Master of mana updates

Noctane

Chieftain
Just thrown away some converted units, and got a "glorious victory".
After a quick test, it seems like a level 1 unit winning a <20% win chance fight gets 50exp and a full equipment set at random.
Trash equipment* seems more common, but got a legendary sword once so...
*The poisons "potion" seems to be considered a trash one, considering the frequency with which it appeared. I wonder if getting a blood of the dragon is possible...

I always literally deleted my converted units before.
Not anymore.

kentt86

Chieftain
wow, thanks for keeping the mod alive, it is still my favorite game and mod even after the CIV VI released years ago.

Joey Diamond

Chieftain
I got a GFC error from the latest build for some reason.

I use Civilization IV Complete from GoG.

kentt86

Chieftain
there is an issue where Kuriotates city unable to manually assign to work at the third plots at the top, as it is blocked by the city happiness and healthy panel. Is there any way to zoom out?

Felis catus

Chieftain
You may have to increase the value of the FoV(field of view). It is a slider located at the top right corner of the main map.

Lord Meire

Chieftain
Oh neat! If you're taking suggestions, I've always thought it was weird that all the religions get a civic all to themselves except the Overlords who are somehow still "agnostic" despite literally being called cultists. And also it's kind of weird to have so many units with no ability to upgrade be eligible for that one promotion that makes upgrades 33% cheaper.

Also, as a bug report, Crown of the Martyr doesn't actually lower the armageddon counter, I had a Jotnar Wielder of Arms wearing that thing kill like 3 dozen goblins to no effect.

Aiblis

Chieftain
Hi, sweet to see that the mod is kept alive and that some very old balance problems and bugs are slowly solved.

I have a long idealist in google docs. I kind of wanted to do something similar like you are doing now, cleaning up the mod and keeping it alive, but never began besides two module factions.
Maybe some things give you ideas etc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fwpWXFWEtViwUvxoKC-wZzEB8rZC5hjg3k2YtazjYrY/edit?usp=sharing

Module factions:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/module-risna-slavehunter-civilisation.668537/
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/module-aos-ni-sira-forest-beasts-civilisation.668877/

If you want, you are more than free to include them in your new version.
I have added a slave mechanic into the Risna Civ Module that may be sweet to include as a general feature into the Slaver guild in the future and just keep a stronger version for the Risna.

I have no experience in Python or the more complex modding of Civ4, but the whole XML stuff is easy I think.
The major point in many of the points in my "todo" list where that it would require to reorganize some XMLs to make certain tags available for old wonders, etc.

If you slowly improve the game, I may begin it as well again and maybe could help out with stuff here and there if wanted.
No idea how you are working and how you organize yourself of course :)

kentt86

Chieftain
i think The Nexus, or the Obsidian Gate is not working, the game will crash when you use the teleport feature.

Soulmate

Warlord
Downloaded the master branch and after 3 different attempts finally got all the files(presumably).

How to actually launch this? Even after renaming the folder to Master of Mana the mod simply doesn't launch. It starts loading and then nothing happens while I stare at the desktop,(the civ 4 still running in the background in the task manager)

Would appreciate some guidance on how to solve this, thanks!

Last edited:

Sneetis

Chieftain
Are you sure the thing is in the right folder? You might have to dig a little. Otherwise I'm not sure, what could be the problem.

I used the version someone compiled on the moddb and it works. Unfortunately now I'm getting occasional in game crashes that seem entirely random. :(

grecays

Chieftain
Hello, the bleeding is not removed by full healing, although it should according to the description. How can this error be corrected?

Top Bottom