Math05: 5BCC Domination

i would agree with plopping the settler down and a temple as first build. then, send a warrior or two there in case it rubs the celts the wrong way.

I wouldn't worry about a temple.

2550(0): Switch Kyoto to warrior as suggested, switch Tokyo to worker

2510(1): zzz

2470(2): zzz

IBT: Kyoto warrior->settler

2430(3): zzz

IBT: Celts found Lugdunum NW-NW-W of New City 2 spot (where the settler was standing)

2390(4): Found Edo, start on worker

2350(5): zzz

IBT: Osaka curragh->worker

2310(6): zzz

2270(7): zzz

IBT: Tokyo worker->something

2230(8): France learned iron working and Maya sold them the wheel for it

IBT: Kyoto settler->granary
Osaka worker->granary

2190(9): zzz

2150(10): Celts learned mysticism and sold it to Maya for masonry

Notes: settler is unmoved in case you don't want to send it to New City 3
I'll leave trading to the next player, but you may want to sell mysticism to Greece and France for their workers and Greece's gold (iron working doesn't seem to be obtainable without gpt)
I forgot to decide what Tokyo's next build should be, so feel free to change that

Way too early for war. We need to give the AI time to build towns, and for those towns to grow large enough for us to capture. We need to avoid auto-razing small settlements.

We need to not build a worker in Tokyo. Granary or temple would be my choice. Edo is fine, growing faster than it can build workers. We'll need to irrigate those plains in order to maintain growth. Once Osaka completes its granary, it should be a nice worker factory. Cut a forest near Kyoto to hurry the granary.

I agree with trading Mysticism for slaves. Research for Monarchy slingshot, trading for Writing as soon as it is available if the AI get it first.

I would move our warriors from Kyoto and Osaka over to Tokyo and Edo.

Pre-turn:2150bc

Auto-move Settler to Planned City 3.

Trade Mysticsim to Greece for a Worker and 20g. France now unwilling to give up her worker for mysticism straight up, so I sweeten the deal with 2g.

Slaves move out to road towards Edo and Tokyo.

Change Tokyo from Worker to Granary.

2110 bc (turn 1)

Warriors and Curragh continue exploration.

2070bc (turn 2)

movements

2030bc (turn 3)

Satsuma founded, begin Granary.

Edo worker complete, build another one.

Poly in 1 turn, lower Science and make 9 gold.

1990bc (turn 4)

Poly learned, no one has writing, study it in 11.

Begin to irrigate the floodplains with wheat near Edo.

Forrest near Osaka cleared revealing a BG, begin mine.
Other worker steps up to clear another forest to speed up the granary even more in Osaka.

North-Eastern most Warrior comes down off the Volcano and spots a border. Most likely will meet in India in two turns.

1950bc (turn 5)

Move warrior in Kyoto to Tokyo, and Osaka to Kyoto. Warrior returning from Celtic Lands to to head to Edo.

Worker begins deforestation.

Still no AI with the ability to write. Now getting it in 9 turns, growth shaved a turn.

1910bc (turn 6)

Growth shaved a turn but my accident brings Osaka to rioting, lost the turn we gained and a turn on the Granary. Sorry guys. 20% lux fixes the unhappiness. I think slave workers will build a road to Tokyo together to hook up the wines to all our cities, and then build up to Edo.

Worker clears forest near Kyoto, revealing a BG, begin mine. Granary in Kyoto in 7.

Meet India, we have Masonry and Mysticism, they have a worker and 10g. They now have Mysticism and he have their worker and 10g. Indian slave begins road to Satsuma.

Still no writing, with the 20%lux will get it in 10 now. However, I am moving the Warrior back to hopefully go to 10%.

1870bc (turn 7)

Order restored to Osaka.

Curragh spots safe passage, will check it out, but not too far, this is pangea after all.

Indian city of Madras has Ivory within it's borders, but not hooked up. Upon inspection, Madras is built on Ivory.

Still no writing, but India has picked up Masonry.

1830bc (turn 8)

Warrior returned to Osaka, the Garrison allows a drop to 10% but the growth in 2 turns seems to me to make it not worth the effort, but will do so for now.

