Master of Myrror returns!

Naturally I forgot to thank all you guys who've helped me. Thank you.

Yes, I'll be around. Checking the site and the thread on a constant basis. It's the modding work that feels like too much right now. The last two weeks as a parent have been a bit rougher than usual so that has had its effect as well. Don't really want to do any extra work when you're already fed up with all your responsibilities. :) But things are already looking lighter and I do believe that I can get some modding done during the summer.

First of all let me say this is an amazing mod. I loved MOM back in the day and this is even better in my opinion. Your mod is amazing there simply isn't enough good things to say about it. At one time I was upset because I couldn't play civ4 anymore for the time being but with this to keep my occupied I won't even miss it. Anyway, as I am currently downloading the Arcanus beta I was wondering if you still want reports of bugs and such or if you wanted us to wait until you really start up on the mod again. Even if you don't continue I have to say thank you for the work you have done it is simply marvelous.

btw- How is the master's going?

Darn it.. the '3D download' for these Master of Myrror II Sequel & Arcanus final betas in @Drift 's first post is no longer working and takes you to some lovely site that wants to install a 'repair tool' on your pc... hmmm no thanks!

@Node60 saved our bacon with his full hosted backup of Master of Myrror 1.0, 1.01, 2.0 beta 3, & the lighter terrain packs over in the original Master of Myrror thread however it didn't include the sequel betas from this thread sadly. Does anyone have a copy of them??

We've got to try and preserve @Drift's amazing work or it'll be lost forever! :(

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your work! Don't have the files at hand, but will try to check some old portable hard drives at some point.

Exciting news guys. @Drift has visited CFC again after all these years!!! He's PM'ed me and posted in his old MoM thread giving permission for me to create a ModDB page to further preserve and show off his great projects but also is going to check some old hard drives to see if his lost sequel betas from this thread can be found! Let's all cross our fingers that he can find them!!! :) I really hope these aren't lost forever!

Last edited:
@WildWeazel oh mate if you or @Ozymandias have @Drift 's long lost sequel mods from this thread then that would be SO awesome!! It could be years before Drift visits again and even then there's no guarantee that he'll find them on those old hard drives of his or if he does what state they might be in. So I wish you guys good luck as you could be the last people on the whole friggin planet with those files as I fear these Master of Myrror II sequel & Master of Arcanus final betas could be lost forever which would be such a shame. :(

lol yeah I've been promoting some of my Civ2 modding on reddit so presumably that's what you saw me doing there. As for youtube my gigs of 'classic Civ games in HD' videos are yet to be publicly released so I'm guessing you've seen me covering one of the many other things I obsess over haha.

Hmm I might also go and post about this issue in a few other Civ forums and social media communities. See if by some miracle someone else still has them. Plenty of people tried and have Drift's original Master of Myrror I mod but far less people tried these sequel mods sadly it would seem.

Last edited:
Darn it.. the '3D download' for these Master of Myrror II Sequel & Arcanus final betas in @Drift 's first post is no longer working and takes you to some lovely site that wants to install a 'repair tool' on your pc... hmmm no thanks!

@Node60 saved our bacon with his full hosted backup of Master of Myrror 1.0, 1.01, 2.0 beta 3, & the lighter terrain packs over in the original Master of Myrror thread however it didn't include the sequel betas from this thread sadly. Does anyone have a copy of them??

We've got to try and preserve @Drift's amazing work or it'll be lost forever! :(

Blake00, please have a look at your post about your request in your Civforum.de thread. Here PaGe, a very polite civer with a great knowledge about Civ 3 posted, that he has those files and asks how to send them to you.

WE'VE GOT THEM!!!! @Drift 's Master of Myrror II sequel & Master of Arcanus final betas have been saved!!! :) Massive thank you to PaGe at the German civforum.de forums! He just might have been the last person on the planet with these files lol!

Not anymore though as I've repacked the files in 7zip, added new documentation, and used the large file upload access the admins here kindly gave me last year to upload them here to CivFinatics!

I'll add a proper download page in the downloads section with pictures and videos etc later on but for now people can Master of Myrror II sequel & Master of Arcanus final betas here:
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/MasterOfMyrrorII+MasterOfArcanusCiv3.7z

I have also uploaded the file to a preliminary ModDB page here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/master-of-myrror/downloads/master-of-myrror-ii-master-of-arcanus-final-beta-releases

Naturally I've tested them on my copy of Civ3 too, both scenarios work. :) Hopefully we never have to worry about them disappearing again!

One thing I'm wondering about though if Drift comes back again. @Drift Does installing these files on a Civ3 install that has the original Master of Myrror I files break the original MoM scenario? As I notice they both use a MoM folder in the conquests folder. For now I've duplicated my Civ3 install while I play around with both just to be safe!

Blake00, you have run into the most common and annoying bug of the Steam version of Civ 3 complete. The last update of the Steam version of Civ Complete by Steam/Firaxis over night added a new line between "PING" and "Host" (line 86) to the labels text that just says "Unknown". Of course this messed up the labeling of buttons and texts for C3C mods/scenarios with own labels texts - and please note that the GoG version of Civ 3 Complete doesn´t have this really bad bug!

If you have problems with messed up labeling of buttons at the start of a C3C mod or scenario and use the Steam version of Civ Complete you can try the following patch:

1. Go to the text folder inside the mod or scenario.
2. Rename the textfile labels to labels1 (or something like that).
3. Rename the textfile labels-Steam CivComplete Patch that is attached to this post to labels.

Some posts in the threads of my C3C mods CCM1 and 2 and RARR show, that replacing that messed labels text done by Steam even cured those crashes.

I hit this issue again and fixed it, but really struggled for a while as I didn't realise at first that Drift has multiple labels files in the sequel mods. Turns out in there's 3 of them located in:
MoM\Text\labels.txt
MoM\Races\Text\labels.txt
MoM\Arcanus\Text\labels.txt

Oh and as a side note I've also made a number of updates to the original Master of Myrror I mod files too. Details here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/master-of-myrror-fantasy-mod-2-0.79607/page-80#post-15666923

Title Screen:

1659871227449.png

Master of Myrror faction select:
Setup.png

Master of Myrror game start:
MyrrorStart.png

Master of Arcanus faction select:
ArcSetup.png

Master of Arcanus game start:
ArcStart.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom