[Vanilla] Mapping Civilization VI (Base Game up to the SEA DLC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colour combo in the Philippines was just a case of me working though it alphabetically and starting with America first before Spain

So it turns out Brazil has a lot of cities

Spoiler :

Also another preview - if you have ever wondered if Carthage will make it into the game, then the Rome city list gives a good indication

Spoiler :

I wouldn't say it's a sure thing, but they definitely left the door open for them.

and at least one other, but you'll get to see that in a day or two

Also another preview - if you have ever wondered if Carthage will make it into the game, then the Rome city list gives a good indication

Spoiler :

That's a lousy city list for Rome. I understand leaving areas blank for Carthage and the Byzantines, but I would've liked more city names from Britannia, Gallia, and Hispania. Unless Britannia and Gallia are lacking in city names because they will go to the upcoming blob Celtic Civ. :rolleyes: I also find the choice of Artaxata and Palmyra strange (no Armenia or Palmyra Civ :cry:).

I see France has Rennes in Brittany. Were Breton cities part of the Celts list in Civ V? Or did the Civ V Celts list call it Roazhon?

To your surprise about the many flooded cities in Nubia: when the 2nd Aswan Dam was built, there were extensive excavations in Lower Nubia and those were published over the years. Upper Nubia didn't get the same amount of attention. So to many people, the lower Nubian now lost settlements are more known and famous than the ones in Upper Nubia simply because of that. It would have been possible to add quite some settlements southwards of Meroe. I'm more surprised that they went with ancient cities only, I would have included some of the medieval ones like Dongola as well.

To Parsa and Pasargadae: I think the Parsa usually refers to the region, Pasargadae to the city, but I might be wrong.

To Arabia: You are correct, Halab is jut the Arabian name for Aleppo, both are the same city.

To Germany: I'm surprised that if they chose cities based on the leader as well, we don't see cities that were German at that point and important, like Danzig (Gdansk), Basel or Vienna. The city of Worms, however, is a good indication that the leader is important for the selection.

Great Work!

Last edited:
I see France has Rennes in Brittany. Were Breton cities part of the Celts list in Civ V? Or did the Civ V Celts list call it Roazhon?

I remember it still being called Rennes in the Celtic city-list.
That whole list was a mess, rotating between Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, Manx and Brittany. It had some insignificant towns on the list. I would have like the ancient names for the Brittonic and Gallic settlements instead.

It's strange to see that Orleans is missing in the french city list...
And no Munich for Germany...
But I like the fact that in the Spanish city list there are some colonial towns like Manila and Havana

Last edited:
I remember it still being called Rennes in the Celtic city-list.
That whole list was a mess, rotating between Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, Manx and Brittany. It had some insignificant towns on the list. I would have like the ancient names for the Brittonic and Gallic settlements instead.

Right. I thought I remembered them rotating between the 6 modern Celtic states.

So, it would seem that England's city-list omits cities in Wales, Cornwall, Scotland, Ireland, and Manx, but France does have one city in Breton.

On one hand, that's a mixed signal. On the other hand, they may be more inclined to use Breton names for any cities in Brittany. Or they might be planning on an Irish, Scottish or Welsh civ, but not Brittany.

It is also worth mentioning that it is explicitly an English civ, not British. Therefore we shouldn't expect to see any Scottish, Welsh, Manx or Irish cities, regardless of whether they're planning to include them in a Celtic civ or not.

I don't think any Civ game has included, say, Edinburgh or Cardiff on the English city list, because that would be... wrong :p.

It is also worth mentioning that it is explicitly an English civ, not British. Therefore we shouldn't expect to see any Scottish, Welsh, Manx or Irish cities, regardless of whether they're planning to include them in a Celtic civ or not.

I don't think any Civ game has included, say, Edinburgh or Cardiff on the English city list, because that would be... wrong :p.

Do Wales and Cornwall have separate administrative entities from England? Scotland has its own Parliament, right? Or are they simply different national identities huddled under the English umbrella?

In any case, as bite mentions in his link, the city lists more fully recognize the state of the civ under its leader. Were Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Manx, and Cornwall self-administrating under Victoria?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom