1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Maps & Scenarios

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by DRJ, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

For the Desert Plant map, you don't need any specific civ. They are just choosen in a way that every region is represented. could you have a look at this scenario and maybe change the civs you removed with civs still in game?

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I dont want anything to do with the Desert map sorry, that is completely Hydro's stuff.

3. Harrier

Harrier Deity

SO - would you like me to provide a SEM version without the custom civs, for inclusion in the SVN? Should not take long to do - will just need to check that the Aztecs are not to powerfull without a rival (If they are, I could add the Mayans back).

Should not be to difficult to keep both versions up to date.

4. strategyonly

How many Custom Civ are in there on the map?

5. Harrier

Harrier Deity

There are 6 on the map and another in the Custom Civs folder.

N. America.
    Iroquois
    Apache

S. America.
    Tupi
    Jivaro

Oceania.
    Aborigines
    Maori

(plus Polynesia - for art defines)

6. strategyonly

Let me see if i can pull a trick or 2 out of my hat. :hatsoff:

EDIT: OK try this, this way you dont have to use the Custom Civs or have them attached.. (I didnt try it, so if it doesnt work, let me know.

7. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Sorry that did not work. The custom civs do not show up in the Civ. selection menu at game start, neither did they show up in the Civilopedia.

The game did load but CTD first turn (I selected Asoka [team 0]). Looking at the file - a few typo's (I know you rushed this test - so no worries). But because of the second sentence above - I did not bother trying to correct them.

Were you trying to assign civs with similar traits and trying to change name and flag details etc. My guess is you would have recieved the units etc. of the donor civ not the correct ones.

Nice try and thanks.

So would you like a cut down version with no custom civs. Keeping both uptodate is a simple cut and paste over a copy of any new version I make. :cool:

8. strategyonly

I believe i know what i did wrong, duh, let me work on it, and i will post a newer one later. sorry.

EDIT: OK i figured it out and this time i tried it out and it works fine, you might have to re-do what you want in the options area though. And again this is withOUT the Custom Civs folder.

One thing i did get an error with is its says: BONUS_MUSHROOM, is not correct??
    "Can't find type enum for type tag BONUS_MUSHROOM"

9. Harrier

Harrier Deity

I missed the S at the end of the word on one of the plots (x=54,y=42). Should be MUSHROOMS.

By the way the Iroquois are a custom civ. so the game CTDs if you select them.

Although this method places civs on the map with the correct tribe name etc. You do not get the correct culture type (so no Oceanic culture). Also city names and flags are different. Not sure what other effects it may have on units or buildings.

Thank you for the effort but personally I would prefer to keep using custom civs. I will also prepare a cut down version, with no customs and post it later along with your fuller version.

10. strategyonly

Actually NO Iroquois are NOT a custom Civ.

Look at the CivInfo file and you will see Iroquois there with all the other civs.

And yes you are correct, but if you want it in the normal C2C, then it has to be withOUT the Custom Civs, so what i did was normal gameplay, and yes things are moved around but you still get the same feeling as playing those civs.

11. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

Why is this Hydro's stuff? I made it. I just wanted to know if it can be fixed when you'd change all the civs to civs that are definetly in game. Or how else you could fix it.

12. Harrier

Harrier Deity

The reason that I thought they were, is that they had a folder in the old custom civs folder.

Edit:

OK figured out what caused the crashs, me. I had been playing an existing game which required the old custom civs. and had forgotten to replace it before testing your changes. Of course all the civs worked fine except for the Iroquois. They were looking at the custom civ folder.

I want to make a couple of minor changes to the map itself, then I will post it in the first post of the new sem thread.

13. strategyonly

You dont have to use the one o made, just re-tune it and make it YOUR own ok, as you can see with Notepad, now how to do it, that way its TOTALLY your stuff, ok.

14. Harrier

Harrier Deity

That is what I intend to do.

I will support two versions. One standard C2C compatible and the other with custom civs. The map for both will be the same. Only the civs used will be slightly different. Simple copy/paste to second map.

The standard one will use the changes you made too keep the missing civ locations in the game. This you can add to the SVN if you want too.

The other will require the player overwriting the Custom Civs folder.

15. strategyonly

Sounds like a plan to me :p;)