Maps

brewgod

Prince
Hello Civ 6 Fans

Is it just my bad luck or do others have this happen in games too?

I have my setting for islands on a huge map or continents on huge map setting with only a few AI Civs to compete against and with in 20 turns or 30 I come to see I have 2 or 3 out of the 5 Civs on my doorstep. The map is on huge but yet the AI is starting right next to me. If you play continents on huge map there should be several continents? in the game yet 75% of the AI are next to you.

Is this normal? Or am I missing something / over reacting?

Thanks
Brew God

Hello Civ 6 Fans

Is it just my bad luck or do others have this happen in games too?

I have my setting for islands on a huge map or continents on huge map setting with only a few AI Civs to compete against and with in 20 turns or 30 I come to see I have 2 or 3 out of the 5 Civs on my doorstep. The map is on huge but yet the AI is starting right next to me. If you play continents on huge map there should be several continents? in the game yet 75% of the AI are next to you.

Is this normal? Or am I missing something / over reacting?

Thanks
Brew God

I've only been creating maps of standard size, standard number of civs, continents, and the civs have been very uniformly distributed. Almost ridiculously so, with each civ have room to carve out a 10 to 15 city empire. They often start close together, but have enough hinterland to expand into to create their own space.

Based on your experience, I'd speculate that the seeding system does not adjust for the smaller number of civs on your maps, and therefore does not try to spread them out over the available space, but simply identifies suitable starting positions and drops them in as identified.

It seems so....

It's often there's always civs packed together on normal sized maps; sometimes even larger. Enough to be annoying.

It seems pretty legit random to me; sometime I get what you describe, other times I will be on a large-ish island (continent, really, I suppose, since I only play on Large Continents map) by myself with no city states, which to me is boring and I restart once I realize it.

My larger issue is with jungle, er, rainforest. It seems I have to restart 10, 15 times anymore to not get a starting site that is almost covered in rainforest, or is half that and half desert.

All in all, the Restart button is definitely what has kept me from giving up on this game. I kind of understand those players who say they like a challenging start, but to me, what nomadic people wanting to settle down for the first time would pick what the game gives us on 2/3 (at least) of the starts?

I usually play default settings although I will add a couple of city states to the total. Inevitably, I will get at least one, usually two or more civs within 10 tiles from my capitol. Drives me nuts, because I leaves room for maybe one or two cities to settle, if I am lucky and quick enough. And then I have to listen to the ai whine about how close I am settling. :mad:

Top Bottom