Maydrock's_PBEM_1

Ok.. Working on it.

GAME IS ON HOLD

I received the game last night for my turn. Due to the recent patches, I am temporaily stopping the game for approximately a week until everyone upgrades to v2.13, and to see if any other problems arise in MP games that Firaxis needs to address.

Please make a post when you have upgraded. Once I have a warm fuzzy that Firaxis has all their i's dotted and all their t's crossed we will continue.

Upgrading warlords to 2.13 will automatically upgrade vanilla as well to 1.74, so do the warlords "Check for updates" under the advanced menu.

Warning: the download is almost 85 Meg! So, any dial up players will probably want to plan this weekend socializing away from the computer. :lol:

Same. Patched up yesterday morning---ready to go whenever.

All Patched Up and ready to go

Blast it, how big is the patch again? Why'd they have to do that to me. :(

First off if you have to do it through the game, that puts a big hole in it for me.. (It is on a different PC) And then 82 megs.. that is like 10 hours probably!

Would it be ok if I got a sub till I can pick up BTS?

Your not going to get BtS anytime soon Mat? If not, I would say start the download prior to going to bed, it should be finished by the time you wake up, then burn it to CD to put on whatever computer you want. Or make a small peer to peer network to transfer. If you don't have a hub, it's actually a pretty neat process to make a crossover cable. At least the first one or two, then it can get tedious.

I've played several (about 12 of them so far...) of my PBEM games pre-patch & post-patch with no problems. If you have the turn, there shouldnt be any problem playing your turn before patching & sending it off to someone who already has patched.

If you have any problems loading or with any errors as a result of patching to the new versions, just give a holler here & we'll try to help. :D Good luck!

Your not going to get BtS anytime soon Mat? If not, I would say start the download prior to going to bed, it should be finished by the time you wake up, then burn it to CD to put on whatever computer you want. Or make a small peer to peer network to transfer. If you don't have a hub, it's actually a pretty neat process to make a crossover cable. At least the first one or two, then it can get tedious.

I am hoping to get it Monday or Tuesday Actually, if not then about a week after.. So not extremely long, that was why I was asking if I could get a sitter for a bit.
And for the network thing, that would be great except.. No one I know up hear has high speed, they are just putting it through (Finally) in early August and we are hoping to get it in September..

I've played several (about 12 of them so far...) of my PBEM games pre-patch & post-patch with no problems. If you have the turn, there shouldnt be any problem playing your turn before patching & sending it off to someone who already has patched.

If you have any problems loading or with any errors as a result of patching to the new versions, just give a holler here & we'll try to help. :D Good luck!

Unfortunately I heard they changed the .dll, would that affect anything? I am assuming it would..

Updated and patched but not playable due to some .dll error.

Maydrock, I am looking for someone to do the next couple turns for me till I get BTS. :)

We should be able to buy it Wednesday in store. I know I will be at Best Buy at 10:00am. hehe

Like I said before, I will have the game down about a week, so no rush. Being down a week at our current pace we will only loose about a turn, and with BtS coming out I doubt our pace will pick up anytime soon.

Ok. :) Phew..

The only problem with me is this whole country business, no highspeed, far enough away that you have to plan your trips to town.. But I think I have pretty much convinced my parents to take us all to town Tuesday, but I guess I will have to phone first..

Yeah I am not sure were the closest traffic light is here. There is one up on a wire (You know were they string them across the road, and just one colour) just outside of town, but an actual one with even to bulbs would be hard to find..

Though I still would prefer it than the city, even if I have to wait a little longer to get games and such..

Ok, I have dual installed warlords on my machine. I can log into the game under either version, 2.08 or 2.13. I assume if I play my turn under 2.13, then the save that is forwarded will be formatted for 2.13.

With urb's game that I am sitting admin for, I can not log into that game under v1.74, only v1.61. Since he forgot to send me the admin password, I can not unlock the game for the newer patch.

As I jumped the gun and put the ball in motion for everyone to install 2.13, then we will continue once everyone patches to 2.13; unless the players that have already patched either did a dual install, or are willing to revert back and then do a dual install. Which is what I did today, it's not to bad, but does take some time.

Top Bottom