Map without mod

Kaxeon

Chieftain
Hi

I would love the ability to play on the giant earth map, but with the standard 34 civs (no israel, vikings instead of scandinavia, etc.) and no changes made to unit strengths, abilities, etc.

Is there such a version anywhere, or would it be possible to create?

Is there any possibility that I or someone else can modify the map to work with vanilla-BtS?

Is there any possibility that I or someone else can modify the map to work with vanilla-BtS?

It isn't quite what you had in mind, and you may have already known about it, but Genghis did make a stripped-down version of the map (it doesn't have the new world in it) a long time ago that worked without the mod - http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3757

It's pretty out of date and only has 18 civs in it, but it seems to work with BTS and it might fit the bill.

Hi

I would love the ability to play on the giant earth map, but with the standard 34 civs (no israel, vikings instead of scandinavia, etc.) and no changes made to unit strengths, abilities, etc.

Is there such a version anywhere, or would it be possible to create?

I made basically the same request already. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem very open to the idea :sad: . I'd love to play the full earth GEM with just the map no mod, too.

I made basically the same request already. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem very open to the idea :sad: . I'd love to play the full earth GEM with just the map no mod, too.

Thats a shame. I do not understand his reasons, but I'll have to respect it :)

You are welcome to make any customization of GEM for your own good. But you need to spent your own time to do it. I simply can't make customizations on every request.

Could you please make a clean version (without civs or mods) of the map for people making their own scenarios? Or if you have can you show me where it is (I looked and couldn't find it, but I see people making scenarios)?

Could you please make a clean version (without civs or mods) of the map for people making their own scenarios? Or if you have can you show me where it is (I looked and couldn't find it, but I see people making scenarios)?

There is no so called 'clean' version of GEM available. To play the maps, you need the 40 civ dll at the minimum. So that's what I am keep saying, if anyone wants to modify (include removing) anything of GEM, he/she has to spent his/her own time to learn what and how to do the things he/she wants to achieve. :)

I realize that; World 2008 mod could really use a "clean" (or whatever you'd call it) version, using the 40 civ DLL, as at least 35 (preferably more) civs need to be represented. There are ofcourse Carter's maps, but they're also linked - to Cartermod - and smaller. So, in short, a GEM map would be ideal. (I - and World 2008 mod team - also realize a 2008 scenario is in preparation for GEM.)

PS I wouldn't make the request if I could do it myself, but so far my skills are limited to map/WBS/xml editing mostly...

so far my skills are limited to map/WBS/xml editing mostly...

So do I ;)

There aren't much involved in GEM that is beyond your limit I suppose.

Er, OK, but I don't see myself making a Giant Earthmap. And since one is already out there, it'd be cool to have the basic map available for modders/other creators. (I'm not asking on my behalf, as I can't even get a GEM 1940 map to load, let alone a 2008/Giant map.) Or maybe that was just a polite way of saying NO...?

A clean map is rather easy ... I'm atm a bit short on time but if I reember to do so this weekend I might give it a try.

Its not like I havent tried, every map I've ever tried to clean ends up a 4000bc failure, I'd really like someone to do this.

OK, here is the GEM Ancient Ressources map, clean, with 18 civ slots, none of them set yet. This map can be played as is with vanilla BTS, but even better, should be a good start for modifying this map for other mods.

Attachments

• GiantEarthMap AncientResource v5.1-clean.zip
    74.5 KB · Views: 909
:goodjob: , Bastian-Bux! (You might want to upload this one in the Earthmaps DL section, crediting Genghis_Kai ofcourse!) ;)

Top Bottom