Mechanics Brainstorm

One thing I'd like to see is a way to see which specific city states you put an embassy in. Sometimes I forget where I placed them and don't want to necessarily conquer a city state with my embassies located there.

One thing I'd like to see is a way to see which specific city states you put an embassy in. Sometimes I forget where I placed them and don't want to necessarily conquer a city state with my embassies located there.

If you mouse over a City-State, it'll tell you if an embassy was placed. If you mouse over the tile which has the embassy, it'll tell you which civ it belongs to.

Ability of garrisoned ranged ships to shot out of their city. (Not really new, but could we get it back?) Edit: Only if the AI can/will use it to defend their cities better.

Last edited:
Would it be mechanically possible to make instant city yields being accounted for as part of city unhappiness calculation?

- Option for quick movement only for Civs you are NOT currently at war with.

- Option to Autolock all GPTI and resources from the City Screen so I don't have to do it myself.

- When someone offers you a trade it should tell you how much of the total resource you have.

- City States should ignore scouts when calculating tribute.

- After defensive buildings, puppets should produce Defense if not at 100%HP, then wealth if the empire is losing money.

- Give the player the ability to choose their official religion with a 30 turn cooldown (think Constantine's Rome). If you pick a minority religion you will naturally generate unhappiness. Could allow for your official religion to be traded on the trade screen with an embassy.

A couple of the mods that I always use because they add variety without changing the functionality, or they add basic functionality that I think should be standard:

Commander Influence Borders
Random City Names
Small Resource Icons
Religious Spread Map
Reforestation for VP
Diplomacy Extended

I also always include No More Tech Tree Beelining because it makes logical sense to me (with me personally setting at two columns of "reach") but that mod might be a bit more debatable. I could see including it as an checked option that could be turned on or off.

Top Bottom