[Map] TWC_Earth_256_x_128

Just an Update.

I'm running low on memory for the map. Good news is I found a job that I don't care for so, hopefully soon I can get more RAM.

Update,
Since many of you wanted me to add in resources, goodie Huts and Barbarians. If you still want it done, I have good news. I have been able to increase my memory to 2 GB.

So, please let me know if you still want this map.

Go ahead Flash, finish off what you started. :)

Seriously man, just quit coming on here and giving everyone an update on how you've been held up on making your map you've saying you would make for the past 6 months. Just delete your post on this "imaginary map" that obviouly will never be completed just like the rest of your maps. Everyone is sick of tired of your BS already. Get a freakly life and stop wasting everyone elses time with your BS.

Hey, Emperer,

I have a problem. ON a few game programs that are very graphic intensive, namely Civ IV, It was eating my RAM alive. I would track my memory usage by taskmanager. If (for instance) the memory got too low it might CTD. But then if I tried to restart the computer, whether it had crashed or not, It would not finish its restart cycle and hang. I would have to open the taskmanager to restart it. Then I would get a weird error saying the Explore.exe was not responding.

But once I got it to finish its second restart it was fine as long the memory didn't get too low. Now that I've increased the RAM I haven't had this problem again. Any suggestions? It really slowed down my progress.

Hey, Kronos

There are some very serious memory issues with this map that put it on hold.

Even before recently getting the memory I needed I was having problems keeping this thing from crashing my computer. While I'm sure I have some breathing room now, I'm not sure how long the map will be playable on 2 GB.

Before, It would leave me around 200 MB with reduced graphic settings on 1.5 GB. So, any intelligent person can see the problem.

Anyway, I will finish it soon. I'm finally getting over the stomache flu (I think). I only get to work on this thing part-time anyway.

Flash, I'm not too sure what your problem might be. Have you scanned your computer for spyware, viruses, etc? Of course, it could just be the colossal size of this project which is the problem. Are you still making it for vanilla Civ4, or for Warlords now? In either case, have you patched to the most recent version (1.61 for Civ4 and 2.08 for Warlords)? Doing so will probably help you out somewhat with memory issues, although admittedly it can't fix everything.

Perhaps if you're still really struggling to get the necessary memory to finish off this map, you could cut down the size a bit (perhaps 75% or something) and make a slightly smaller (though still massive!) version of the map while you wait for either more memory or Firaxis to provide some kind of better fix for the issue.

Kronos, if you don't like waiting, then it's simple - don't visit this thread. No-one's forcing you to come here and comment. ;) Yes, Flash has been a while on this thing, but he's also got a real life, and this is one colossal project to be undertaking. It'll be done when it gets done, but comments like that don't help anybody, that's for sure. :)

LP,

That was part of the slowdown on the project. I didn't realize the scope of the project. As released right now it is playable. All that is left for the player to do is open the cheat menu and add the resources and barbarians, but that takes up a lot !!! of memory.

As far as I can tell my spyware programs and anti-virus has come up clean. I've added 512 MB to my RAM just before I fell ill. So far the extra memory that now gives me 2 GB is doing okay.

Right now the map needs at least 1.5 GB to run. And it will require keeping tabs on your task manager and reduced graphic settings. It should run much longer between computer restarts with 2 GB.

And it will be for both vanilla and Warlords. It isn't a problem to convert between the two.

Please disregard my previous post, I was drunk and irritated about something, sorry to act like an idiot flash, im sorry

Kronos,
It's Okay.

Flash Have you ever tried playing Rhyes and Fall Of Civ Earth map? I made it avalible for multiplayer (Europe is larger). I will check your map out and if its ok with you I will add some civs and maybe post it online.

For those who have tested the map, by adding in barbs and resources through the cheat menu, I would like a few reports on memory issues. My 2 GB didn't cut the mustard too well. I hope the new GB I added helps.

Top Bottom