1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MapScript] Erebus Continent

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Seven05, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Well, it'll take about 10 seconds longer to generate than a standard sized map :)

Depending on the mod (I'll assume Wild Mana for you) you'll end up light on the jungles since you'll only have 1 civ out of 21 with a preference there. Deserts and tundra will also be reduced due to the relatively low number of civs prefering those climates.

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

worked fine, aside from the fact that it made flavourstarts freak out and throw python exception for some reason. it's working fine now, I'll try that again later to see if it's consistent :lol:

3. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

will "modify settings" and "override settings" mess up the great plains option?

4. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

No, but they can both reduce deserts resulting in fewer plains, if that counts as messing it up :)

I'll have a new version soon, hopefully with Orbis support. I've also changed the way jungles are placed making them less dependant on temperature and more dependant on rainfall. This helps spread the jungles out and makes it possible to get some jungles when using the minimal settings regardless of the shape and placememnt of the landmass.

5. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

sounds great, especially for the Orbis people :D

6. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

I'm more excited about the jungles :)

Instead of only appearing in the warmest 20% (or so) of the map they can appear in the warmest 30% (or so) of the map but require about 30% more rainfall than previously. The results are pretty good too, with some scattered jungle clusters along the coasts and then some larger jungle regions in the areas with the heaviest rainfall. But, nothing like before where the entire southern end of the map was covered in jungles since it's pretty likely that you have some clusters of regular forests in there.

7. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

bring it on :goodjob:

8. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

2.62 is up.

If somebody can see if it works with Orbis I would appreciate it. I added support for Orbis' Crystal Plains to see if that solves the crashes.

Also, this has the jungle changes in. I ran several tests and never ended up with a map completely missing jungles even with them at the minimal setting (not off though). I also added a quick modification to the flavor start options so that marsh plots are always converted to grassland around starting plots, this helps as you'll find many civs more willing to start near jungle with the new placement rules for jungles since it isn't always in massive clusters.

9. dusckr87

dusckr87 Chieftain

I just tried it and had a CTD using "Play Now" and all settings at default.

10. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

thanx, I'll try it out :goodjob:

11. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Hmm... Orbis hates me :)

Thank for trying, I'll have to find something else that's breaking it then...

12. Milaga

Milaga Chieftain

Version 2.00 of ErebusContinent is included with Orbis and works fine. So it's probably something you added, not something you didn't include.

That should help narrow down things a bit.

13. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Actually, that version of ErebusContinent was edited by Opera (I think; Can't remember, may have been Ahwaric) for Orbis.

14. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

It was edited by somebody else, there were a few changes that were marked by comments and I found one that wasn't, hopefully that'll fix it :)

15. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

And, 2.63 is up with (hopefully) support for Orbis. Looks like Orbis has "TERRAIN_WETLAND" instead of "TERRAIN_MARSH" so I just added a quick check to replace marsh with wetland if there is no marsh terrain. Placement rules are identical to marshes, not sure if that is accurate for Orbis but I'll worry about that once it works ;)

16. dusckr87

dusckr87 Chieftain

See my post in the Orbis thread.

17. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Well, that's good news, I've update the first post taking out the warning about crashes in Orbis. If somebody could be so kind as to upload the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file from Orbis I can add in propper support for any new (or renamed) civs as well.

18. dusckr87

dusckr87 Chieftain

See below.

Attached Files:

19. Wodan

Wodan Chieftain

20. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Can you start with that civ, I thought they were spawned later?