1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Maps & Scenarios

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by DRJ, Jul 13, 2011.

1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I just passed this on to an Admin and to a Moderator, hopefully they can get it done and correctly, here's hoping.:please::please:

2. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I hope those are ok. They were just off the top of my head. Not sure if you think "C2C Strategy and Tips" is needed or that we should have another type of section such as "C2C Ideas and Suggestions". The PM was more of a "what if" than a request. If they are ok then cool beans.

3. strategyonly

@Hydro:

Ok i tried the mapscript you said you always play on "C2C_PerfectWorld2f", now i remember why i dont anymore, or is it just "me" as usual, i dont get enough animals showing up, infact hardly any?? You?? ANd i am on a "huge" map.

EDIT: I think i figured out why, the mapscript places ALL the civs on ONE Continent and leaves all the others W-I-D-E open, just does seem right, IMO.

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

You can set them not to be on all one continent. There are custom game options.

As for animals I run into lots of animals in my games. It must be you. :p

5. wolfman1234

wolfman1234 King

Is there any scenario made for this great mod? Or something planned? I have seen a lot of maps, for epic games, but no scenarios.

6. strategyonly

So when are you going to update this to the current NEW terrain, alot of changes since last time????

7. Lexotan_sedlex

Lexotan_sedlex Warlord

Hello,

The GEM maps need change the start year. Actually starts at 12000 BC but this is wrong because at turn 500 in eternity gamespeed we are in 6000 AD. If start around 40000 BC i think will work well.

8. strategyonly

What C2C mapscript(s) is the best one for just : Small Lakes, quite a few rivers but mainly just grassland/mountain etc and very little desert, i just dont remember at this time, (i believe its all the medicine i am taking).

9. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

Does the planet generator 06 (can't remember the name) work properly. Like will it include all of c2c terrain etc?

Is anything recommended apart from C2C_PerfectWorld2f, like how about giant big and small map or custom continents or archipelago? Do these all use c2c terrains properly etc?

10. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

All the scripts I converted back then should place the C2C terrains but depending on how the script in question works some do it better than others.

11. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

12. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

Any remember the SMACX map of planet?
    Spoiler :

Was thinking this should be made into a scenario. Maybe instead of fungal bloom areas, put in some barb cities. Instead of stuff like the crater and the monsoon jungle, have certain resources that only exist in those areas.. hmm would be fun to make this tho.
    Its a great map in terms of the layout.
    Lots of coral and lots of 'coastal' water not ocean, so you can still travel between the continents b4 astronomy.

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Many of the terrains from the SMAC mods have been converted to c2c.;)

14. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

Was just thinking, you know how in SMACX you can have huge mountains (as in altitude) that would gradually rise up and hence valleys, and on one side of these would be lush terrain and the other barren.
    How come civ4 never had this 'altitude' feature. As in a hill/mountain that gets higher and higher over many tiles not just one. not just Its one of the coolest things, especially how it makes your artillery more effective when they're are shooting from higher altitudes.

15. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

16. Epi3B1rD

Epi3B1rD Chieftain

Is there any way for someone to create a PerfectWorld2 Map Generation script that doesn't fill up most of the continents with desert?

17. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

You can do it yourself. Just change the option values that are at the start of the PW2 map script. In this case that is what you should change:
    #How many land squares will be below desert rainfall threshold. In this case,
    #rain levels close to zero are very likely to be desert, while rain levels close
    #to the desert threshold will more likely be plains.
    self.SaltFlatsPercent = 0.03
    self.DunesPercent = 0.08
    self.DesertPercent = 0.15
    self.ScrubPercent = 0.20

#How many land squares will be below plains rainfall threshold. Rain levels close
    #to the desert threshold are likely to be plains, while those close to the plains
    #threshold are likely to be grassland.
    self.RockyPercent = 0.28
    self.BarrenPercent = 0.35
    self.PlainsPercent = 0.55
    self.GrasslandPercent = 0.8
    self.LushPercent = 0.9
    self.MuddyPercent = 0.96

The values need to go from 0 to 1 and need to be kept in the same order (so the rocky value needs to be smaller than the barren value and so on).

18. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Should the default values on the SVN for that perhaps be different? Because this seems to be a recurring complaint about the PW2 mapscript.

19. strategyonly

Actually that would be nice, it also has a little too much Thundra for "me."

20. strategyonly

OK here is a semi-tough one.

Must be playing SVN 4612 or later.

You are in the mid-Classical Era, you ARE the Navajo Tribe, you have taken over two cities of the Tupi Tribe, just lost one recently and in one turn could lose the other, but then you have your Assassin's OUT in full force, and ready to take over the one you lost earlier.

You are surrounded by the Tupi, the Greek and Barbarian Armies, and they are almost "everywhere" just ready to pounce on you when you move. You are surrounded North, East West and South with enemy units.

As Hulk Hogan would say, "What you gonna do, Brother."

Attached Saved Game, with your choice how to play, but you MUST have all of DH's modules activated, even the ones he has off in the MLF, this is a must. Otherwise it wont work.

You are not even in the TOP 8?? Boo Hoo!!:blush::rolleyes::eek::p:trouble: