Meet the Modders

Thanks for the info Blue Monkey. I am glad that Ozy is well. He was always a good person! I hope the best for him, and perhaps on occasion if he decides to drop in and say hi would be nice.

I completely second this. :agree: All the best for Ozy! Unfortunately I have lost all my old E-mail addresses due to a hacker attack.

Is anyone still active here who was already modding in 2002?
I started modding civ2 in 1998 or 1999 and got civ3 upon it's release in 2001. I modded civ3 from the beginning and joined this forum in september 2002 to post some maps.

But I'm not really active any more and now moved on to civ4.

Thanks, BM for the info on Ozymandias.
You will certainly be missed on CFC, Ozy, but I hope you'll pop in some time in the future to say hello to your many friends here. All the best!

Thanks for the update, Blue Monkey, and for passing on our well wishes to Oz. He has been an indispensable part of this forum and is sorely missed, but I am glad to hear he will continue to fight the good fight. I'm looking forward to him popping in to say hello at some point when we least expect it.

I'm also glad to hear of the update from Ozymandias, and wish him the best. Definitely one of the giants of CFC.

Meanwhile, it's been a couple years since the travel map trend, and I've visited two new states (and didn't remember having visited Michigan at the time I did the last one), so I'll post an update.

The new ones are North Carolina and Tennessee. My sister moved to North Carolina about two years ago, and I traveled to Tennessee to see the eclipse this week, which was pretty cool. I've also re-visited a number of states that I'd already been too the past couple years, mostly in the mid-Atlantic region. I doubt I'll add another state this year, but I will be traveling to Illinois next weekend, for a short vacation.

Congratulations to Kyriakos on the Kafka translations!

We're in the middle of sustained days of temperatures at or above 105 F (≈ 40 C) and temperatures above 90 F ( > 30 C) until after 9 PM and up above that again by 9 AM. With humidity below 20% - sometimes closer to 10% - we still see a bit of cloud cover in the morning. All that evaporated water from winter runoff stored in reservoirs has to go somewhere. It's a long drive and a mountain range away, but Furnace Creek* - one of the hottest and driest places in the world - is close enough to affect our local climate.

Long story short: unless some CFCer is living in the Sahara or Rub' al Khali I lose. :p

* “Would You Enjoy a Trip to Hell?...You Might Enjoy a Trip to Death Valley, Now! It has all the advantages of hell without the inconveniences.” Quipped a local newspaper in 1907

You don’t have to pay rent in Hell so there’s another group of people to envy.
Manchester’s weather report for the next century: “cloudy with a chance of rain” and you make it sound like a win.
upload_2017-8-31_1-58-33.png

... “cloudy with a chance of rain” ...

It was still 90 F at midnight. Then a descent of the mingled feline & canine variety began. Cloud-seeding by Rocket Cat?* Gene Kelley isn't the only film dancer in the rain & yes, monsoon happens other places than South Asia.

*It's worth noting that the monsoon weather often passes through the Groom Lake area before it gets to us. - model by Delta_Strife & animations by Vuldacon (an extraordinary collaboration)

UPDATE: as is typical, the rain passed and we're back to a forecast of a high later today of 106 F.

Last edited:
Top Bottom