Osaka MM'd to work a forest since 5 or 6 food gets growth in 2 turns but the extra sheild drops a tuun off the granary.

1790bc (turn 9)

go back to 20% lux to keep Edo from rioting.

The other land mass seems larger then expected after initial inspection. Will move one more step down, and allow discussion on whether to bring it back or keep going on next turn set.

not much else going on.

1750bc (turn 10)

Edo built a worker, who I left standing for next player to put to work but 20% lux still required since Osaka grew again.

2 turns away from roads being completed to bring wines to Kyoto and Osaka, should be able to drop lux back to 10%, unless we grow again.

Granaries complete in Osaka and Kyoto in 1 turn. I think we should build a couple units in case the Celts start feeling froggy. After that, temples all around?

The slave workers building the road to Tokyo should move to the horses to build through them towards Edo, that way we have them hooked up as well as a road to Edo.

Still no Writing known, so it looks like the 5 turns left for us to study is going to have to do.

As for the Curragh, it's up to the group whether to bring it back or not. The land mass looks large enough to be the home of an AI.

As for War, I think it might be to our benefit to wait until Chivalry and Samurai to begin. By then the AI should have been able to have many of their cities grow to a sufficent size. Remember any cities we are close to approaching will hurry a unit losing a citizen, so it must be size three or better. We want their cities...all of them.

The 'other landmass' may very well be part of the pangaea. The sea in the fog may be nothing more than a large gulf. Keep heading south around it.

Tokyo can complete a temple in three turns, and the expansion will allow it to use the wheat and the BGs.

I guess that means Takeo is up...

got it!
--how many workers do we want? we have 6 of our own and 3 ai.
--do satsuma and edo need a granary? kyoto and osaka complete a granary
next turn and then one of them could spit out a worker every other
turn to add into another city.
--what should be on tap after that? all there is to build is temples and
barracks. temples in every city?
--after writing, philosophy at max will get us monarchy, right? and then?

--france, maya and greece have IW. france will trade IW and a worker for
polytheism. make trade?

I'd say 12 to 15 native workers. We'll need them to fix up conquered cities later.
Good point about joining workers. We won't need any more granaries if we migrate citizens from Osaka.

Temples in every city, help to avoid culture flips later. Then barracks, I guess. Do we want any ancient wonders?

After Monarchy, Literature for Libraries.

Not sure about the trade... might want to take the chance that they'll get math or horseback riding soon enough, and we don't really need IW yet.

Preturn-change Tokyo to temple in 3 turns. Iron Working known by france,
maya and greece. hold onto IW till something else is known to try
a 2fer. hit enter.

IBT- greeks ask us to leave their territory.
Kyoto builds granary->temple
Osaka builds granary->worker

1725(1)-move warrior out of greek lands and north onto mountains.
warrior outside Edo moves into town.
workers moving in to hook up horses.
curragh moves south and Satsuma changed to temple.

1700(2)-wine hooked up, workers continue to road.
meet Persia and they have IW and HBR, but now CB.
trade CB to Persia for 20g, won't give anything for Myst.

IBT- Tokyo builds temple->barracks
Edo contracts disease and goes back down to 1 pop, was building
worker, change to temple.

1675(3)-curragh rounds bottom of southern penisula.
warrior near India continues north and warrior near greece
is rounding Athens and heading west.

IBT- Osaka builds worker->worker(every other turn now)

1650(4)-writing in 1, turn down sci and make 8g.
Persia acquired Myst from someone. trade Poly to Persia for IW
and HBR. Iron just west of Kyoto and 5 tiles nw of Kyoto.
Celts have no iron in their territory.

IBT- horses hooked up.
writing come in->philosophy in 8 turns.
Kyoto builds temple->barracks

1625(5)-up writing on Persia and Poly, HBR and writing on the rest.

IBT- Osaka builds worker->worker

1600(6)-curragh find some islands?

IBT- Kyoto and Tokyo borders expand.

