Meet the Modders

for 108 years, since 1916... 1916 + 108 = 2024. How time flies! I didn't see the last 8 years passing

My error, the last World Series win before 2016 was 1908, not sure why I post 1916. The crowd estimate for the parade in Chicago today is 5 Million, my daughter being one of them, with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.

Wow, 5 million. That's even more than the 1.3 million for the Cavaliers victory parade, and I thought that was a lot. And now that I check, it's the largest peaceful gathering outside of Asia in history. The Cavs parade is the 5th-largest sports parade in the U.S.; the 2004 Red Sox, 2005 White Sox, and 1974 Flyers are in between, in order from largest to least largest. Did your family get a good view of the parade?

I took Thursday off in anticipation of celebration, but it was not to be. However, as I didn't get home until almost 3:30 AM, it was still a good decision to take the day off. It was a very close game, though - I thought Cleveland had a very good chance when the Cubs sent Chapman back out in the 9th after he'd already given up 3 runs in the 8th (although things had looked pretty grim in the top of the 8th). One difference on either side could've meant victory for either team in regulation.

Wow, 5 million. That's even more than the 1.3 million for the Cavaliers victory parade, and I thought that was a lot. And now that I check, it's the largest peaceful gathering outside of Asia in history. The Cavs parade is the 5th-largest sports parade in the U.S.; the 2004 Red Sox, 2005 White Sox, and 1974 Flyers are in between, in order from largest to least largest. Did your family get a good view of the parade?

I took Thursday off in anticipation of celebration, but it was not to be. However, as I didn't get home until almost 3:30 AM, it was still a good decision to take the day off. It was a very close game, though - I thought Cleveland had a very good chance when the Cubs sent Chapman back out in the 9th after he'd already given up 3 runs in the 8th (although things had looked pretty grim in the top of the 8th). One difference on either side could've meant victory for either team in regulation.

My brother-in-law has an office that overlooks MIchigan Avenue on the east side, so they had a great view of the parade from above, and even from ground level, as the city had blocked off the east side of MIchigan Avenue earlier in the morning. I now have a Cubs World Series T-Shirt that I never expected to wear. I need to get one for my oldest brother, and surprise him with it. As he is in the Los Angeles area, I am not sure how much he will wear it. My daughter got one for herself, and one for her new husband, who normally is a Brewers fan, but knows when to preserve the peace in the family. They will be greatly treasured.

Yesterday was Veteran's Day here in the US, and Remembrance Day in other countries, commemorating the 11th hour of the 11 day of the 11 month of the Year of our Lord 1918, with the armistice that ended World War One. Thanks to all those who have served their country by service in the military.
:thanx::thanx::clap::clap::goodjob::goodjob:

As my signature notes, we had two weddings last year with both my son and daughter being married. My son and new daughter-in-law celebrated their first anniversary yesterday, and we are very happy for them, as Lya is a wonderful young lady, and my son is a very lucky young man. Anniversary number two comes up in August. My daughter has gotten her new husband hooked on cruising, so they will be heading for the Caribbean. Kendra and Nathan will be joining us for Mother's Day, we should be a joyous occasion with our new son-in-law. It would be hard to be happier for both of our kids.

For those who are new parents, treasure your children while they are young, as they grew so very quickly. Find time to spend time with them, and get out and do things with them. Do not forget to read to them while they are small. Above all, never let them go to bed or leave the house without a final hug.

That settles it then, rather underwhelmingly

Might run in wine in GNU/Lunix. I'd like to test a bunch of programs like flicster, the storyboard editor etc now that I finally have Civ 3 working well on GNU/Linux.

Here is an obligatory "I have yet to disappear from the face of the earth" post.

Same as Ogedei. This thread popped up in my unread threads page.

I'm almost in love with timerover's new avatar.
Might run in wine in GNU/Lunix. I'd like to test a bunch of programs like flicster, the storyboard editor etc now that I finally have Civ 3 working well on GNU/Linux.
I will have to dig into this. Rebooting the computer whenever I need to play is a hassle.

I haven't played civ in a month or two now.

Same as Ogedei. This thread popped up in my unread threads page.

I'm almost in love with timerover's new avatar..

It is the logo of my micro-publishing company, which website I need to get working on. Time is Roving.

I will have to dig into this. Rebooting the computer whenever I need to play is a hassle.

I haven't played civ in a month or two now.

Linux might be a good option for Macintosh users for Civ3. After a month or two, the Civ3 content in my brain gets low, and I binge on it for a week or two. Getting more consistent now since I am working on Test of Time, and finally got up the courage to plug Pounder's Resource File into my Civ3 Conquest Game. It works great, and I love having all of the options. Now to work up my courage to add new resources.

Yes, yes, but that's once term ends. I'll have to start tinkering again if I get Quintillus' mod up and running.

The Whacha Cookin' Tonight? thread is something I recommend to all CFCers with an inclination for cooking.

Now back to my studies so I can finally graduate.

Civ 3 and the standard editor are working beautifully on Linux now, which I'm thrilled about as I've had trouble getting Windows working properly again on my 7 year old computer. Wouldn't recognise USB slots and other annoying problems like that. Linux on the other hand works very well and now it even runs Civ 3!

Haven't tried to run any Civ 3 extra programs like Flicster yet.

Hello I'm Michael I was born in August 7th 2002 in northsville Michigan I was diagnose with Autism and ADHD later then I moved to Kentucky I lived there for 3 years when I was five years old I moved to Alabama the in 2008 my brother is born in 2013 I graduated from elementary school when I was 11 I started playing civ 3 and I moved to Georgia and in 2017 I graduated from middle school and now I'm going to high school and now I'm making a mod In civ 3

Last edited:
Hello I'm Michael I was born in August 7th 2002 in northsville Michigan I was diagnose with Autism and ADHD later then I moved to Kentucky I lived there for 3 years when I was five years old I moved to Alabama the in 2008 my brother is born in 2013 I graduated from elementary school when I was 11 I started playing civ 3 and I moved to Georgia and in 2017 I graduated from middle school and now I'm going to high school and now I'm making a mod In civ 3
Good to see you young guys joining the Civ3 community.

Top Bottom