may be a dumb question, but...

cordash

Chieftain
How do you enable permanent alliances? My wife and I enjoy playing team games, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to turn alliance on. I know how to make us on the same team in the beginning, but once I get fascism it would be great to just share all resources across our empire. Sorry if the answer is really simple :/

Ok, you could only have perminate allience if you put it there, so only in the custome game section. Go the costom games and look at the settings (the middle part on the bottom) keep looking until you see the option to pick the PA. you wount be able to do it till communism

Dude, a chick who plays civ is the greatest wish of many of Civfanatic. Consider yourself lucky. ;)

My wife and I also enjoy playing; we will just form an alliance with each other at the various stages of tech research that allow varying levels of cooperation, and go from there. Neither of us will cancel the alliance with each other, so it works fine.

This is in Civ2 and Civ3, though--I don't have Civ4 yet. Hopefully in the next month or so! Still, with what I have read about Civ4's diplomacy options, you don't ever unwillingly break terms of peace with anyone, even if you have a mutual protection pact that "obligates" you to do so...in other words, this is a perfectly valid option even when mutual protection pacts are in play.

Sam

cordash said:
How do you enable permanent alliances? My wife and I enjoy playing team games, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to turn alliance on. I know how to make us on the same team in the beginning, but once I get fascism it would be great to just share all resources across our empire. Sorry if the answer is really simple :/

I've never tried a team game but maybe you can't form an alliance with a team member because the game takes this for granted.

But, honestly, in every other game I've played, I've NEVER been able to get a perm. alliance with any AI. It seems to be the hardest thing to do in the game (including various victory conditions).

you could set it from the begining to be on team, even with a.i. just set urselfs on the same ream number in the custom menu... seems easyer than waiting till comunism if its u and your wife.

puglover said:
Dude, a chick who plays civ is the greatest wish of many of Civfanatic. Consider yourself lucky. ;)

You can say that again. And I am sooooooooooooooo lucky that my darling loves CIV. It's just wonderful how she in one moment would like to cuddle her "cute chinese people" and in the next put the fear of God into her neighbour nation, swearing like a sailor. Playing without her simply is not a fraction of the fun, really.

However, she hates CIV4...

back on topic

Permanent alliance is activated in the custom game screen. You check the box and then set the team numbers of the relevant nations. That's it. Can't be changed through the game. When allied with an AI this way, the AI will do whatever you ask, namely:

- Give you any resources you desire (even if it has obly one of it)
- Offer surplus resources
- Attack wehere you direct it
- Research what you deem worthwhile (resulting in double speed research; you can tell it to switch one turn before researching a religiouse tech, thus ensuring the religion is founded in one of your cities).

Top Bottom