Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

KYOTO PALACE

The venerable Daimyo Jehoshua sat on his throne at the head of the hall and observed the sensei and lesser Daimyo's of japan conduct the council.

Thinking for a moment he observed that Japan had declined somewhat, the intrigues of the Kagaku worms and the subversive designs of the Shihai had weakened Japan. The Daimyo pondered as he recalled his proposal to execute the Kagaku for their insolence and their failure at surpassing the science of the arabians. Their dishonour had corrupted Japan and now it sat like a common beggar on its peninsula, at the mercy of the whims of its neighbours. However the janitor Yazuka or whatever his name said he would not clean the lavatories unless the vote was cancelled! After a stalemate of several weeks as feces and urine piled up in the council lavatorium the Daimyo was forced to accede and cancel the vote in order that the stench of Shihai feces was removed from the palace.

jerking back into consciousness the Daimyo heard the voice of one Ceskari, a descendant of the original compadre of the Daimyo Ceskari I call out his abstentation.

Apparently Japan had fallen into lethargy and takign example from their ever victorious autocrat and Daimyo Jehoshua, the sensei of Kyoto had all abstained from politics for the turn.

going back to his pondering the Daimyo thought that perhaps a nice crusade was in order to wake up the soul of Japan....

PERSPOLIS PALACE

The venerable Daimyo sat on his throne at the head of the hall and observed the sensei and lesser Daimyo's of japan conduct the council.

Thinking for a moment he observed that Japan had declined somewhat, the intrigues of the Kagaku worms and the subversive designs of the Shihai had weakened Japan. The Daimyo pondered as he recalled his proposal to execute the Kagaku for their insolence and their failure at surpassing the science of the arabians. Their dishonour had corrupted Japan and now it sat like a common beggar on its peninsula, at the mercy of the whims of its neighbours. However the janitor Yazuka or whatever his name said he would not clean the lavatories unless the vote was cancelled! After a stalemate of several weeks as feces and urine piles up in the council lavatorium the Daimyo was forced to accede and cancel the vote in order that the stench of Shihai feces was removed from the palace.

jerking back into consciousness the Daimyo heard the voice of one Ceskari, a descendant of the original compadre of the Daimyo Ceskari I call out his abstentation.

Apparently Japan had fallen into lethargy and takign example from their ever victorious autocrat and Daimyo Jehoshua, the sensei of Kyoto had all abstained from politics for the turn.

going back to his pondering the Daimyo thought that perhaps a nice crusade was in order to wake up the soul of Japan....

It is obviously time for the Daimyo to resign if he can't even remember the name of his own city, the capital of the Empire no less! Respect for elders is one thing but this brings dishonour on the entire Empire.

It is obviously time for the Daimyo to resign if he can't even remember the name of his own city, the capital of the Empire no less! Respect for elders is one thing but this brings dishonour on the entire Empire.

what the hell are you talking about, I mentioned Kyoto you ignoramus. Do I need to mention it explicitly for you. (no wonder the Kagaku fail so much :p )

the line in question.

Apparently Japan had fallen into lethargy and taking example from their ever victorious autocrat and Daimyo Jehoshua, the sensei of Kyoto had all abstained from politics for the turn.

:lol:

Check you header

Clearly you have been deluded by the tricks of the Kagaku who have corrupted your mind into seeing a different header than the one that actually exists ;)

For a second there I thought we crossed dimensions and I blamed myself for staring at the monitor too long.

For a second there I thought we crossed dimensions and I blamed myself for staring at the monitor too long.

One of the problems of being transcendant beings made manifest in 150yr old human avatars I suppose :p

Whats the point of the Daimyo resigning if another Bunka is going to take over and lead our nation to further oblivion? For all the blame the Bunka throw around to the other clans, they have held rule of Kyoto for most of Japan's existence and done nothing more than build monuments to themselves and throw celebration parties for eachother.

This nation has slipped into a dangerous lethargy where we are all expected to sit at home, write poetry, nod and smile agreement with our Bunka overlords, and watch as our country and way of life are wiped out by our barbarian neighbors.

where we are all expected to sit at home, write poetry, nod and smile agreement with our Bunka overlords.

