Marsh Can't be cleaned

whatever_du

Chieftain
OK I have this game where what I'm trying to do is to buil a new town in Aztec territory (I'm at War and pretty much everybody as an alliance with me except for the Maya that you'll see in the lower right corner of the screenshot. So i want to build my city before takin' the city cause then the CXXC city where I am on the screenshot will turn to the Maya. But I can't clear The wetland Marsh with My workers... What is Happening ?!?

Marsh.JPG

Waiting for answers soon So I can continue playing without mistake

(Once again If my english isn't clear enough just ask questions, I'm doin' my best)

You cannot clear the marsh because it is in rival territory.

It never says it, but the only improvement you can do in rival territory are roads, IIRC.

OK well I just learned that ... But have you seen where I wanted to establish a city CXXC ! That was hell ! I just took the city and here is how it looks now

Missed Marsh.JPG

I managed to buy(under monarchy) Library and Temple to at least get the oil source, the Red spot is still a good spot for CXXC if I get to war with the Maya Thought ..

and now the spot is in mayan territory. you still can't clear it, it is not neutral or your own territory. also, if it wasn't a marsh and you tried to build a city there, you would declare war on the mayans. not recommended if they are showing off their new, shiny tanks (which they probably are) while your cities are guarded with riflemen.

Top Bottom