MapView 2.0 - Civilization 4 Editor

See working "Rise of Mankind" wbs files for special keywords that might be required. Mods could add keywords mapview is not aware of and doesn't know about. Mayb something is missing there. I m not experienced in such things ... mayb you need to ask this as question not related to mapview in the general mod forums?

Great to hear you like it and it seems to work quite good.

I figured it out. It added info in the "ModPath" line near the top of the WBS. I deleted that and it worked like a charm.

Greyhound, how do you directly place different varieties of forests (evergreen, decidious, snowy)?

If you can't at this time, that would definitely be something I reccomend, and if I have to do artwork for them I'll post it

Kevin

Wow, this looks like a great utility. :goodjob: Its too bad I can't use this on a mac and Crossover doesn't like Visual C++. :sad:
I'm learning Objective C/Cocoa right now, though, so I may have some questions for you once I get the language down. ;) (My eventual goal is to make a Map editor for Macs.)

Edit: Just curious, what kind of Framework did you use to build the GUI?

Greyhound, how do you directly place different varieties of forests (evergreen, decidious, snowy)?

If you can't at this time, that would definitely be something I reccomend, and if I have to do artwork for them I'll post it
Kevin

Yes you're correct. Variety placement is not possible yet. It would be great if you did some artwork for the missing feature varieties. I don't have any gfx work done but the ones you can currently find inside the application.

Wow, this looks like a great utility. :goodjob: Its too bad I can't use this on a mac and Crossover doesn't like Visual C++. :sad:
I'm learning Objective C/Cocoa right now, though, so I may have some questions for you once I get the language down. ;) (My eventual goal is to make a Map editor for Macs.)

Edit: Just curious, what kind of Framework did you use to build the GUI?

Thx ..

Libraries used by the application are:
- wxWidgets (GUI)
- tinyXML (Own Map API XML parsing)
- freetype2 (text rendering in the opengl window)
- devIL (opengl texture loading, texture atlases)

I made icons and textures for the following resources:

Rubber
Apples
Salt
Olives
Obsidian
Tobacco

They're not that great, but they're better than question marks. :)

I made icons and textures for the following resources:

Rubber
Apples
Salt
Olives
Obsidian
Tobacco

They're not that great, but they're better than question marks. :)

Thanks a lot. I repacked them to fit the MapView folder structure anbd linked them in the main post.

You're right, everything else but questionmarks is useful. Feel free to improve them ;D

Is there a way to change the size of map generated by pic2map?

No, the current size is fixed. I have that quite on my priority list of things to do tho.

But you can trick the algorythm to get your result anyway.
Play with resizing the image canvas .. (don't scale the image itself, just the canvas it sits on) and letting mapview generate the map. Now you can work with copy and paste and paste the correct parts of the map into a map of the desired dimensions. Just do some calculations on how you need to rescale the image.

Pic2map will always create 128 tile wide maps and take the aspect ration from the input picture.

Small request I hope.
MapView drops the following territories from colonization maps when saving.

13:51:51: Unknow or unexpected line(18879): EuropeType=EUROPE_EAST
13:51:51: Unknow or unexpected line(18885): EuropeType=EUROPE_WEST
13:51:51: Unknow or unexpected line(18891): EuropeType=EUROPE_NORTH
13:51:51: Unknow or unexpected line(18897): EuropeType=EUROPE_SOUTH

Is there a way you could make it leave these territories in the xml instead of deleting them?
In a side note. What is the largest size map supported by col or civ iv? Or is that a function of the amount of RAM a user has?

Small request I hope.
MapView drops the following territories from colonization maps when saving.

13:51:51: Unknow or unexpected line(18879): EuropeType=EUROPE_EAST
13:51:51: Unknow or unexpected line(18885): EuropeType=EUROPE_WEST
13:51:51: Unknow or unexpected line(18891): EuropeType=EUROPE_NORTH
13:51:51: Unknow or unexpected line(18897): EuropeType=EUROPE_SOUTH

Is there a way you could make it leave these territories in the xml instead of deleting them?
In a side note. What is the largest size map supported by col or civ iv? Or is that a function of the amount of RAM a user has?

Hi,
i've written this down. Currently there is no way to keep this settings. The keyword is not understood so the info get's lost in the moment mapview parses the file.

Max size supported is hardcoded 400x400

OK and thanks for suce a great tool!

On a side note is there a maximum map size supported by civ iv? I know 400x400 is map views max.

would this work for colonization 4?

Yes and no .. you can do a lot of things with Mapview that will help you work on Colonazation maps but the result will definately need some touches afterwards to get them actually playable/loadable.

hey gr3yhound what is the landscape plugin do?

Hey you,

the landscape plugin provides opportunities to place "Hill", "Flatland", "Below Sea Level" and "Peak" on maps. It also comes with an automatisation feature that will ensure that water field have the correct plottype. Same for land-tiles.

It should be included as stock plugin in the current release if i remember correctly. Some parts are available by the toolbar menu and some other features should be available by the menu bar. (Plugins-> Lanscape Placer --> "features")

Also: I've read you pm, i didn't do much on that issue recently. I didn't forget about it tho, it's just a slow progress atm.

Thumbs up,

greetings ;D

Top Bottom