1575(7)-nothing

IBT- Kyoto builds barracks->horseman
Osaka builds worker->worker
Satsuma builds temple->barracks

1550(8)-noting.

IBT- Osaka builds worker->temple
Tokyo builds barracks->horseman

1525(9)-Greece and India have Math, Maya now has writing and we have
Phil in 3, so trade writing to Greece for Math.

1500(10)-nothing.

Notes- Phil in 2 turns. curragh found some small islands to the east
and is heading north. 1 more temple in Edo is due in 6 turns.

1500BC

If we intend to join worker to our cities, we'll need about 20 more.

1 more temple in Edo? How many are we building there? :mischief:

The Roster:
Mathias
dalgo
TimBentley
demonpoet
Takeo
CoolioVonHoolio

CVH didn't check in, so I'll play tonight.

1500 BC (0)
IT: Kyoto Horseman >> Worker

1475 BC (1)
Spot an orange border in the north
Sci 50% Lux 10%

IT: Philosophy >> Monarchy >> Literature
Revolt: Kyoto and Osaka riot

1450 BC (2)
Meet England, they are backwards

IT: Order restored
We are a Monarchy

1425 BC (3)
Sci 90%

IT: Kyoto Worker >> Worker
Satsuma expands

1400 BC (4)
Osaka Temple >> Worker

1375 BC (5)
IT: Kyoto Worker >> Archer
Osaka Worker >> Worker
Edo Temple >> Barracks

1350 BC (6)
IT: Satsuma Barracks >> Horse

1325 BC (7)
IT: Kyoto Archer >> Worker
Osaka Worker >> Worker
Tokyo Horseman >> Horseman

1300 BC (8)
Osaka expands

1275 BC (9)
Edo switched to Granary to hold for Library

IT: Kyoto Worker >> Archer
Osaka Worker >> Worker
Edo expands
Celts begin Colossus

1250 BC (10)
Not much, just more worker actions

Kyoto is on a 4-turn cycle of Archer-Worker-Worker. I'd like to run one more cycle before building Library.

Osaka will build worker this turn. Do not move citizens. Mine will be complete for +5 food and net 10 shields. Next turn, keep it at +5 food with net 9 shields. Growth will add enough to complete a second worker before building Library.

Tokyo, Edo, and Satsuma should all switch to Libraries after we get Literature.

We have Literature this turn, using most of our treasury. Next tech, either Currency or Republic, can be researched at low rate to maintain our treasury.

Irrigating near Tokyo and Satsuma to speed growth. Do not join workers until they are at least size 7.

Warrior fortified on chokepoint near London. I assume Persia is also on that peninsula. We may want to disband our warrior near India as well as our curragh. We no longer need either of them.

Pre-Turn: Everything in great shape. Hit Enter.

IBT – Literature => Currency
Osaka: Worker => Worker
Our treasury is running dangerously low!

Turn 1 1225 BC: We are down to 2 gold so I reduce the science slider to 30%, Currency in 31. I also disband our curragh and one warrior. Change Edo, Tokyo and Satsuma to Library.

IBT – Osaka: Worker => Library
Kyoto: Archer => Worker

Turn 2 1200 BC: Lots of workers to manage.

IBT – Kyoto: Worker => Worker

Turn 3 1175 BC: Unit costs are hurting us; we have 22 native workers for 5 towns. None of the other civs have any money we can take off them.

IBT – Kyoto: Worker => Library

Turn 4 1150 BC: All cities now +5 food except Satsuma.

IBT – The Celts want our wine. Grrr. We don’t need a war just now so I cave.

Turn 5, 6, 7: - Working

IBT – The Persians are building the Colossus

Turn 8 1050 BC: The Maya now have Mapmaking.

IBT – Edo: Library => Barracks

Turn 9 1025 BC: Try to get Edo up to 10 spt, and fail.

IBT – Osaka: Library => Barracks

Turn 10 1000 BC: Currency in 6 at 30% and 0 gpt. Only the Maya have Mapmaking so not worth trading for it yet. Tokyo grows to 7 this turn so can start joining workers to all but Satsuma.

Screenshot to follow.

Top Bottom