Mapping Humankind

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator
This is probably one of the more difficult things I have charted, but after several failed starts I bring you all of Humankind mapped out (including the two DLCs)

You can also see the Humankind Cartographic Educational Database

Last edited:

bite

Super Moderator

bite

Super Moderator

Solovey

Chieftain
Great job, but you put Teuton incorrectly - they originated from Eastern Prussia what is where Kaliningrad city is (that region has been occupied by Russia since 1945).
Also you use modern Germany borders for the industrial era Germany what also differs.

bite

Super Moderator
Great job, but you put Teuton incorrectly - they originated from Eastern Prussia what is where Kaliningrad city is (that region has been occupied by Russia since 1945).
Also you use modern Germany borders for the industrial era Germany what also differs.

Yes, that is one interpretation of Teutons, but it is not the one the game is using when you see the city list - Achen, Magadoburg, Mentze, Cölln, Wurms, Spire, Francofurt, Regenspurg, Strazburg, Lübecke.

With Germany, I used the modern political boarders when using a country with the same name as one today, it was an easier option than to wade into the area of modern territory disputes [something that 100% happened with my Civ map]

Last edited:
I can confirm what bite is saying: The "Teutons" in game refers basically to the HRE. However, "Holy Roman Empire" breaks the naming convention of cultures, and we also were not fond of how it would imply a certain form of government regardless of the player's choice of government civics. We considered "Germans" for a while, but weren't happy adding another duplicate (We are already not happy with having two Egypts), and in the end we settled on Teutons in reference to the HRE sometimes also being referred to as "Sacrum Imperium Romanum Natio Teutonica" (which, ultimately, just means "Holy Roman Empire of German(ic) nations"

Solovey

Chieftain
Yep,
You guys are correct - they use HRE city names.
More shame - they use Eastern Prussia graphics when selecting a nation. Quite a mess, haha :) That actually what made me thinking about Teutons in my way - you see that image in every game when you selecting medieval era and to see the city name - they have to be selected and to build a city in medieval.

But I can't agree on modern borders - we have historical borders for "ancient" countries although Iran is Persia, etc. Why don't doing it for Bismark Germany and so on?

Top Bottom