McNultus the Brave

McNulty

Chieftain
The warrior walks forlornly accross the countryside, his mighty axe unused this long while...

McNultus: I ask the Spirits for a mission, and they do not reply. I am no philosopher, I am no holy man. I am a warrior, my only strength lies in my arm. Without a purpose, what am I? Have all those who fired my passion for Spiritualism left me in this time?

He swings his mighty axe and fells a nearby tree with one blow. It crashes noisily to the ground, but McNultus' expression does not change...

McNultus: Spirits, gods, whate'er you are! I am McNultus, warrior! I need a quest! Give me enemies to slay in your name! Give me damsels to rescue! Treasures to win! Why have you forsaken me!?

The warrior stands in silence, hoping with all his heart that a reply will come. The Spirits must hear him! They must! But nothing but silence answers him...

McNultus: So be it. I am a warrior without a purpose, a man who sought spiritual fulfillment and found only emptyness. Without purpose, my life is meaningless. Better that I had never been born...

McNultus throws his mighty axe to the ground. The blade bites deep into the hard earth, its razor-sharp edge sticking out. McNultus stands before his trusty weapon, and spreads his arms to the sky...

McNultus: I have lived by the axe...

Top Bottom