EXACTLY :D, You would be well advised to do that, but unfortunately since the other clans havent kowtowed to the Bunka and the disagreement has led to discord and an incomplete fulfilment of our designs which has resulted in this contemporaneous state of play.

If the other clans simply rolled over and did as they were told this mess would never of occured.

Though there are not votes in which I can participate, I forgot to abstain!

In the interest of not being counted absent, Daimyo Rudragun abstains.

The Council of T235
Spoiler Voting Results :

Tokyo local votes:
TL-235-1: add to Tokyo's build queue?
b) Bank

TL-235-2: What shall Ishiyumi Kimyona do?
a) move to Tokyo, garrison there->move Senshi Kuma to the Northwest
Still unable to move through America's territory to reach Tokyo!

Satsuma Local Influence
SL-235-1: Shall we disband warriors in Satsuma:
A) one
Senshi Wanryuko is disbanded

SL-235-2: Shall our worker clear the marsh north of Satsuma?
A) yes

The recent Arabian completion of the Manhattan Project, an advanced military technology, continues to devastate the moral of the Japanese people.
Key members of Japan's scientific and military clans commit seppuku by way of atonement.

Daimyo Grzybek of the Kagaku clan in Kagoshima commits seppuku at the age of 63.
Nadakai of the Kagaku clan takes his place in Kagoshima.
Pouakai of the Gaiko clan is now daimyo of Kagoshima.

Duke Pastry of the Shihai clan in Kagoshima commits seppuku at the age of 43.
Dude13 of the Kagaku clan takes his place in Kagoshima.

Albert Einstein of the Kagaku clan in Kagoshima commits seppuku at the age of 39.
zeus_lightning of the Shihai clan takes his place in Kagoshima.

Pieman of the Shihai clan in Satsuma commits seppuku at the age of 28.
Sushipie of the Shihai clan takes his place in Satsuma.

Izak Newton of the Kagaku clan in Satsuma commits seppuku at the age of 9.
dot80 of the Shihai clan takes his place in Satsuma.

1630 AD (T236)
Arabia seeks help in a war against Rome. (As If Arabia needs help!) We decline.
America is now protecting Ragusa.
Kyoto completes the National Epic and begins producing a market.

1635 AD (T237)
Mongolia also seeks allies against Rome. Again, we decline.
Belgrade gifts us another crossbowman. He is named Ishiyumi Danmaku.
Rodosha Shujin completes a trading post in Osaka and moves to build a mine.

1640 AD (T238)
Catherine seeks allies against Germany. We decline.
Catherine declares war on Bismarck.
Japan enters a golden age! It is the answer to our economic woes!
Spoiler :

1645 AD (T239)
We meet Pachuchuti of the Inca when his caravel visits Tokyo.
Arabia is now the ally of Dublin.
Daemonpies of the Shihai clan in Osaka dies of natural causes at the age of 28.
Massamune of the Gaiko clan takes his place in Osaka.
Daimyo Ac alan of the Gaiko clan in Satsuma dies of natural causes at the age of 78.
Toguwa of the Kagaku clan takes his place in Satsuma.
Chieron Andra of the Gaiko clan is now Daimyo of Satsuma.
Spoiler :

1650 AD (T240)
Our scientists complete the study of chemistry.
Spoiler :

The Council session of T240 is now open until 22:00 GMT-5 on Tuesday

Scientific Influence Votes
240-S-1: What shall we research next?

Military Influence Votes:
240-M-1: What city shall control Ishiyumi Danmaku?

Please queue next production in Kyoto, Osaka and Satsuma!

