Mana is adding deep ocean terrain. does the map script handle that?

I don't see any other terrain in the xml or when I try a default map. So i don't understand what you refer to. Try it and tell me if this is missing.

Tcho !

It is missing from the map generation in full of resources.

To see it you have to use the Erebus map generator so I think its part of the map script.

It is missing from the map generation in full of resources.

To see it you have to use the Erebus map generator so I think its part of the map script.

I also cannot get the resources to spawn into the lakes like I used to using the Chess map script. It seems to only be placing kelp forests and rocks.:confused:

I also cannot get the resources to spawn into the lakes like I used to using the Chess map script. It seems to only be placing kelp forests and rocks.:confused:

For the deep ocean. I've genrerated archipelago with FoR and got some.
For Chess i've generated a large sea setting with lots of water resources and got a normal chess map with some res in lakes. Either you got a bug (and i need the logs to check that if you can reproduce it) or kelp prevent some bonus to be placed (but i doubt about that).

Tcho !

I am trying to generate the water resources in RIFE. Selecting water as the option for the walls. None of the normal resources spawn into the wall of water any more like it used to but it spawns normally in the regular water generations. What logs do you need? I am not able to enable the python logs due to my installation never generating the civilization.ini

I am trying to generate the water resources in RIFE. Selecting water as the option for the walls. None of the normal resources spawn into the wall of water any more like it used to but it spawns normally in the regular water generations. What logs do you need? I am not able to enable the python logs due to my installation never generating the civilization.ini

Ok I got the same with RIFE also. and I don't understand why for the moment. I'll check that later.
To post logs for FoR, you don't have to enable logging. Just read the first post of the thread "how to report a bug".

Tcho !

I could not post one the original files because it was over several megs. I just started a new one and ran one map script. I notice I saw a haunted lands on water in one spot. This is supposed to be a land type terrain. I also have trouble having it connect from the Poles some times depending on which civilization is in the game but this map run did not lose it. If the civilization mods the terrain trough out the game or flavor terrain enabled in the game, I tend to lose the north and south polar wrap.

View attachment MapGenerationDbg.txt

View attachment _BtS_Rise from Erebus_currentConfig.cfg.txt

Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG

Does anyone know why I am not getting any Flood Plains on any of the maps I make with this script? I'm pretty sure its just something I turned off or tweaked a little, just not sure what; I don't see any option the specifically states that it will remove Flood Plains.

There is a option for percent of floodplains. The percent of desert that will be flood plains.

Does anyone know why I am not getting any Flood Plains on any of the maps I make with this script? I'm pretty sure its just something I turned off or tweaked a little, just not sure what; I don't see any option the specifically states that it will remove Flood Plains.

There is no such option. If you have a river with desert oyu should have flood plains. Do you have a desert with a river and no flood plain ? If that's the case i need the logs if you can reproduce the bug.

Tcho !

Top Bottom