Spoiler Cities :

Spoiler Influence :

Spoiler Empire :

Spoiler Social Policies :

With thanks to punctuator for pulling together the raw data for new social policies! :satan:
Current Culture: 1058
Target Culture: 1360
Culture Per Turn: 50
Next Policy: 7

Adopted Policies (Policy Tree) Policy Effect
Tradition ( Tradition) +3 Culture/Turn in the Capital
Aristocracy ( Tradition) 15% Bonus to Wonder Production
Legalism ( Tradition) Free Culture Building in First 4 Cities
Oligarchy ( Tradition) Garrisoned Units Cost No Maintenance, +100% Ranged Combat Strength for Cities with Garrison
Monarchy ( Tradition) +1 Gold and -1 Unhappiness per 2 Citizens in Capital
Liberty ( Liberty) +1 Culture/Turn in Every City
Piety ( Piety) Production Cost of Culture Buildings Reduced 15%
Organized Religion ( Piety) +1 Happiness per Monument/Temple/Monastery
Patronage ( Patronage) City State Influence Decays 25% More Slowly

Available Policies (Policy Tree) Policy Effect
Landed Elite ( Tradition) +1 Happiness for every 10 Citizens in a City
Finisher ( Tradition) +15% Growth and +2 Food in All Cities
Collective Rule ( Liberty) 50% Faster Settlers in Capital, Free Settler Near Capital
Citizenship ( Liberty) 25% Faster Tile Improvements, Free Worker Near Capital
Honor ( Honor) 25% Combat Bonus vs. Barbarians, Notification of Encampment Respawn, Killing Barbarians Produces Culture
Mandate of Heaven ( Piety) 50% of Positive Happiness Added to Culture/Turn
Philanthropy ( Patronage) Gold Gifts to City States Produce 25% Extra Influence
Aesthetics ( Patronage) Minimum Influence Level of 20 With All City-States
Commerce ( Commerce) Gold Output Increased by 25% in Capital
Freedom ( Freedom) Rate of Great People Generation Increased by 25%

Incompatible Policies (Policy Tree) Policy Effect
Rationalism ( Rationalism) Science Gained From Research Agreements Increased by 50%
(May not have Rationalism and Piety at the same time)

Spoiler Waiting List :

VOTES

What shall we add to the construction queue of Kyoto?

granary
university
bank
caravel
musketman

A Golden Age! How wondrous! How sad that so many of our own citizens died or committed sepukku before they could see it.

With this prosperity, Osaka will finally generate the science which we seek so much.
Move the citizen on the grassland farm which is not adjacent to a river and the citizen on the mine to positions as scientists in Osaka's university.

Votes

Local Influence Votes
Add to Rodosha Shujin's working queue?
Put a farm on the northern marsh
Clear the northern marsh and make a trading post
Do not add to queue

What should be added to Osaka's production queue?
Aqueduct
1 turn of Mint, then switch to National College and make it, then finish Mint

Oy, double-daimyoship for my family.

Local Influence Votes

240-SL-1 What to add to Satsuma's build queue (Library finishes shortly)?
Market
Colosseum
Musketman
Workshop (prod)
Harbor (prod)
Aqueduct
Nothing

Can't Ishiyumi Kimyona embark on his way to Tokyo? If not:

240-TL-1 Tell Ishiyumi Kimyona to embark, then resume orders?
Yes
No

A Golden Age! How wondrous! How sad that so many of our own citizens died or committed sepukku before they could see it.

Have you considered the possibility that this golden age was initiated out of joy for the departure of so many shamed and dishonoured individuals. I know my joy would be ecstatic should the Kagaku commit mass seppuku :p

Ishiyumi Kimyona is able to embark and will therefore leave for Tokyo immediately.

Only Tokyo is next to a mountain and able to build an observatory.

Have you considered the possibility that this golden age was initiated out of joy for the departure of so many shamed and dishonoured individuals. I know my joy would be ecstatic should the Kagaku commit mass seppuku :p

Ah, revered Daimyo. You never fail to amuse me, though I wasn't under the impression that they were all shamed and dishonored.

votes for Toguwa

240-SL-1
Workshop

I abstain from all the National votes because I have no national influence.

OOC / FYI: I am traveling in the city state of Brussels and will return to normal e-mail only later after holidays... I will try to stay on track but any contribution is compromised. BR, Ceskari / Ringfinger

Top Bottom